test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Intended??!?

cybergutscyberguts Member Posts: 141 Arc User
After Tiamat patch dropped and everyone was able to access The Well Of Dragons, I've noticed that Artifact gear is now dropping A LOT...
I've had 3 Artifact items drop in one night, 2 on the same Draconic Herald run.

The market is flooded with them now. I understand people were bitching about boot n loot, and it seems they've increased the drop chance; said Artifact items have severely dropped in price on the AH due to the amount that are dropping.

Was it intended? Or is it a phase to get the hype for Tiamat up? Then, it'll go back to normal?
Erdan Darksbane - Lvl 60 Soulbinder Fury SW
BamBam - Lvl 30 GWF
Trevok - Lvl 30 GF
Wil - Lvl 25 TR (PvP)

Comments

• kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    They did not "increase the drop chance". The dragons in Well of Dragons have a pretty high chance of dropping artifact equipment. It was like this on PC too. The drop rate is the normal drop rate and probably won't be changed. Artifact equipment is super cheap on PC for the same reasons.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • bmeanbmean Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    I've noticed this as well. I'm just glad I sold my black ice belt (green) for 650k in the first day of release... now they are selling for 100k - 150k.
  • travuskatravuska Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    yeah the sash of charisma is around 40,000 now. I've gotten two in a 2 hour timeframe the other day, lol.

The only exception is the dexterity belt which is still around 350,000. really don't know why the dex belt is the most expensive.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    travuska wrote: »
    yeah the sash of charisma is around 40,000 now. I've gotten two in a 2 hour timeframe the other day, lol.

The only exception is the dexterity belt which is still around 350,000. really don't know why the dex belt is the most expensive.

Because it's one of the best belts you have for DPS classes right now, but trust me, the price on those will drop too.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • soonergmsoonergm Member Posts: 503 Arc User
    Must be a nice problem to have. I haven't gotten a single artifact drop yet and keep struggling to get a great success encounter. I've had 3 great successes so far and only got purple equipment that I can't use and doesn't sell well in the trade house.

I've also tried changing to lesser populated instances with not much improvement. I'm often top DPS in dungeon runs and skirmishes but it's AOE damage which is the only thing I can think of that's the problem. With regular dragons I always have a great success
    My Toons

SoonerGM - HR Trapper
    Haven - Righteous Cleric
    Ethereal Justice - OP Paladin
  • bkthomsonbkthomson Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    Eh, I take it as they are Dragons, they hoard a lot of stuff and been around a while, that is until the new Dragon Encounters and now they are dropping like skittles.