test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

moderator selection

ataturkeyataturkey Member Posts: 4 Arc User
edited June 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
i know this will come off poorly to a select few but i have a legitimate question

the current moderators were voted in by the people in this forum.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?13221-A-Poll-for-the-3-Moderator-hopefuls&highlight=vote+moderator

can they be voted out and new ones selected? what is the process? i thought about PMing strumslinger but i thought since it was a public forum that put people in power it might be nice to ask in a public forum.

i'm legitimately curious. i had several people ask me this in game on one of the channels and i didn't know the answer.

please try to be civil as i'm sure any type of rudeness will be deleted or the entire thread deleted and or locked.

Comments

• katamaster81899katamaster81899 Member Posts: 1,157 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Since I've actually been contacted about being a moderator, I think I can safely say that one way to become a moderator is by being asked by the current CM.

I turned it down, since I'm not legally old enough to be a moderator for cryptic XD.

Maybe in a year or two, if I'm still around.
    dulopa4e1d9.png
    || Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator || Infernal Paragons ||
    Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T
    Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I'm surprised they haven't replaced melodywhr , or is that moderator now on another game forum?
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    In regards to the selection of moderators, we are not "voted in" by the public, per se. By extension, we are not "voted out" either. The community can assist in the selection of moderators, however, PWE/Cryptic has the final say, and moderators can be appointed without making use of any public nomination process whatsoever:
    Community Moderators
    Perfect World Entertainment makes use of community moderators to enforce the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies. Moderators may not issue infraction points, suspensions, or bans, but may remove the content of posts which are found to be in violation of these rules and policies. Community Moderators are selected by members of the PWE Community Team. The community may be asked to participate in selection of volunteer moderators, but the PWE Community Manager makes the final selection. When new moderators are needed, a PWE Community Manager will inform the community of how many moderators are needed and the application process. Community Moderators are unpaid volunteers, and their views and opinions may not reflect the views and opinions of PWE. In addition, as Community Moderators are not employees of PWE, their service to their community may be discontinued at any time they choose, or may be discontinued by a member of the PWE Community Team at any time and for any reason.

The above quote is from PWE's general Community Rules and Policies, which can be located in any PWE/Cryptic forum (except this one, as our rules have yet to be standardized with the other PWE forums).

As this thread will inevitably be trolled by those who have an axe to grind with the current moderation team, or moderation in general, I'm going to close this down here. Please feel free to PM a moderator if you have any further concerns or issues.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
This discussion has been closed.