test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Amusing Tanking Moments that left you going really?

championshewolfchampionshewolf Member Posts: 601 Arc User
Can't say I run across many lately, but this morning I had a gem while tanking Syndrith in Throne of the Spider. Needless to say, I've done this and succeeded enough at this one that I've nearly been able to buy my chest piece, but this morning was kind of hilarious for me.

The red laser, I am sure, every tank is familiar with in her second form. Usually the optimal thing to do is the tank is suppose to stand between the target and the origin to intercept the laser, similar to how it works with Lostmauth. So I normally try to do that on a regular basis. This morning was funny because not only did I get accused of not trying to do that, but I was also accused of trying to actively avoid it because I was trying to chase down a Wizard who kept constantly teleporting all over the screen making getting in the direct path nearly impossible, and of course after that I was being blamed and accused of not trying to block the laser.

Needless to say all I could say was;

15912867396_31d4d7a95a_o.png

So anyone else have something just as amusing or more so?

Comments

• burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    just ran eToS on my pally, quite smooth run and got 2nd place in dps(1st place was gwf who did at least 3x more) so the party wasnt overgeared. after the run i noticed i left my PNegation and radiant in my pvp gear so did the run without any armor enchant :D was wondering why some stuff hurts me more than it should

im 2.5k ilvl justice :)
    Paladin Master Race
  • predoborgpredoborg Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Few weeks ago I ran eToS with my tank OP. We had a GF in the party. On the first boss I used Divine Protector and the GF used Knight's Valor. Somehow the damage I took was multiplied from the both dailies and my Binding Oath exploded for 10 million (10 000 000) damage killling me and the boss. It was hilarious.
  • championshewolfchampionshewolf Member Posts: 601 Arc User
    predoborg wrote: »
    Few weeks ago I ran eToS with my tank OP. We had a GF in the party. On the first boss I used Divine Protector and the GF used Knight's Valor. Somehow the damage I took was multiplied from the both dailies and my Binding Oath exploded for 10 million (10 000 000) damage killling me and the boss. It was hilarious.

Hehe yea, I've found that out the hard way. I had to stop using divine protector because evidently the GF using Knight's Valor will multiply all the damage I am absorbing from them and my health would plummet like a rock.
  • mattv980mattv980 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Minimized the game for more than 5min and I come back to see a mob (all 3 levels higher than me) of 4 beating at me which I still managed to overcome.
    ...but today is not that day!