test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So Ghost Stories

I'm a new player that recently hit 60 and started the ToD campaign.

I think I have "decent" gear for a new player. All level 58-60 blues with rank 5 enchants and the green dps companion from the anniversary event.

I play a Prot OP and pretty well know how to play the class. But when I tried to solo Ghost Stories, I got past 1-2 mob packs before getting wrecked.

So is it possible for a new 60 to solo Ghost Stories or do I need a group?

Comments

• sixpax2sixpax2 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    It's not meant to be solo content, especially at level 60 (even with level boosting). There should be plenty of people asking in chat to do Ghost Stories. Just team up with them and it will be much easier.
    "While it is possible to tank as a Justice or Light paladin, it is substantially harder, especially on longer fights where Holy Barrier and your other defensive feats get chances to kick in and contribute quite a bit of defensive power." - System Designer Gentlemancrush
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,376 Arc User
    grimbooka wrote: »
    I'm a new player that recently hit 60 and started the ToD campaign.

I think I have "decent" gear for a new player. All level 58-60 blues with rank 5 enchants and the green dps companion from the anniversary event.

I play a Prot OP and pretty well know how to play the class. But when I tried to solo Ghost Stories, I got past 1-2 mob packs before getting wrecked.

So is it possible for a new 60 to solo Ghost Stories or do I need a group?

For the first few tries, I would say it was hard even when it was mod 5. Eventually, you can upgrade your gear. Add more better enchantments, get more experience (as figuring out some strategy to deal with each mob) and it can be better. For now, you probably should do that in a group.

Yes, the green archer is the worst (for me). My "beginner" strategy was "kill the green archer with all cost first". :) It may not work for you or your class though.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • shinshoryuukenshinshoryuuken Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    I solo'ed it in a level 66 Paladin. Worst experience ever. My second run I had a friend with me. Still hard but considerably better.
  • grimbookagrimbooka Member Posts: 11
    Ok thanks, that's what I figured when I couldn't handle kiting two "spin to win" guys in a pack.
  • grimbookagrimbooka Member Posts: 11
    magenubbie wrote: »
    Don't play content above your level. Seriously. Especially with your gear. It just ain't gonna cut it. Start with the EE "campaign", work your way to 70, get some new gear and enchantments and perhaps an augment pet, then come back for things like Ghost Stories. But if you can get a low level party that manages to complete it, by all means go for it.

Yeah, I'm doing the EE stuff now but this game is really horrible in guiding a new player. When I hit 60 it said talk to Sgt Knox who told me to talk to all these other people to open up other areas. Ghost Stories is in Neverdeath or whatever which wasn't a red area so I figured I could do that.
  • skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    you see those full heal runes you can buy in the zen store? that is why they created instances like ghost stories. A normal mmo costs about 12 bucks a month to play, and I am pretty sure that is around where they are shooting at getting you to pay to be able to do the content. I had some left over from that "cat tastrophy" give away and it makes the content much easier.

Pay or suffer, or leave.
  • putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    Na, just get in a group. Or watch zone/lfg chat for people going in. I typically post "GS, entering now, pm for invite". That means I'm going in solo, but if you want to tag along let me know. In this case I will invite once I'm in so you can enter through the door without transferring to another instance (and me waiting for people to transfer).

btw you only have to be in the zone when the boss gets killed to get credit for it. You don't even have to hit it. So keep and eye on the zone/lfg chats for groups or people who will solo it but are willing to allow tag alongs.
  • drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    GS is a 70 quest... that is given to players at 60.
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    sixpax2 wrote: »
    It's not meant to be solo content
    Wrong. It's part of a campaign. All campaign content is intended to be completed by a solo player with a companion.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    drkbodhi wrote: »
    GS is a 70 quest... that is given to players at 60.
    Yup. Although as a Protection OP I was able to solo it at ~L65 or so. Wouldn't like to try that with any other class though.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • neuroticnekoneuroticneko Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    My GWF yeah can solo GS however my HR not a chance in hades so I'm asking in zone when it comes up for me like with few other common causes when on my HR.

Edit: okaayyy since when was word I use swearing?! :(:o
    Jadis 25K Level 80 Warlock; Cassandra.. Wizard; work in progress.
  • drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    I can solo it on my TR... it takes me 30 minutes or so... but I can solo it.
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance