test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Double EXP event ruined my character AGAIN

mriradmrirad Member Posts: 23 Arc User
edited June 2015 in Peer to Peer Tech Forum
I have a level 54 paladin and I still have quests in Icespire Peak. I advanced very fast because of the event and now I can't continue my quests there. I worked very hard at this character and I don't wanna lose it. It's the second character I lose because of this freaking event. Please do something! I won't delete the character now, I'll wait for your reply.

Comments

• Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    What is stopping you from completing your quests there?
  • Options
    I am collecting achivements so this would only be a blank space for me. I did all skirmish and got the `slayer` title from anywhere I went. After closing most of dungeons this is the biggest <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> ever made by the team. If you wanna make this event then make:
    a) A place to donate exp (like guild);
    b) A place to stock exp;
    c) No max lv for quests, it's enough to have it at skirmishes.
  • Options
    draknalordraknalor Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    I don't really see the problem here.. People Enjoy leveling Fast because they wanna get to the end game.. What is it that is bothering you?

Nothing Will stop working just because you level up all quests will still be there and there is nothing that changes..

So i don't really see where this "now I can't continue my quests there" is coming from.. When i was leveling my Weapon fighter i went back to The Chasm as 54 and when that's a lvl 50 zone, went just Fine to pick up and do quests down there
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited June 2015
    mrirad wrote: »
    I am collecting achivements so this would only be a blank space for me. I did all skirmish and got the `slayer` title from anywhere I went. After closing most of dungeons this is the biggest <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> ever made by the team. If you wanna make this event then make:
    b) A place to stock exp;

There is no max level for quests. What is happening is that when you out-level a quest, the quest giver exclamation mark does not display. All you need to do is talk to that NPC anyway to get the quests.

I have literally stopped leveling characters at level 11 and then let them level by leadership and invocation all the way to level cap. I have then taken said characters through the entire storyline of the game, so even if you skip every storyline quest, you can still go back and do them.

The only things you can out level and be locked out of are the area Skirmishes. However, most skirmishes appear through out the year as a Call to Arms, allowing players to complete those achievements if they missed them.

So, with all this in mind, the only one preventing you from doing your storyline quests is yourself but now you know that just because they don't have an exclamation mark above them, doesn't mean you cannot still get their quests.

What this all really boils down to is that they need to implement a toggle to show lower-level quest givers, which is something they have said is on the table but there's been no ETA on such being implemented. If you need help locating quest givers for a Zone, check out the official Wiki entries on Adventure Zones.
  • Options
    draknalor wrote: »
    I don't really see the problem here.. People Enjoy leveling Fast because they wanna get to the end game.. What is it that is bothering you?

Nothing Will stop working just because you level up all quests will still be there and there is nothing that changes..

So i don't really see where this "now I can't continue my quests there" is coming from.. When i was leveling my Weapon fighter i went back to The Chasm as 54 and when that's a lvl 50 zone, went just Fine to pick up and do quests down there

I can't pick the quests! I go to the NPC and he has no quest for me. I am still at the first adventurer and I've just compelted "Winterkill Orders", the first quest from that zone.
  • Options
    zebular wrote: »
    b) A place to stock exp;

There is no max level for quests. What is happening is that when you out-level a quest, the quest giver exclamation mark does not display. All you need to do is talk to that NPC anyway to get the quests.

I have literally stopped leveling characters at level 11 and then let them level by leadership and invocation all the way to level cap. I have then taken said characters through the entire storyline of the game, so even if you skip every storyline quest, you can still go back and do them.

The only things you can out level and be locked out of are the area Skirmishes. However, most skirmishes appear through out the year as a Call to Arms, allowing players to complete those achievements if they missed them.

So, with all this in mind, the only one preventing you from doing your storyline quests is yourself but now you know that just because they don't have an exclamation mark above them, doesn't mean you cannot still get their quests.

What this all really boils down to is that they need to implement a toggle to show lower-level quest givers, which is something they have said is on the table but there's been no ETA on such being implemented. If you need help locating quest givers for a Zone, check out the official Wiki entries on Adventure Zones.

On my paladin worked, and I wanna thank you for your advice, but I still have a lv 58 rogue that is standing at Florin Icehammer after he had killed "Himnir's hands". This is my first character who blocked on the Peak. To make sure that there isn't an NPC with a quest for him I alresady searched the entire zone. I think I have to delete it. Anyway thank you again, both of you, and I wanna wish you all the best.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    zebular wrote: »
    b) A place to stock exp;

On my paladin worked, and I wanna thank you for your advice, but I still have a lv 58 rogue that is standing at Florin Icehammer after he had killed "Himnir's hands". This is my first character who blocked on the Peak. To make sure that there isn't an NPC with a quest for him I alresady searched the entire zone. I think I have to delete it. Anyway thank you again, both of you, and I wanna wish you all the best.
    draknalor wrote: »

I can't pick the quests! I go to the NPC and he has no quest for me. I am still at the first adventurer and I've just compelted "Winterkill Orders", the first quest from that zone.
    Your character that just completed Winterkill Orders now needs to go get Prisoners of War (lvl 48 quest) from Vaile Birchsmith, which ends back at Vaile Birchsmith again.

Your level 58 rouge appears to need to now go talk to Orreft Mountwatch to get the Words of Stone quest (lvl 48 quest), which ends once again at Florin Icehammer.

The "Adventure Zone" link I gave wasn't the link I meant to show you. I meant to post this: http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/List_of_quests - Since you say you're in Icespire, take a look here and see what you need to then do next: http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/List_of_quests#Icespire_Peak. There is absolutely no reason you should have to delete the character. One should never think that the deletion of a character is the only course of action for any game bug, and especially not when they are unable to find the next quest to do. This isn't like a single player game where you're screwed if you take the wrong door or miss something.

If ever there was something that caused you to not be able to get anymore quests, one should file a Support Ticket. However, this is not the case as far as I can tell. It looks to me like you're just having trouble finding the right NPCs to pick the quests up from since you're 10 levels or more over them. Rightfully so, as not being able to easily find lower level quests is a huge QoL issue that I personally think needs looking into. Never-the-less, the links in this post should help with that.

Please do not hesitate to keep replying here to ask for further help and guidance to find the right quest.

• Options
    b100d31fb100d31f Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    So...why is it that the exclamation points disappear over npcs heads when you out lvl the quest? If going back and finishing up quests is encouraged/supported why remove them at all.

I know it's been like this from the get go, but I just don't understand the design decision.... Alot of games are like that. It's pretty lame if you ask me. Just like needing to be by a mail box for receive mail. I can check mail anywhere why the heck can't I use the mail from anywhere? Funnel upteen million ppl near mailboxes moar!
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    b100d31f wrote: »
    So...why is it that the exclamation points disappear over npcs heads when you out lvl the quest? If going back and finishing up quests is encouraged/supported why remove them at all.

I know it's been like this from the get go, but I just don't understand the design decision.... Alot of games are like that. It's pretty lame if you ask me. Just like needing to be by a mail box for receive mail. I can check mail anywhere why the heck can't I use the mail from anywhere? Funnel upteen million ppl near mailboxes moar!
    I would assume that because in the beginning it really didn't matter. One would rarely be more than a few levels above their quests and if they were, they were so few players in numbers that player knowledge and the wiki quelled there from being enough requests to make it something of priority. I remember my first three characters struggling to even see new quests because I was below the level requiremets for each zone. Many had to go out and find XP elsewhere to even continue questing.

Now though, with a much larger population base across three regions and two platforms, more ways to get XP, as well as double XP events and more XP boosting items in the game, more and more users are running into this nuisance. I am sure we'll see love given to lower-level quests eventually.

• Options
    b100d31fb100d31f Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    Yup, it would be a very nice thing. I'm sure it ranks pretty low on priority... Here's hoping some day! =)