What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Well of Dragons - Dragon Map for beginners

cactusjacktercactusjackter Member Posts: 287 Arc User
wellofdragons.png

Hope that clears everything up.

Comments

• rockstargfurockstargfu Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    Already knew, but good on ya for spreading the word bud!

Cheers! (Cause all cool gamers use britsh slang)
  • xrawcarnagexrawcarnage Member Posts: 384 Arc User
    Yeah definitely the best route to take. Did it twice last night and was done within 5 minutes
  • jasjohjasjoh Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    You forgot to add pointers indicating that, in rare cases, idiots want to start at other dragons too. Otherwise, great map.

+1 to Sticky.
    Frontier Psychiatrist - 14.5k Cleric
    Badbear - 13.5k Great Useless Fighter (benched until Mod 6)
    Chopper Dave - 12k Wizard
    Peg Leg o' Lass - Ranger (in progress)
    Lord Ignignot - Rogue (in progress)
  • cactusjacktercactusjackter Member Posts: 287 Arc User
    See, now starting at the Black dragon would also make sense as it would just work in reverse, but the Green dragon start is pretty engrained with a lot of people already so it makes much more sense to perpetuate that.

The White dragon start is a product of massively outdated internet guides. When Tiamat was on PC, the Red dragon was bugged to hell - killing it would despawn every other dragon. Therefore the only real way to do it was start at White and finish on Red. This bug was fixed. Unfortunately so many people where just following the White start with no understanding of why the White start actually existed that it's pretty difficult to get them to accept there's no longer any reason to do it their way.

This is such a problem that White starters actually started fabricating reasons for why they were starting at White. The most prevalent of these appears to be "if you start at White, you get a better chance of artifiacts". You don't. That's nonsense. Each dragon has the same chance of dropping artifacts (as do the medium difficulty heroic events dotted around the map) and the order you do them in has no effect on that.

However, if everyone starts Green, then not only do the dragons die quickly, but the amount of travelling between dragons is cut down by over 45 seconds. That way, every single person is in the right place when each dragon is defeated, meaning every person involved has the maximum loot chance from the run.
  • theassistmantheassistman Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    OK so what i wanna know is then after you kill all the dragons which you usually do with about 4 mins remaining the thing just says not ranked yet then after the timer runs out nothing happens??? no loot, no reward nobody knows what to do! so what is the point of killing the 5 dragons if you get nothing and nothing happens at the end? something must happen as it says not ranked yet and then never changes no matter where you start or finish and how fast you do it. so what is the point of even killing the 5 dragons?
    Check me out on YouTube youtube.com/user/TheRealAssistMan or by googling or searing The Assist Man on YouTube.
    youtube.com/user/TheRealAssistMan
  • jasjohjasjoh Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    I'm guessing the rankings are either not implemented or broken. Not sure if there is an overall event reward either (as I've never seen on yet). Regardless, each dragon you kill is one more chance at an artifact, thus it's still worth it to kill all 5 before they de-spawn.
    Frontier Psychiatrist - 14.5k Cleric
    Badbear - 13.5k Great Useless Fighter (benched until Mod 6)
    Chopper Dave - 12k Wizard
    Peg Leg o' Lass - Ranger (in progress)
    Lord Ignignot - Rogue (in progress)
  • theassistmantheassistman Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    jasjoh wrote: »
    I'm guessing the rankings are either not implemented or broken. Not sure if there is an overall event reward either (as I've never seen on yet). Regardless, each dragon you kill is one more chance at an artifact, thus it's still worth it to kill all 5 before they de-spawn.

yeah i think something is broke. but as far as the artifact chance is that something that is confirmed? me and guild mates killed enough drags yesterday that we had a combined over 700 encounter rewards and no one got a single artifact anything. a few epics yes but no artifact anything.
    Check me out on YouTube youtube.com/user/TheRealAssistMan or by googling or searing The Assist Man on YouTube.
    youtube.com/user/TheRealAssistMan
  • bmeanbmean Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    I've gotten a belt. The portal is for when tiamat event starts in 9 days.
  • goetzymamagoetzymama Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    That is great! Thank you much for sharing. Me and my two buddies were just running around last night. We'd played with our chat filters so weren't really seeing much and we are all new NW players. A dragon ended up spawning right next to us, then a swarm of people ran up, we killed the dragon and then we decided to be lemmings and see where everyone was going... it was quite fun actually!
    Yes, I'm female. No, you can't see my HAMSTER.

Level 60 Great Weapon Fighter - Caimeta
    Level 60 Guardian Fighter - Princess Clappy
    Level 60 Control Wizard - Rashenbo
    Next up... Butcher of Lock Love
    I would love to change the world, but they won’t give me the source code