test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

mounts with stats - this is getting out of hand.

teribad15teribad15 Member Posts: 1,092 Arc User
edited June 2015 in Player Feedback (PC)
088faffe558606e56119e157ebc56fe3.png
[/url]

discuss...
Post edited by zebular on

Comments

• Options
    suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    ...why am I not surprised ???

I'll gleefully enjoy the QQ from those poor sods who spent big on getting that ugly plucked ostrich thingie and now find they rather would have liked AP gain instead of 4k Mov... >:)
  • Options
    zickyjackszickyjacks Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    Something tells me more of these will come in Lockboxes.
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    rinat114 wrote: »
    Oh good god. Where is that from >.>

It isn't on the preview shard so if it is real I'd guess it is from the alpha pvp testing , anyone else who is alpha testing the pvp can confirm this? not saying it is fake but it seems weird to have a 140% speed snail xD , also the flavor text is messed up a bit ahaha
    Tooltip wrote: »
    This coastal flail snail seems eager to join in you battle

If it is real then hopefully it is a zen shop mount but being BoE I'm guessing it isn't, also nice equip bonus compared to the +4000 movement of the Strider ....

Flail snail has flails on it's head instead of eye stalks XD

CqYZFIH.jpg
    Post edited by iambecks1 on
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    rinat114rinat114 Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    Oh good god. Where is that from >.>

It isn't on the preview shard so if it is real I'd guess it is from the alpha pvp testing , anyone else who is alpha testing the pvp can confirm this? not saying it is fake but it seems weird to have a 140% speed snail xD , also the flavor text is messed up a bit ahaha

I was in this weekend's alpha testing, can't confirm anything of that sort.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    I was in this weekend's alpha testing, can't confirm anything of that sort.

It's ok , I already chatted with a couple of my guildies who could be bothered staying up till 2 am on Friday , they shouldn't have told me that , you know with the ultra secrecy lol
  • Options

teribad15 wrote: »
    well it should be secret but equip bonus like that cannot be released, its better to bring this up so we can hope to avoid this disaster.

Too right , the power creep in this game is ridiculous and adding massively overpowered mounts like this is idiotic , next thing we know they will try adding stats to vanity outfits lmfao
  • Options
    helpimblindinrlhelpimblindinrl Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    Oh cryptic, never change
  • Options
    quspivquspiv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    brb, gotta buy huge stack of enchanted keys and prepare for new lockboxes with OP mount.
  • Options
    zickyjackszickyjacks Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    If this is real, this is worse than having the mod5 Artifact gear being useless. Like you Make current legendary mounts (or all mounts for that matter) useless with the introduction of the Armor Strider. Then you come out with something even better than that?
  • Options
    j0shi82j0shi82 Member Posts: 622 Arc User
    zickyjacks wrote: »
    If this is real, this is worse than having the mod5 Artifact gear being useless. Like you Make current legendary mounts (or all mounts for that matter) useless with the introduction of the Armor Strider. Then you come out with something even better than that?

This was foreseeable.
  • Options
    katamaster81899katamaster81899 Member Posts: 1,157 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Where on earth did you find this thing. I didn't see anything of the sort when I was alpha testing. I swear, they'd better not even think of releasing a <bleep> item like this...

<Mod note: Do not post profanity.>
    Post edited by lewstelamon01 on
    dulopa4e1d9.png
    || Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator || Infernal Paragons ||
    Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T
    Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    Day-at-the-Snail-Races--108277.jpg

When will we get the jockey suits to go with it?

• Options
    karakla1karakla1 Member Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    (*.*) i want a snail as mount!
    plat.png
    Platypus wielding a giant hammer, your argument is invalild!
  • Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Its a racing snail! Wish I could give mounts names, I'd name it Teeny Weeny. I want one for my Halfling.

What I'd really like is an invisible cube - so it looks like my guy is floating with nothing around him and moving at 140%. Maybe... call it an Invisible Stalker mount.

BTW, that equip bonus is sick. 35% AP regen? Basically means you need 2/3 the AP as any other toon. That's really over powered. I do hope they provide upgrade paths for existing mounts.
  • Options
    silvereldunarisilvereldunari Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    They'll definitely rework this bonus, or else HR's Disruptive Shot (25% AP cost) is basicaly giving you 10% AP
  • Options
    helpimblindinrlhelpimblindinrl Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    Just wait till we get artifact mounts
  • Options
    emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    I dont like where this (game) is going
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • Options
    samothrace22samothrace22 Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    I mean, a snail mount sounds really cool and I can't wait to see it. But the bonus is ridiculous, I really wish they never added them to mounts because it makes it a must have... and makes them super expensive. That it's AP gain is just.. ugh.. Too much AP gain going around. Wouldn't be surprised if they added an AP gain depression in PvP
    ────────────────────────────
    SAMOTHRACE
    Trickster Rogue
    ────────────────────────────
  • Options
    The game has definetly too many AP gain at the moment. Cloak + Cleric Artifact + AP Gain Stat in Combonation with "Armor Kits".
    Maybe plain Stat Bonus for our Utility Stats would be enough like the Armored Giant Strider with 4.000 Movement.
    Utility Stats are Movement, XP Bonus, Gold Bonus, Glory Bonus. In addition Incoming Healing. To get 10% in those stats is nothing game breakin like 35% AP Gain. And an Attack Ability + 10% in such a Stat + 30% faster than any other mount + cool look is still enough for many to try to gain such mount.

I want a snail! I hope it make a trail of slime behind it, so my enemies slip *evil laugh*
    plat.png
  • Options
    balorinbalorin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 132 Arc User
    I m not surpised about this mount for these following reasons.

-It will match well with the two missing elemental lockboxes, here the water one.
    -The bonus is OP to sell Lockboxes.
    -The mount is ugly and don't bring any epic or legendary enjoyement. ( i was wondering what they could design worst than the last chocobo chicken, well a snail ! ok ^^)

I will recommend you to wait for the air lockboxes, may be we ll have a very beautifull mount this time, but this is just a dream ^^ (flying carpet, griiffins, fake magical wings like the air prophet etc etc)
  • Options
    balorin wrote: »
    -The mount is ugly and don't bring any epic or legendary enjoyement. ( i was wondering what they could design worst than the last chocobo chicken, well a snail ! ok ^^)

I am not the kind of person that want to say you are totally wrong on this specific point but: Are you Insane? It is a huge <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> snail faster then any other mount with flails instead of eye stalks. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
    plat.png
  • Options
    suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    Anyone else notice that the mount bonus effects are pretty much the killer ones in PvP ???