test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What's a good RT At-Will?

twackerstwackers Member Posts: 34
edited June 2015 in The Temple
I'm level 35, and looking for a good DPS at will. Currently, I have Sacred Flame on my LT (Great ability) and on RT I have Brand of the Sun. I herd BOTS did great dps and divinity gain, but I'm not seeing it much in solo play. Currently, it looks like a skill I'd use in a dungeon with a group (Even though I'd probably still use Astral Seal on my RT).

Any tips?
Post edited by twackers on

Comments

• Options
    yllenyllen Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    BotS does damage over time. It ticks 7 times over 10 seconds according to what I read (haven't tested it personally). So for solo play, in most circumstances, your mob will be dead before all the ticks have hit, hence you're not seeing the benefit.

Its really useful on boss fights where you have to move around a lot, since you can just fire it once and watch that divinity roll in without having to hit anything.

For solo play, whilst levelling, I think I pretty much stuck with LoF and AS. The good thing about Astral Seal is that because it gives you a heal, it also procs passive feats, like Cleanse, Foresight & Divine Intervention. It also serves as a handy mark on mobs. AS never leaves my bar, and I rotate the other at-wills around on my other trigger.
  • Options
    twackerstwackers Member Posts: 34
    edited June 2015
    yllen wrote: »
    BotS does damage over time. It ticks 7 times over 10 seconds according to what I read (haven't tested it personally). So for solo play, in most circumstances, your mob will be dead before all the ticks have hit, hence you're not seeing the benefit.

Its really useful on boss fights where you have to move around a lot, since you can just fire it once and watch that divinity roll in without having to hit anything.

For solo play, whilst levelling, I think I pretty much stuck with LoF and AS. The good thing about Astral Seal is that because it gives you a heal, it also procs passive feats, like Cleanse, Foresight & Divine Intervention. It also serves as a handy mark on mobs. AS never leaves my bar, and I rotate the other at-wills around on my other trigger.
    Appreciate the advice. I think I'll stay with AS and Sacred Flame.