test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Closed

elvalianonelvalianon Member Posts: 331 Arc User
edited October 2015 in Player Feedback (PC)
Old thread I closed and like to see deleted
Post edited by elvalianon on

Comments

• kur667kur667 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 30 Arc User
    Hezrou - long time member of the guild

I've been a member almost since the beginning of the guild and I must say I really enjoy my time there, there's almost always someone online who's up for some pve or pvp or willing to help lvling an alt.

What I really like is the foundry races / searches and other events which are always a fun thing to do and enjoy :)
  • lordpalfreylordpalfrey Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Sounds like a great giuld to join! I will be cpontacting somone imediately and hopefully joining soon! Thanks for the ionfo on your page and i love the PvE especially and would like some foundry help time to time.
  • elvalianonelvalianon Member Posts: 331 Arc User
    Sounds like a great giuld to join! I will be cpontacting somone imediately and hopefully joining soon! Thanks for the ionfo on your page and i love the PvE especially and would like some foundry help time to time.

Hey Lordpalfrey! Awesome :) I will be online tomorrow (in about 10 hours) for a couple of hours so we can have a chat. If you cannot reach me in time, Mordecai should be there for a while as well after I am gone. Else you can always mail me, unless you are comfortable enough to share your name@handle here, then I'll sent you a mail in game myself.

• lordpalfreylordpalfrey Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Hi Elva
    I'm going to mail you now, if you don't get anything from me, then please contact me?! Sometimes this mail system doesn't work too well, for me at least..Im mailing you in game now :)
  • bubblegum2503830bubblegum2503830 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Hey, new player to Neverwinter here, interested to join.
    Can you clarify for me #1 and #2 in the bottom of the OP , plz?

I'd like to know a few things.
    For example if the item is an upgrade for me and the others would just sell it can i "need" on it?
    And what are the 'exploits' we are not allowed to use. I run all the time when fighting mobs, i don't see that as exploiting to be honest =\
    edited June 2015
    Hey, new player to Neverwinter here, interested to join.
    Can you clarify for me #1 and #2 in the bottom of the OP , plz?

I'd like to know a few things.
    For example if the item is an upgrade for me and the others would just sell it can i "need" on it?
    And what are the 'exploits' we are not allowed to use. I run all the time when fighting mobs, i don't see that as exploiting to be honest =\

Hey Bubblegum, thank you for your interest ;)

Full greed explained
    Since M6 nearly all loot is character bound and only drops for you or from chests, we can only roll for green trash gear and enchantments now. We used the full greed method pre M6 and stick to it because it's easy and creates a sense of bonding :) If gear would ever drop for the entire party again the one that needs it can obviously need the item, like we used to do pre M6.

Exploit difinition
    What is glitching? - "Glitching is an activity in which a person finds and exploits flaws or glitches in video games to achieve something that was not intended by the game designers.
    Video game glitches that go "out of bounds" are mostly performed by either moving through walls or corners or jumping to places in the map that do not have invisible walls."
    Read more...

Examples of exploits in Neverwinter
    Out of bounds - Getting outside the map (play area) by either climbing, passing through walls or objects, walking around or any other unnatural way.

Skipping parts - Running through enemies/parts of the map and dying at the next campfire or dying at certain spots to skip parts of the map.

False terrain advantage - Climbing up or under objects, terrain or walls you are not supposed to be to safely kill enemies. Closely related to "out of bounds".

False stat, feat or ability advantage - Making use of flaws in the stats, feat or ability system by game designers that makes it possible to do insane amounts of damage or one shot enemies.

I hope I have informed you properly :)
  • bubblegum2503830bubblegum2503830 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Oh ok, thanks for the info.
    I'm online now, devout cleric, lvl 36 Oracle spec, with the name Nadia Kassel. I'd like to join.

I could use help with tips & tricks about this game as well as with getting to know the community and maybe partake into role play if you guys are into such endeavor :)
    I'm hoping for a stable, helping guild to have fun, talk ( preferably vocally ) with, do dungeons with and RP ( i am noob to RP but i'm a quick learner ).

I'm 32 IRL, male, time zone GMT +3
    Post edited by bubblegum2503830 on
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    Congratulations on your Guild Spotlight! :D
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
    kreatyve wrote: »
    Congratulations on your Guild Spotlight! :D

Thank you! :D
  • dacariandacarian Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I'm a casual++ player. I've played many MMOs over the last 20 years. I started playing Neverwinter two weeks ago and am enjoying it. I've decided it's sticking enough for me to look for a guild. I'm level 62 right now. I do PvE and PvP in most games (though I confess that I haven't even touched PvP here, to many little side things to do). I'm excited about the idea of Strongholds and helping the guild capture, rank up, and keep one. I'm looking for a guild where I can find people to run quests with and to learn from .... and eventually when I know the game, helping the new people too.

How easy is it to get a group of guildmates together to run 'things' in your guild?
    What are the level ranges of people? Are you all level 70 and not interested in new people until than?

Thanks!
    edited July 2015
    dacarian wrote: »
    I'm a casual++ player. I've played many MMOs over the last 20 years. I started playing Neverwinter two weeks ago and am enjoying it. I've decided it's sticking enough for me to look for a guild. I'm level 62 right now. I do PvE and PvP in most games (though I confess that I haven't even touched PvP here, to many little side things to do). I'm excited about the idea of Strongholds and helping the guild capture, rank up, and keep one. I'm looking for a guild where I can find people to run quests with and to learn from .... and eventually when I know the game, helping the new people too.

How easy is it to get a group of guildmates together to run 'things' in your guild?
    What are the level ranges of people? Are you all level 70 and not interested in new people until than?

Thanks!

Hello Dacarian

Creating a group depends on the day :) Sometimes people just come online to invoke or quest a bit, sometimes they got loads of time to do stuff together. I always manage to take people to dungeons, even when there are not enough people willing to do one. I have friends and access to a channel with a similar mind set that can fill the holes when needed. Besides that most people are willing to help each other out for questing, skirmishes and small things like that.

About 50% of our guild is 70 and the other 50% is 10% below 60. We accept anyone, still leveling and no experience till BiS experts. As long they all follow our rules and fit the profile :)

Fantastic. Do you have plans on pushing for a stronghold when they come out? If so I would like to see if I make a good fit into your guild.
  • lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    Fantastic. Do you have plans on pushing for a stronghold when they come out? If so I would like to see if I make a good fit into your guild.

Some of our senior members are currently alpha testing Strongholds so I would reckon that we would be heavily invested in this when Mod 7 launches.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
    edited July 2015

Yes we do. I am looking to do my research before Stronghold hits, sadly the beta server does not let me in currently. It keeps crashing, I hope to get that fixed soon. Other players are looking into it as well, like Lirithiel said :)

I can sent you a invite, what is your name@handle?
    Hmmm, evidently I can't find how to apply to your guild. My ingame name is 'Dac'. If you can tell me how to apply, I would appreciate it!
    edited July 2015
    Hmmm, evidently I can't find how to apply to your guild. My ingame name is 'Dac'. If you can tell me how to apply, I would appreciate it!

All I need is your name@handle, so I can sent a invite to you to join our guild. I assume dacarian is your handle, so I give that a try. Correct me if I am wrong.

Update, did not work xD I need your full name@handle (like elva@elvalianon)

Elva

Thought I sent a PM to you, but maybe not. Here is my character name: Dac@ShadowDerelict ... would love to join up with you guys and do some questing this weekend to make sure I'm a fit and everything.
  • ipsnemipsnem Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Hi I'm a casual player been playing mmo since 94 where I started playing Lineage 2, and WoW, GuildWars, LOTRO, an many others. LF a good casual guild to join an have fun in. PVE or PVP all works an all fun. still trying to figure out some stuff on NW but like it so far an have been having a blast playing. an I would like to join up if all possible

But as for the name@handle I'm not sure what that means all I can see is ipsnem
  • max58201max58201 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    whens the best time to contact a member? currently on now Max58201@Max58201 this guild sounds perfect

and ipsnem right click your character portrait in game and it will pop up
  • ipsnemipsnem Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Thanx for the tip ill check that out when servers are back up. im more used to using /whisper ipsnem or "ipsnem to talk to someone in game or just typeing their name to send them a msg through mail
    max58201 wrote: »
    whens the best time to contact a member? currently on now Max58201@Max58201 this guild sounds perfect

and ipsnem right click your character portrait in game and it will pop up

ipsnem wrote: »
    Thanx for the tip ill check that out when servers are back up. im more used to using /whisper ipsnem or "ipsnem to talk to someone in game or just typeing their name to send them a msg through mail
    Thought I sent a PM to you, but maybe not. Here is my character name: Dac@ShadowDerelict ... would love to join up with you guys and do some questing this weekend to make sure I'm a fit and everything.

Hey guys! Sorry for the late reply I was on holiday and I don't always check this topic :) It's always best to mail me in game.

Anyhow, thanks for the submissions. I think Max and Ipsnem already made it in our guild ^^ Dac I will contact you in game.
    edited October 2015
    ---
    edited October 2015
    ---