test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Total item level +1600 Available Dungeons & skirmishes

solbergxsolbergx Member Posts: 654 Arc User
edited June 2015 in PvE Discussion
Hi i just met the requirement of total item level 1600, i tried loustmauth but i died by 1 hit
So wich dungeon can i do:
Epic lair of Loustmauth
Malagobs castle
Validras tower

Skirmishes?
Kessels Retreat
The Shores of Tuern Epic

class: CW spellstorm renegade
I got 2700 defense
power 6.466
critical 2.566
armor penetration 2000
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• thewolfisloosethewolfisloose Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Going from 100% to 0% one shot is normal in 1600 ilvl content. Your team should be using buffs and CC to decrease the number of one hit KO's. Just keep building up your gear and enchants and run those 3 dungeons when you can. Increasing your HP is important. Loads of people are kissing the dirt so don't worry ;)
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    1600 is still super low for some of this stuff.. mostly due to how they moved the stats around.

hp stat is the most useful defensive stat.
    arp is the most useful offensive stat (up to 40%)
    once you garner 40% , then power.

That is for like EVERY toon. there is not much variance this mod. Deflect is ok, but you cant have 100% deflect and trying to eek out 5% more deflect on a toon with no class features, bonuses for it, isnt worth it. Best not to get hit at all and stack more hp.

If you join legit you can skip the gear score issue, but please realize, having 1600, isnt going to help out in some places. Esot is still harder then most of the other t1s at the final phase as the boss can 1 hit all toons and you need a good tank/healer or at least 5 really good dps to overcome it.

Kessells is your best bet(the hardest issues are the riders in kessels as they can 1 shot at range, the rest of it is easy), but frankly a good group in elol can carry you as well, elol to me is the easiest t1 there is, val is next and mal is still a lag fest, so I avoid it.

Do you have all of your sharandar and dread ring boons? If not that is the most important thing to work on daily.
  • aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Just dodge a lot. You'll be fine.
  • instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    1600 ilvl is a joke. I was in VT last night (1900 ilvl DC, buffing/debuffing/healing) with two 1700 ilvls, an 1800 ilvl and a 2500 ilvl tank. We made it to Shatterspine before Death by Lag put an end to the fun, but the entire way there was a MASSIVE struggle.

I could see being able to finish it with all 2k+ ilvl and minimal lag.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    If you get killed in one hit then don't get hit, this is how it works. Any dragon will kill you in one hit using his tail. So many people seem to ignore that... For some reason pug CWs also love facetanking everything in this game. Of course they die, and then complain. Morality: don't let any npc get close to you if you're a ranged player.
  • onegaki101onegaki101 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Ilevel, just like GS, means nothing. It all depends on how you stack your stats. As a CW, you should use tab shield if you are having problems with survivability. Once you get the new gear, you will have a much larger HP pool which will help you survive at least one or two shots. You should always dodge as many red as you can as major hits will kill you even with a larger HP pool. Your crit and armor pen is very low which you should increase first before worrying about power. You should also get some life steal.
  • kitkathdkitkathd Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Malabog's castle does not function its in the queue because theres a reference to it in a campaign that is all. It has 0 completiion rate on the shard and will stay that way till the devs figure out where in the spaghetti code they put the proper netcode for boss fights within it and fix it. Shores is also riddled with the same netcode during bosses being broken. You will get votekicked alot for having ****ty scores most the votekick idiots look at the power of dps classes or if they are wearing pvp gear as pvp gear has empty stat padding on it. Avoid those two situations and you will not get voted out.
  • urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I wish they would do what they did with the dragon queen...

Place a higher standard so you would have a chance to actually win with a queued party

Still have never won one
  • icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Dont worry, I have 3 times your ilvl but I still go down in a hit :)
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • josephdjosephd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I am at 2500 Item Level and still frequently get one shotted, the damage in the T1/T2 should be drastically be reduced and frequency of special attacks.
  • araneaxaraneax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 639 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    urlord283 wrote: »

Place a higher standard so you would have a chance to actually win with a queued party

Still have never won one

eh...no. Enough " high standards " is placed already.
    If we continue like this no one will be able to do anything, pretty soon.
    On a side note, tia higher standards was logical.
    i think enough content is + 1600 and plus 2k .
    Get a guild. That might help.
    d7d81448-df6b-48cf-94a0-cf1ba87d861a_zpsish6zr2v.jpg

• mirrorballsmirrorballs Member Posts: 877 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2015
    1600 ilvl is a joke. I was in VT last night (1900 ilvl DC, buffing/debuffing/healing) with two 1700 ilvls, an 1800 ilvl and a 2500 ilvl tank. We made it to Shatterspine before Death by Lag put an end to the fun, but the entire way there was a MASSIVE struggle.

I could see being able to finish it with all 2k+ ilvl and minimal lag.

Sounds epic... as in "Epic Dungeon."

Seems spot on to me.
    edited June 2015
    araneax wrote: »

1,600 is around lv65 blues, rank5 enchants, blue-refined gear from previous-mods and maybe two or three greenies here and there. Better than casual players, but frankly not very epic at all. The max BiS crowd easily goes over 4k IL, usually up to 4.5~4.8k.

IMO at the very least you should be aiming at 2.0~2.5k IL if you want to be in "epic" dungeons.
  • araneaxaraneax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 639 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    1,600 is around lv65 blues, rank5 enchants, blue-refined gear from previous-mods and maybe two or three greenies here and there. Better than casual players, but frankly not very epic at all. The max BiS crowd easily goes over 4k IL, usually up to 4.5~4.8k.

IMO at the very least you should be aiming at 2.0~2.5k IL if you want to be in "epic" dungeons.

Well... lets see...
    3 purple artifacts + greater imperial c. and greater imperial belt on blue.
    Main elemental artifact weapon purple, off hand artifact weapon blue.
    Helm and armor t1 and gauntlets and boots t2. With rank8 ench : 2620 gs

But ! You get ot 70 : buy blue gear on ah , enough to go elol, you get your t1 and you ll be up there on 1800/2000 k in no time.
    d7d81448-df6b-48cf-94a0-cf1ba87d861a_zpsish6zr2v.jpg

• azlandrazlandr Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    josephd wrote: »
    I am at 2500 Item Level and still frequently get one shotted, the damage in the T1/T2 should be drastically be reduced and frequency of special attacks.

The problem isn't special attacks coming from trash mobs, it is their NORMAL ones. They can hit for up to 150k and those attacks arent telegraphed with red circles, you just don't see it coming and you die.
    115472_zpseintxu7i.jpg
  • pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    iLvL helps but is not what matters the most in current epics.
    Team must work together and pretty much what groups have to do is this:

DC/OP--->provide protection at the start of the fight, in the form of immunities to damage or huge mitigation like, for example, empowered astral shield for DC, and heal if someone's HPs drop. And buff/ debuff.
    CW/HR/TR---> deploy CC zones, stun, daze and control at the start of the fight
    GWF/ other DPS--->clear mobs before CC and protections are down to minimize the risk.

The longer the enemies are up, the harder it gets and the higher are the chances for someone to get randomly oneshotted.

So basically, for example, you ideally get to a mob group--->EAS or other immunity protection+ icy terrain/ smoke bomb/roots deployed, DPS mobs down while you are immune/ they are CCed and pretty much that's it.

DCs/OPs must know what they are doing, same CC toons and DPS toons, and the group must coordinate a bit.

You do this, you are fine. You don't, you can go with 5k iLvL and still die cause no amount of items saves you from epic dungeon mobs now.
    It's all about do not let them attack, or be immune when they do, and just have enough HP to do not get 1-shotted by weaker hits (oneshot hits will oneshot you at 90-100k HP no matter, but going up above 80k HP helps you to do not die from "normal" damage). And that's all.
  • helpimblindinrlhelpimblindinrl Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    It would be really nice to have a more even spread of content. Stuff above the current t2 level with real rewards and stuff below the current t1 for the undergeared and totally clueless. Maybe when the other dungeons finally return cloaktower will be like that again. Or it will be totally roided up and spellplague will be the joke dungeon.

I guess what you could do in t1 is go very defensive. I got into an lfg group last night that was 2 cw 1 gf 1 op 1 dc. We cleared etos handily enough, the composition was the defensive classes idea because they were 3 guildies and its what they like to do though I would have preferred another dps to 2 tanks but it was fine. Its probably easier to run a comp like that in t1 because the mobs and bosses don't really heal themselves as far as I can recall. Maybe some of the lol mobs drink a pot.
    edited June 2015
    pando83 wrote: »
    iLvL helps but is not what matters the most in current epics.
    Team must work together and pretty much what groups have to do is this:

DC/OP--->provide protection at the start of the fight, in the form of immunities to damage or huge mitigation like, for example, empowered astral shield for DC, and heal if someone's HPs drop. And buff/ debuff.
    CW/HR/TR---> deploy CC zones, stun, daze and control at the start of the fight
    GWF/ other DPS--->clear mobs before CC and protections are down to minimize the risk.

The longer the enemies are up, the harder it gets and the higher are the chances for someone to get randomly oneshotted.

So basically, for example, you ideally get to a mob group--->EAS or other immunity protection+ icy terrain/ smoke bomb/roots deployed, DPS mobs down while you are immune/ they are CCed and pretty much that's it.

DCs/OPs must know what they are doing, same CC toons and DPS toons, and the group must coordinate a bit.

You do this, you are fine. You don't, you can go with 5k iLvL and still die cause no amount of items saves you from epic dungeon mobs now.
    It's all about do not let them attack, or be immune when they do, and just have enough HP to do not get 1-shotted by weaker hits (oneshot hits will oneshot you at 90-100k HP no matter, but going up above 80k HP helps you to do not die from "normal" damage). And that's all.

...which, IMO, again, is befitting of 'epic' dungeons. The sequences as described above by pando are actually what happens all the time with players in other MMOGs when they form parties to do 'epic' or 'heroic' content.

Mobs can actually kill you if your team isn't prepared? When you draw aggro at the wrong timing? You don't have proper support classes? Your main "trinity" is weak? Like... are we supposed to be surprised by this? :rolleyes:

I still remember the days of old-school MMOGs like WoW. Even PuG level parties and its members had a clear idea on the concept of cooperation and coordination, which mobs to CC first, which to keep smacking on the head to keep dazed. how to lure away which to where and then at what timing the DPS guys open up without drawing too much aggro, where the heal priest should be standing. This was like 10 years ago.

I've already mentioned multiple times how disappointed I was with the PvE content of NW in that its so easy, that any 5 players of whatever composition can clear any 'normal' dungeons... and still we would have the majority of players suffering team wipes and quest failures.

Let's face it. The general PvE populace really had it so easy for so long, that they are now only re-learning what players of other games have been doing all along.
  • instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I'm really tired of hearing the same old "...but this is how WoW does it" <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

If I wanted to play WoW, I'd be playing WoW.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • picar66picar66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 118 Arc User
    Yes you can do it with trained people in T1/T2 but all of these oneshot kills are based on a calculation bug.
    If that would be fixed all is fine.

The bug is that the defence stat should be reducing incoming damage, instead the amount of reduce will be added to damage. Thats why every tanky class with higher defence will be oneshottet by trash mobs. so you need acutal CC in every form to complete T2 dungeons.
    If you use ingame combat self channel you will see damage is higher than that the mob is doing.
    The value in brackets (damage outgoing from mob) is lower than damage you get (value with no brackets).
    You notice more of this bug if your defense stat is high.
    And this only happens in all new M6 content maps. Not on any previos content or pvp map.
    This bug is reported several times but no responce from devs so far.
    Hope that this will be fixed soon.
  • sixpax2sixpax2 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    The ilvl for all epic content should be raised by at least 200 points, if not more.
    "While it is possible to tank as a Justice or Light paladin, it is substantially harder, especially on longer fights where Holy Barrier and your other defensive feats get chances to kick in and contribute quite a bit of defensive power." - System Designer Gentlemancrush
  • ghatheghathe Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    I agree that epic dungeons should be challenging. The problem is that new players have no idea how to play their class in dungeon they just go t1 to get 1-shot by some randome trash mobs. They should at least give us normal 70 dungeon s sot that player can learn what to do. I facerolled the content to 70 with my prot OP but when i first tried to tank in elol i kept dying to trash, i didn't know what to do and got kicked for it. As for doing campaign a lot of class have a really hard time doing dailies in shar or Dread ring not even talking about IWD.
  • adriaen666adriaen666 Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    I've done my first eLOL being at 1600, too. Although, I've had 8k of power. Keep your stats up or buy an augment and gear it. :)
  • xaltosxaltos Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Most important thing inside of a dungeon is: Talk talk talk

Don't expect that every team member has done the dungeon already 50 times.
    There are always some people that haven't done it yet or did it in a complete different way and need a hint how to behave.

So watch your team and if somebody is not doing the usual things, talk with him and explain the special cases and how to avoid problems.

Small hints like "kill the archers first", "protect the cleric". "please wait here, we skip the next room", "6-9 means: ... ", etc can protect you from a total party wipe.

I normally do all my dungeon runs with a random party from the Que, and finish my dungeons. :smiley:

• generaldiomedesgeneraldiomedes Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Complain about getting one-shot but don't post your HP?

Look - you could put on all the wrong gear, exceed the minimum iLevel and still get one-shot.

Get some lvl 70 blues off the AH and get some more HP, and please try again. I suggest running Kessel's until you get most of your T1 gear, and then move on to the others after you have over, I dunno, 70K HP.

And finally, learn to dodge.
  • vaelynxvaelynx Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    araneax wrote: »
    urlord283 wrote: »

Still have never won one

Actually, what might help would be an added tier of dungeons and skirmishes with something like 1200+ ilvl required, to carry you over to 2k+ which is what the 1600+ ones are really looking for.
  • angrymanagementangrymanagement Member Posts: 487 Arc User
    ^^actually the MOTH & DL skirmish are good practice.
    The mobs mostly hit like wet noodles, and move slower than mobs in T2s.
    Gives good practice for mobility & setting out your DPS/CC chain and not getting hit.
    It is possible to complete DL without getting hit a single time, and can just about do the same with MOTH.
    Once you can put out a good attack chain while taking minimal/no hits, you will be in a much better position to at least attempt T1s.