test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

So wwwwspamtradewithbaddeals

lorespadelorespade Member Posts: 29 Arc User
Are you removing these gold sellers from the game or is this a normal thing you guys allow?

Comments

• Options
    strictlyevilstrictlyevil Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    They don't allow them but it isn't an easy process to keep these guys out. Even if a person does have their account banned they can just create a new one. This will always be a problem in every MMO out there. There is not good or easy way to get rid of them and I doubt there ever will be as removing the features that allow them to keep on going would also affect the general populous in a bad way.

As long as your not crazy enough to visit the sites it isn't much of a big deal.
    Ancient 18.8k CW | Ancient Heals 18k DC | Ancient Tank 22.2k GF | GT: XGC Army
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    plannb23plannb23 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    I think what would be a great middle ground would be the ability to actually opt in and out of channels when you're wanting to use them. As a former World of Warcraft player the one thing I loved about the chat functionality was that I could leave trade, leave LFG or any other channel until I wanted to be back in them. It allows people who ARE NOT trying to currently sell or looking to buy stuff to not see the trade spam. It allows people who ARE NOT currently looking for a group to leave LFG.

Just making it a checkbox function I think would be a great way to kind of allow people to control what they're seeing. Currently when I'm in Protector's Enclave I don't even read chat.
    Neverwinter-Signature.png
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    Gold Spammers get banned by the droves daily. As strictlyevil stated they just make another account after they get banned so it is no easy ordeal to stop them so every MMO is in a constant stuggle to maintain them.

So short and sweet: no it is not allowed and buying from them will result in you getting banned along with them.

It's a weapons vs armor race. Gold spammers design weapons to get through the MMO's armor and then the MMO has to patch their armor. And when you think about it that way you really can't design armor for a weapon that doesn't exist yet so throughout history it has always been that a weapon is designed and armor is created to counteract it. This means MMO companies are always in a reactionary situation.

And before it is mentioned IP Bans are never used in an MMO because the vast majority of people have dynamic IP addresses. This means if you are banned today tomorrow your neighbor who did nothing wrong could, however unlikely, be banned for no reason while you are continuing to play.

As for plannb23's comment, being able to set up channels and tabs is something the PC version has and at least some of that functionality will be coming to the XBox version. How much is not known. All we know is that the way the XBox chat works now will be changed in the future.
  • Options
    vagu2vagu2 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    How about you get in contact with MS and get those guys' consoles banned since what they do is against MS' tos?
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited June 2015
    We do not allow the discussion of bad behavior. Suffice to say: "Gold Selling" is not legal nor condoned. Please do not partake in such behavior. Instead, report bad folks to Support. I know they're looking into making chat better for XBOX users, especially in terms of reporting said activities.
This discussion has been closed.