test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Questions about TRs

redlex17redlex17 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
edited June 2015 in PvP Discussion
Before I complain about TRs in PVP, I wanted to get some information.

TRs often start out with a stun/slow/daze effect, slowing my character and keeping me from using any ability, including dodge. How many of these abilities does the rogue have, what is the cooldown, and how long does it last?

Most classes in a game should be balanced. For example, if you have the best stun, slow, daze, root, etc, you shouldn't have the best damage (or at least burst damage) to make it a fair fight in PVP. If so, you should have some other, rather large weakness to compensate. For example, not able to chain stuns, or causing damage to a dazed target allows breaks the effect, etc.
Post edited by redlex17 on

Comments

• zeroedout1zeroedout1 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2015
  • azuosed89azuosed89 Member Posts: 565 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    zeroedout1 wrote: »

yes pretty much. But one advise. never walk on your mount while you know there is a TR nearby (well, any enemy). You get hit harder and is set prone.
    Gannicus GWF PvP
    DENIAL
    edited June 2015
    azuosed89 wrote: »
    yes pretty much. But one advise. never walk on your mount while you know there is a TR nearby (well, any enemy). You get hit harder and is set prone.

Yes, I don't really ride mounts on PVP for that reason. That and a TR has way too little stamina taken from their dodge moves (while as a CW or DC I can only do like 4 in a row without running out of stamina) and THEN they get stealth ability which seems endless with their encounters and more dodges, stealth and flips. All in all, they can get you from invisibility from a mile away. I have got to the point where when I see them pop stealth, I just back away as far as humanly possible, toss a knock back if they get in my face (only works 2/5 times) and wait for their stealth to finish so my attacks can do damage and not say 'Dodged, Dodged, Dodged, **** you suck- dodged' lol.
  • lolitokinlolitokin Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    TRs have a few encounters that daze, as well as the scoundrel capstone. My advice is to spam dodge mechanic and walk out of the range of DF. Not incredibly effective but it's all you got.
  • lolitokinlolitokin Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    zeroedout1 wrote: »

That guy asked for it, staying on a mount when he saw the guy stealth ? I could do that with an ice knife.
  • skeld11skeld11 Member Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    He stayed on a mount, therefore the rogues have judged that he must die in one shot from stealth.
    GWF
    -ASYLUM-
    edited June 2015
    People pick tr's because the ease of defeating opponents in PvP.