test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Gonna be hopping in game at 11AM PDT tomorrow 6/11

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
Hey guys,

I'll be hopping in game tomorrow at around 11AM PDT if you guys want to join me. I'll just be doing some dragon runs and getting closer to level 60 on my main account. No, this is not an event or a giveaway, but players have been asking me to hop in game more often - and tell them when I do - for some face time and to just hang out. I'll be hanging around for about an hour.

Add me: NW Community

With great power, comes great responsibility!

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    bkthomsonbkthomson Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Cool. I'll add you but I 'should' be at work during that time. Still I would not mind a play along sometime in the future if I do not make it.
  • Options
    waffennachtwaffennacht Member Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2015
    Hey guys,

I'll be hopping in game tomorrow at around 11AM PDT if you guys want to join me. I'll just be doing some dragon runs and getting closer to level 60 on my main account. No, this is not an event or a giveaway, but players have been asking me to hop in game more often - and tell them when I do - for some face time and to just hang out. I'll be hanging around for about an hour.

Add me: NW Community

With great power, comes great responsibility!

I wonder if they would kick you out of the dungeon? Im sad to think its good odds. Have fun, i totally would join but i dont have 5 hours to try and get through one dungeon today
  • Options
    eroticdoomeroticdoom Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I'd imagine only a very very small percentage of the playerbase even know the forum exists let alone who is who.

Hopefully you won't suffer too ma...... ny........... game freez................ ing........ death.... s....
    " I reject your reality and substitute it with my own "
  • Options
    atlas77777atlas77777 Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I'll be hanging around for about an hour.

Don't take this the wrong way, but why don't the community managers/devs play the game more often? It seems as if every time we report an issue it's "the first time you've heard of it", which is just silly because many of the same issues were on the pc version. I can't help but feel you guys are a little detached from your own game to a large extent.

I offer this purely as constructive criticism.
    -Rex, the Mad King of [Legendary Outlaws]

"I saw you out there. I don't know what came over me, but I couldn't let you die. I found something inside of myself, something incredibly heroic. I mean, not to brag, but objectively..." -Peter Quill

Rex IV Tact GF | tRex SS Rene CW | GT: G3TxxS0M3
  • Options
    luckyk70luckyk70 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I am a mature adult that has logged in almost 1000 hours on this game. Lets have some fun running together. My Xbox gamertag is LuckyK and that is my character name on Neverwinter as well. Perhaps when you log on you can send me a message or invite. Hopefully I can have the opportunity to play and chat with you :)
  • Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited June 2015
  • Options
    strictlyevilstrictlyevil Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Nah, he's only logged like 60 hours of play time on that account. I second Atlas' post. It would be nice if some of the community staff actively played or interacted with the community.
    Ancient 18.8k CW | Ancient Heals 18k DC | Ancient Tank 22.2k GF | GT: XGC Army
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Nah, he's only logged like 60 hours of play time on that account. I second Atlas' post. It would be nice if some of the community staff actively played or interacted with the community.

I agree completely - though, it must be a... trying... experience for any Cryptic staffer to go in-game if they have to identify themselves as staff. We only see the abuse hurled at them publicly here, image the forum PMs.. at least that's asynchronous. In-game, it's people shouting at them in real-time. Makes it hard if you really just want to hang out and kill some stuff.
  • Options
    strictlyevilstrictlyevil Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    kvet wrote: »
    I agree completely - though, it must be a... trying... experience for any Cryptic staffer to go in-game if they have to identify themselves as staff. We only see the abuse hurled at them publicly here, image the forum PMs.. at least that's asynchronous. In-game, it's people shouting at them in real-time. Makes it hard if you really just want to hang out and kill some stuff.

True, didn't think about that. That is surely a headache I wouldn't wish on anyone lol.
    Ancient 18.8k CW | Ancient Heals 18k DC | Ancient Tank 22.2k GF | GT: XGC Army
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    luckyk70luckyk70 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I am a mature adult that has logged in almost 1000 hours on this game. Lets have some fun running together. My Xbox gamertag is LuckyK and that is my character name on Neverwinter as well. Perhaps when you log on you can send me a message or invite. Hopefully I can have the opportunity to play and chat with you :)
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    kvet wrote: »

Getting paid to play/talk about video games sounds...awful. I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy!

"I saw you out there. I don't know what came over me, but I couldn't let you die. I found something inside of myself, something incredibly heroic. I mean, not to brag, but objectively..." -Peter Quill

• Options
    strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    edited June 2015
    Yeah, I'm trying to increase my presence in game with this. That being said, I'm currently in-game!

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

• Options
    edited June 2015
    Are any of the developers hardcore into Neverwinter on xb1? Are they among us, hiding in plain sight (like transformers)?

I understand this game can be fun for the casual gamer. I'm concerned about the longevity of the game on console because so many games will come out. Your player base will be the hardcore players that are so excited to have an mmo on console. That small percentage of players will play mod to mod, plan their characters' growth months in advance (thank you pc players!), and make the community better overall as new players join. I hope they keep this in mind.