test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Shadow Slip idea that would make SW fun to play

twoheadedpuigtwoheadedpuig Member Posts: 31 Arc User
edited June 2015 in The Nine Hells
Shadow Slip is pretty weak in its current state. It doesn't provide much protection in PVP and it's merely ok in PVE to get in or out of a strategic position. Overall, pretty meh.

What if using Shadow Slip made warlocks invisible?

Keep everything the same except the animation. Stamina is a finite resource and the recharge is fairly slow, so there wouldn't be perma-SWs. It would appear to other players as a (potentially long) teleport that isn't in a straight line like the CW, but instead gives a mix of stealth like the TR with resistances a GWF has during Unstoppable.

As far as I know, the SW can't attack while slipping (and they shouldn't be able to while stealthed), but they would become masters of positioning using high-damage ranged attacks. Already long cast times would provide balance compared to the length of time one can use Shadow Slip.

I don't play my SW because it's not that fun compared to other classes, maybe something like this would change that.

What do you guys think?
Post edited by twoheadedpuig on

Comments

• mefxesmefxes Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    SW is barely usable right now.
  • denvalddenvald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    What if using Shadow Slip made warlocks invisible?

What do you guys think?

No.

The reason is because imagine you're fighting someone, they target you with CC powers. Now you predict it in time and you start shifting before he casts/uses the power. The power does not go on cooldown. You get out of stealth, now you get chain CC'd.

I think this would make shadow slip worse than it is now.

Removing stamina regen delay and increasing DR / or making it unmitigatable DR would be a good start, not I disagree with your stealth mode idea.

My personnal favorite suggestion for it is 1) remove stamina regen delay and 2) make it possible to consume stamina while standing to gain DR and CC immunity while keeping the ability to attack. The other rules for shadow slip remain the same.
    I am the monk, martial skill transcends the battlefield
    It is my my life style, my doctrine and my state of mind,
    You fight well, but without focus and discipline, you will fall.

More threads by me / Click on it B)
    My Support Warlock/Temptation Thread
  • kevinevolutionkevinevolution Member Posts: 47
    edited June 2015
    I like shadow slip the way it is and i don't want to be another coward rogue :( Shadow slip is awesome in Lostmauth, avoiding obstacles (falling rocks) but it needs a serious defense buff
    denvald wrote: »
    My personnal favorite suggestion for it is 1) remove stamina regen delay and 2) make it possible to consume stamina while standing to gain DR and CC immunity while keeping the ability to attack. The other rules for shadow slip remain the same.

me likey
  • bakaslambakaslam Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Shadow Slip has potential but going invisibile is not a good alternative.. Every SHIFT ability is unique and copying the TR one is not really the best.
    Also, it doesn't fit too much with the SW character.

To me shadow slip should:
    - Be able to set you free from CC (every second of Shadow Slip burns a second of CC);
    - Be able to be used while using powers;
    - Have a less stamina consummation.

That's to me the only way to start making warlocks even to the other classes.
    We are CC immune while using it, that's true, but that means that we need to activate shadow slip before the CC. We don't get any true protection from that so it should at least grant us to be CC immune or a good "anti-CC" if you will.
    » Hogs of War «

~ Adam | Trickster Rogue | Master Infiltrator Saboteur
    ~ Essence | Hunter Ranger | Pathfinder Trapper
    ~ Veyl | Scourge Warlock | Soulbinder Fury
    ~ Abel | Trickster Rogue | Master Infiltrator Executioner

Waiting for DRUID and MONK!