test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Looking for advice on a CW build

akadaryuujinakadaryuujin Member Posts: 10 Arc User
edited May 2015 in The Library
So I'm looking for advice on what I guess would be a "ice wizard" build. The way I've been enjoying to run my CW is to gather everything up into a group and freeze it as quickly as possible. I'm often the first to charge in to grab all the aggro so I'm usually on the front line until I can get them froze or **** close to it.

Here is my current set up that I've been running power wise.

RB: Conduit of Ice.
RT: Chilling Cloud
LT: Scorching Burst
X: Icy Terrain
B: Shield
Y: Entangling force (been pondering on removing this)
I swap my daily's out depending on what I'm doing

The main things I'm trying to figure out are which is the better paragon path for what I'm trying to do? I enjoy the rimfire that my smolder and ice causes but I have no clue what the spell storm has. Best stats to gear my armor for (crit, power, defense, deflection etc) and the best set up for my feats/paragon.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I know this may not be the most "effective" way to play the CW but I really enjoy playing this style. I'm open to any suggestion on changes in play style though.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• strictlyevilstrictlyevil Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I've been playing a CW for quite a while now and I can tell you there are multiple routes you can go down depending on what exactly you're looking for. I've tried them all and I myself prefer to play as a Spellstorm Renegade.

I'd be more than happy to hop into a party chat with you when I get off work and help with any questions you may have.

Feel free to add me and hit me up if you see me online. Gamertag: XGC Army. I play 5pm-11pm CST on weekdays and anytime on weekends.
    Ancient 18.8k CW | Ancient Heals 18k DC | Ancient Tank 22.2k GF | GT: XGC Army
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • jschaefer6556jschaefer6556 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I am willing to share my CW build. Gamer-tag is tkpxsuperbad. I a tried something new yesterday and my dps is off the charts compared to what it use to be. Send me a message in game and I'll share my build with you. 16k plus gear score and i out dps rouges within my gear score range
  • mythdcmythdc Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    I am willing to share my CW build. Gamer-tag is tkpxsuperbad. I a tried something new yesterday and my dps is off the charts compared to what it use to be. Send me a message in game and I'll share my build with you. 16k plus gear score and i out dps rouges within my gear score range

Courious as to why you put "out dps rogues"?

They shouldn't even be close to your dps. I've only been out dps once.. And that was from a very skilled HR. I've yet to see a Rogue come within a couple million of my cw. Regardless of their gear score.

• flanniganbkflanniganbk Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    mythdc wrote: »

Courious as to why you put "out dps rogues"?

They shouldn't even be close to your dps. I've only been out dps once.. And that was from a very skilled HR. I've yet to see a Rogue come within a couple million of my cw. Regardless of their gear score.

Very much this. Hunter rangers set up right will out aoe dps us. Period. But a good cw can get close to keeping up if you actively start fights and stay in combat and group enemies well. But the hr will usually beat you by 10%. Thing is, who cares, an hr/cw team is suuuuper nice for everything
  • dreadkissdreadkiss Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    well built rouges can destroy any class
    SS CW/iron vanguard GWF
    Legacy/Kevlar
    Look Good Play Good
    STREAMING NEVERWINTER DAILY 7:00PM -2:00AM TWITCH ID: MHHAVOC
    LOVE TAKING CHALLENGES COME FIND ME IN I.W.D.
  • articiawinterarticiawinter Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    my rouge has out damaged all classes only once did she lose to another rouge since the game came out my rouge has out damaged all classses and made top charts every time now im trying to make it so my wizard could murder my rouge and i need advice?
  • dreadkissdreadkiss Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    I CAN HELP GT MH HAVOC

19.2 K CONTROL WIZARD
    SS CW/iron vanguard GWF
    Legacy/Kevlar
    Look Good Play Good
    STREAMING NEVERWINTER DAILY 7:00PM -2:00AM TWITCH ID: MHHAVOC
    LOVE TAKING CHALLENGES COME FIND ME IN I.W.D.