test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lesser Marks of Power the new 'Mark of Potency Scam'

vdeekvvdeekv Member Posts: 77 Arc User
For anyone who hasn't noticed already, it would appear lesser Marks of Power are now victim to the 'max 400 results in auction house' mechanic/exploit.

Granted, LMoPower are in demand, as you need one to upgrade artifact equipment from green to blue... But 15000ad auction start price, no buyout? The other lesser marks go for less than 1500ad and there are buyouts for under that price.

This post is pretty much for informational purposes and is all IMO, don't really see that anything can/will be done to change this till the Tiamat patch bringing new auction house search functionality.

My opinion, as a player since day one, is that 15000ad is way too much for LMoPower and would strongly suggest not to buy them at this price.

They're not that uncommon a drop from skill nodes/t2 dungeon chests etc. but if you're really struggling to get what you need, try buying them for gold via trade chat etc. or hold out another week (fingers crossed) for the auction house fix which should drop with Tiamat.

Comments

• trystanwolftrystanwolf Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    I've noticed this a few weeks ago. It only 1 person using multiple characters. There was another person for a bit but they didnt do too many and didn't do it for long. Hopefully the upcoming changes to the auction house filter will help but I'm not sure what exactly is changing. It would be nice not to limit the items to just 400 or start at lowest buyout. If not, maybe they can limit the number of sales per account rather than per character so someone with 10 characters can't post 400 items like that.
  • wanderingkyngwanderingkyng Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    This is one of the things they are going to fix next week so I'd hold of on complaining until you see what changes they make to the TTH UI. Those fools trying to fix the market might find themselves loosing profit.
  • herrontsureherrontsure Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    I noticed this too when I went to buy one the other day. Every single page had a starting bid of 15000, but I got lucky and the very last one on the very last page had a buyout of 3000, which may still be high, but I took it. The one that took its place had a buyout of 3333. So, it seems like they are trying to exploit this 400 limit, as the ones just above 400 are somewhat reasonable.

I don't think the patch will fix it, as I remember a dev saying, during the live stream I think, that the 400 limit was on the server side and they are working on it, but the upcoming patch would just add sorting of that 400 on the client side. So you will still get the same 400, but you will be able to sort it. I guess we will see, soon... :)
  • strictlyevilstrictlyevil Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    The patch will fix the issue. It will not provide more than 400 slots per item but it will allow you to sort it by buyout or bid. This means that you can just skip all of the bid items and see only 400 of the buyout items. The only reason people are able to manipulate the items are because they can add 400 bid items preventing you from accessing the buyout items. The sort option will allow you to only see these buyout options which means that if anyone tries to manipulate the market by posting 400 bids they're just <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> their selves out of money.
    Ancient 18.8k CW | Ancient Heals 18k DC | Ancient Tank 22.2k GF | GT: XGC Army
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User
    I don't think the patch will fix it, as I remember a dev saying, during the live stream I think, that the 400 limit was on the server side and they are working on it, but the upcoming patch would just add sorting of that 400 on the client side. So you will still get the same 400, but you will be able to sort it. I guess we will see, soon... :)

If it works like PC, you will still only get 400 results. But, those results will conform to your search parameters. So, if you list by lowest buyout, you get the 400 lowest buyouts. It's per unit so a stack of 10 for 10ad will appear before a single with a 9 ad buyout or stack of 8 with a 10 ad buyout. If there are not 400 with buyouts, the lowest starting bids make up the difference. Hopefully, it will work like this. My favorite sort on PC was time remaining. Looking for good deals getting ready to expire.

• wanderingkyngwanderingkyng Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    The patch will fix the issue. It will not provide more than 400 slots per item but it will allow you to sort it by buyout or bid. This means that you can just skip all of the bid items and see only 400 of the buyout items. The only reason people are able to manipulate the items are because they can add 400 bid items preventing you from accessing the buyout items. The sort option will allow you to only see these buyout options which means that if anyone tries to manipulate the market by posting 400 bids they're just <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> their selves out of money.

This..........