Options

Tournaments from Drider

Comments

• Options
    espeeoespeeo Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    clonkyo1 said:

espeeo said:

Our players think the same. Therefore, there are some restrictions on my tournaments.
    If you want, I can translate the rules of the last tournament (2х2) for you.

Would be really nice if you do so for us. That way, we can learn from other point of view on how to aproach PvP nowadays. I mean: we can forbid some items and stuff (on our community, we talked long about this) but certain players will complain about it, which is what we don't want to happend on a big scale...
    The full list of rules from our forum:

Tournament «Two by two»

1. General
    1.1. Game version: Neverwinter Online, server Drider;
    1.2. The tournament is spend in the one league, team format;
    1.3. Minimum number of participants - 5, maximum - 32;
    1.4. The number of participants in a team - 2; picking of single players to the team made by the organizers randomly based on the composition requirements (see Section 2);
    1.5. The players must be over 14 years old;
    1.6. A player may submit a single application for participation;
    1.7. Allowed to cancel a request to participate as a group of players, as well as for individuals with a view to its correction, and re-request;
    1.8. The tournament is spend in the format described in Section 4 «Format of dueling»;
    1.9. Sponsors: ...;
    1.10. The prize fund: see Addition 1;
    1.11. At the end of the tournament a lottery will be held among non prizes.

2. Composition requirements
    2.1. All classes of characters allowed in the tournament, but with some restrictions on the Paragon Paths;
    2.2. Minimum character level: 70;
    2.3. Allowed to participate in only one character of the player;
    2.4. Total Item Level: minimum – 3000, maximum – is not limited;
    2.5. Identical classes can’t be on the team;
    2.6. Classes Devoted Cleric and Oathbound Paladin can’t be on the same team;
    2.7. Class Guardian Fighter should be in the branch «Conqueror» with the last feat «Reckless Attacker»;
    2.8. Class Devoted Cleric should be in the branch «Righteous» with the last feat «Avatar of the Divine»;
    2.9. Class Oathbound Paladin should be in the Paragon Path «Oath of Protection»;
    2.10. Class Oathbound Paladin should be in the branch «Justice» with the last feat «Vengeful Judge»;
    2.11. Additional restrictions for classes see in Section 7.

3. The format and the date of the tournament
    3.1. The tournament is presented in the Double Elimination format;
    3.2. Date event: January 28, 2017, acceptance applications: before January 27, 2017 23:59:59 Moscow Time;
    3.3. The tournament will start at 12.00 Moscow Time;
    3.4. If necessary, the tournament may be extended January 29, 2017, the time will be announced later;
    3.5. The bracket will be published on challonge.com;
    3.6. The bracket will be provided immediately before the tournament;
    3.7. The bracket is randomly generated.

4. Format of dueling
    4.1. Duels take place in format 2 vs. 2;
    4.2. Before the Final fight teams bout Bo3 (best of three games). With two wins third fight is not carried out;
    4.3. The final team fight takes place in format Bo5 (best of five games). With three wins fourth and fifth fights are not carried out;
    4.5. The duration of one round: 5 minutes. If the fight lasts longer than 5 minutes, and the outcome of the round at the same time is not defined, by agreement with the players round stops and resets. The following fights are held under the rules listed in Addition 2;
    4.6. The winner of the round is the team that killed both players until the end of time, or a group, who left 2 vs. 1 on time expiry;
    4.7. At the end of time, when in the living remains one participant in each of the teams, the draw is awarded and a new round starts; by mutual agreement the participants have the right to ask the organizers to start the round again until the end of time, when the outcome of the duel 1 vs. 1 at the same time is not defined;
    4.8. Matches will be held in the Gauntlgrym or PvP Domination (Hotenow Domination, Rivenscar Ruins);
    4.9. Before the fight, all participants should gain 100% of AP;
    4.10. Two judges watch the fight, one judge for each side;
    4.11. Before the fight judges check the conformity of players to the rules, the absence of all prohibited items;
    4.12. During the fight, judges watch the fulfillment of all the conditions and announce the winner of the match;
    4.13. If the judge demands to stop the fight, the participants are required to stop;
    4.14. In the event of external interference are eliminated by the organizers and volunteers.

5. Allowed
    5.1. Allowed the use of artifacts, except as outlined in Section 6;
    5.2. Allowed to use the buff from Campfire, potions, prayers, food, scrolls, Tymora's Lucky Coin, Adorable Pocket Pet and other similar items, except as outlined in Section 6;
    5.3. Allowed the use of items such as Doohickey, Poking Stick, Owlbear Figurine;
    5.4. Allowed the presence of any mounts in Stable;
    5.5. Allowed the use of all Insignia bonuses;
    5.6. Allowed the use of Dragon and Ice Glyphs;
    5.7. Allowed to change Glyphs in Overload slots – only before the fight;
    5.8. Allowed to change Enchantments – only before the fight;
    5.9. Allowed to change Weapon and Armor Enchantments – only before the fight;
    5.10. Allowed to change Stronghold Boons before the fight;
    5.11. Allowed to change the powers used during the fight.
    5.12. Allowed to resurrect an ally, who was at death's door.

6. Forbidden
    6.1. Forbidden change of armors, weapons and other equipment during the fight;
    6.2. Forbidden to use bugs;
    6.3. Forbidden the use of potions, food, other items and others (except artifacts) with Health Regeneration effect;
    6.4. Forbidden Mount Equip Powers with Health Regeneration (such mounts as Skeleton Steed, Dawn Unicorn, Swift Golden Lion and others);
    6.5. Forbidden to use scrolls of resurrection;
    6.6. Forbidden to use equipment such as: Drowcraft Shirt, Drowcraft Pants, Dusk Armor (any part);
    6.7. Forbidden to use active powers of artifacts: Token of Chromatic Storm;
    6.8. Forbidden to use Champion's Battle Horn;
    6.9. Forbidden to use Cloak of Lesser Etherealness;
    6.10. Forbidden to use the rings: Ring of Vanishing Presence, Ring of Ambush, Ring of Reflex Sight, Ring of Vision, Ring of Natural Order, Ring of Cowardice, Ring of Impenetrability, Ring of the Fortress, Ring of Sieging;
    6.11. Forbidden to use any Stronghold Marks (such as Mark of Stamina Drain, Mark of the Rogue Ward and others);
    6.12. Forbidden to use mount active powers;
    6.13. Forbidden to use Companions (if the tournament will be moved to Icewind Dale);
    6.14. Forbidden to go beyond the territory of the arena during the fight;
    6.15. Forbidden retraining or race reroll during the tournaments;
    6.16. Forbidden interference with the participants during the fight;
    6.17. Forbidden insults the participants;
    6.18. Forbidden the intentional re-log to clear the round results;
    6.19. Forbidden disrespect to the participants of the tournament and the judges;
    6.20. Forbidden any deviation from the rules. This may result in disciplinary action up to disqualification.

7. Additional restrictions for classes
    7.1. Guardian Fighter:
    - forbidden to use «Terrifying Impact»;
    - forbidden to use «Fighter's Recovery»;
    - forbidden to use «Knight's Valor»;
    - forbidden to use «Iron Warrior».
    7.2. Devoted Cleric:
    - forbidden simultaneous use of Drowned artifact weapon and feat «Gift of Haste»;
    - forbidden simultaneous use of Holy Avenger Enchantment (any rank) and feat «Gift of Haste»;
    - forbidden to use «Anointed Army»;
    - forbidden to use «Astral Shield».
    7.3. Hunter Ranger:
    - forbidden to use «Forest Meditation».
    7.4. Trickster Rogue:
    - forbidden to use «Blood Bath»;
    - forbidden to use Bilethorn Enchantment (any rank).
    7.5. Oathbound Paladin:
    - forbidden to use «LayonHands»;
    - forbidden to use «Aura of Courage» in the team with Scourge Warlock.
    7.6. Scourge Warlock:
    - forbidden to use Lightning Enchantment (any rank).
    7.7. Control Wizard:
    - forbidden to use «Repel».

8. Disciplinary sanctions
    8.1. If paragraphs 6.1-6.18 have been violated — disqualification of the participant.
    8.2. If paragraphs 6.19-6.20, 7.1-7.7 have been violated — depending on the strength of violations the judge varies punishment at its discretion.

9. Other
    9.1. If external interference fight stops to address them, round resets and starts again;
    9.2. When involuntary disconnect of the character from the game during a fight, it is given 2 minutes for re-entry, the round resets;
    9.3. If a player can’t enter the game, he gets a technical defeat;
    9.4. In the event of contentious issues relating to the progress of fighting, at the end of the duel is declared a break of 5 minutes for discussion and decision-making down to the replay of the match;
    9.5. Any contentious issues are resolved by the organizers and judges.

10. Additional Information
    10.1. Registered participants will gather in the TeamSpeak;
    10.2. TeamSpeak address will be added before the tournament;
    10.3. Teams have the right to use any means of communication for coordination. Also, two TeamSpeak rooms will be provided for the opposing teams, if they do not have their own means of communication;
    10.4. Any participant or spectator can organize the stream;
    10.5. Rules or prizes can be supplemented and changed at the discretion of the organizers until the end of acceptance applications;
    10.6. The organizers also reserve the right to make adjustments to the tournament rules.

You can think that we did too many restrictions, but we want to see dynamic fights and don't want to sit at the computer all night :)
    The tournament is not automatically, only manual control :)

At the moment I have 12 teams and 2 singles.
  • Options
    clonkyo1 said:

After reading it twice

I don't think that will be hard to translate the rules. Sorry my bad English. :)
  • Options
    etelgrin said:

Obviously everybody would love the rewards or at least Neverwinter Champions League return. Man is not that community is been asking for alot, NCL never ever happened again which is a sad story.

NCL is what our players want very much. But until then, we entertain ourselves. :)
  • Options
    clonkyo1 said:

espeeo said:

clonkyo1 said:

After reading it twice

I don't think that will be hard to translate the rules. Sorry my bad English. :)
    What i meant is that i've read it twice to check if i missed something in there. As i said, i agree on almost everything. It is, indeed, a really interesting set of rules. We should use them for ourselves too.
    Oh, I understood. Sorry :)
  • Options
    superent666superent666 Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    @espeeo I do understand everyone could organize something and organize the rewards also...depending on the idea it just takes quite some time and dedication (and being in sizeable player-networks). BUT I think that staff support (actual staff like community manager but also community moderators) for such endeavors is a good idea....organizational support, rewards... and some events (doesn´t necessarily have to be PVP-related!) might also profit from an in game announcement in the calendar! Better make a second calendar where such player events might be announced (like guild calendar). Might make organization/advertising events easier and help players to find access to events that might take place during their waking hours/gaming time. Players potential to come up with some hilarious nonsense could be tapped...
    Well it´s not going to happen...but, just sayin´....I´m just so bored with running in circles farming freakin´ moults, lanolins, vonin blood, thingies...and extremely underwhelming recurring events. Some creative input and diversity in activities would be totally awesome:)
    Sorry my bad English, too:P
    Still curious why there is a special server for Russian nerds...anyone knows why?
  • Options
    crowdsourced#3904 crowdsourced Member Posts: 218 Arc User

I do understand everyone could organize something.... BUT I think that staff support (actual staff like community manager but also community moderators) for such endeavors is a good idea

It isn't the same if a regular player organizes it and if a community manager does so. Both may have the initiative, but the community manager will have more momentum, exposure, support, resources and credibility to pull it off.

I hope this inspires some of our community managers to do the same. I'm sure it would be greatly appreciated by the dedicated and outspoken community.
  • Options

The timezones! I heard you guys have max 6 hours difference (and that's already pretty rare!). Our top PvPers are from all over the world and many different timezones makes it almost impossible to catch them all at once.

There are 11 timezones in Russia :)
    I have great respect for players who live in Vladivostok (its GMT+10!), and participating in tournaments.
  • Options

...organizational support, rewards...

We haven't organizational support from administration (PWE) or Cryptic. The best that we can count - is advertising in the official social networks.
    Rewards... Oh, I have a permanent sponsor of the number of usual players. He says that he is interested to do it. :) Well, I'm also involved in sponsoring.

Better make a second calendar where such player events might be announced (like guild calendar). Might make organization/advertising events easier and help players to find access to events that might take place during their waking hours/gaming time.

It's impossible for events with "manual control". NCL would have solved this problem.
  • Options
    superent666superent666 Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    Well, a player-event-calendar (using UTC and accessible in game not forum) might not work if everyone has full editing rights since there might be some "funny" players erasing things or putting up nonsense. But community moderators could do the job: a guild/player/player-group might send the idea for the event (and UTC time) to a community moderator; they then put it up in the calendar. The community manager might then assign a fixed amount of rewards per month to the events (maybe randomly to prevent hard feelings). They are given to the community moderators who then hand them over to the event organizers. Things like currencies for the guild coffer could be a standard reward...cryptic looses nothing and it will hardly mess up the economy. There might be some drama and chaos but also a lot of fun.
    The beauty in this is the work-sharing: players come up with ideas and organize, community manager are intermediates editing the calendar and channeling the rewards, the community manager just has to hand out the rewards to the moderators.
    But maybe there is no interest by players in this so it´s not even worth putting it in cryptics suggestion box aka rubbish bin ;P
  • Options
    Hi, guys!

It's Drider again :)

Tournament will be held tomorrow, 28 January, at 10:00 CET (12:00 Moscow time) on Drider. I've translated rules for you, the final version you can read on our forum - http://forum.arcgames.com/nwru/discussion/205780/turnir-dvazhdy-dva/p1.

Stream:
    1. espeeo
    2. volchezara
    3. motika09
  • Options
    Can we eventually merge the 2 servers? That would mean we'd get espeeo as a community moderator right?
  • Options
    Thanks, guys, for watching us!
    We will continue 29.01.2017 at 12:00 CET. We'll glad to see you again :)

And it is not the longest tournament ;)
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Tournament is over :)

1st place: TR/DC Skamos@fouly123 / Himik@himik7#0615
    2nd place: HR/TR Abigor@mmfmfjj / ЛаИт@dmaleks
    3rd place: GF/HR Консервная Банка@darkslapstick / ВорКа@VoORKA
    4th place: GF/OP Kiberhunt@xkiberhuntx / Lexy@leon033093.

Thanks all who watching us :)
    See you on Drider!
    Post edited by espeeo on
  • Options
    Some statistics of tournament «Two by two». Maybe someone will be interested.

1. Number of participants - 60 people / 30 teams.

2. Number of people in classes in descending order:
    - Oathbound Paladin - 1;
    - Scourge Warlock - 1;
    - Great Weapon Fighter - 2;
    - Control Wizard - 3;
    - Devoted Cleric - 4;
    - Guardian Fighter - 16;
    - Hunter Ranger - 16;
    - Trickster Rogue - 17.

3. Number of teams in class composition in descending order:
    - Guardian Fighter / Oathbound Paladin - 1 team;
    - Control Wizard / Scourge Warlock - 1 team;
    - Devoted Cleric / Hunter Ranger - 1 team;
    - Devoted Cleric / Trickster Rogue - 1 team;
    - Control Wizard / Great Weapon Fighter - 2 teams;
    - Devoted Cleric / Guardian Fighter - 2 teams;
    - Guardian Fighter / Hunter Ranger - 6 teams;
    - Guardian Fighter / Trickster Rogue - 7 teams;
    - Hunter Ranger / Trickster Rogue - 9 teams.
  • Options
    Hi, guys!

We are planning another tournament. «Holy underwear» - class tournament for Oathbound Paladins :)

If you want, I'll translate the rules for you.
  • Options
    What will happen when the fights last for more than a few hours?
  • Options

What will happen when the fights last for more than a few hours?

Fights will not last hours.
    You've not yet read Rules, tournament called «Holy underwear» ;)
  • Options
    espeeo said:

Sorry. I saw Paladins and I shuddered
  • Options
    icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    well DPS pally can hit pretty hard, only thing they are lacking is the burst however the survivialbility compensates it. I havent read the rules but it will be interesting to see how it goes :)
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • Options
    edited February 2017

espeeo said:

Sorry. I saw Paladins and I shuddered
    icyphish said:

well DPS pally can hit pretty hard, only thing they are lacking is the burst however the survivialbility compensates it. I havent read the rules but it will be interesting to see how it goes :)

The full list of Rules from our forum:

Tournament «Holy Underwear»

1. General
    1.1. Game version: Neverwinter Online, server Drider;
    1.2. The tournament is spend in the one league, 1 vs. 1;
    1.3. Minimum number of participants - 16, maximum - 32;
    1.4. All tournament matches are on the battlefield in Gauntlgrym;
    1.5. Tournament Map: near the 5th point;
    1.6. The players must be over 14 years old, class – Oathbound Paladin, 70 level (see Section 2);
    1.7. Sponsors: @mydarlingkot, @predellavant;
    1.8. The prize fund: see Addition 1;
    1.9. At the end of the tournament a lottery will be held among non prizes.

2. Requirements for participants
    2.1. Class – Oathbound Paladin;
    2.2. Minimum character level: 70;
    2.3. Total Item Level: minimum – 2500, maximum – is not limited;
    2.4. Participants have the right to remain in their guild to use active guild boons without any restrictions.

3. The format and the date of the tournament
    3.1. The tournament is presented in the Double Elimination format;
    3.2. Date event: February 18, 2017, acceptance applications: before February 17, 2017 23:59:59 Moscow Time;
    3.3. The tournament will start at 12.00 Moscow Time;
    3.4. If necessary, the tournament may be extended February 19, 2017, the time will be announced later;
    3.5. The bracket will be published on challonge.com;
    3.6. The bracket will be provided immediately before the tournament;
    3.7. The bracket is randomly generated.

4. Format of dueling
    4.1. Duels take place in format 1 vs. 1;
    4.2. Before the Final fight teams bout Bo3 (best of three games). With two wins third fight is not carried out;
    4.3. The final team fight takes place in format Bo5 (best of five games). With three wins fourth and fifth fights are not carried out;
    4.4. The duration of one round: 5 minutes. If the fight lasts longer than 5 minutes, and the outcome of the round at the same time is not defined, by agreement with the players round stops and resets. The following fights are held under the rules listed in Addition 2;
    4.5. Matches will be held in the Gauntlgrym or PvP Domination (Hotenow Domination, Rivenscar Ruins);
    4.6. Before the fight, all participants should gain 100% of AP;
    4.7. Two judges watch the fight, one judge for each side;
    4.8. Before the fight judges check the conformity of players to the rules, the absence of all prohibited items;
    4.9. During the fight, judges watch the fulfillment of all the conditions and announce the winner of the match;
    4.10. If the judge demands to stop the fight, the participants are required to stop;
    4.11. In the event of external interference are eliminated by the organizers and volunteers.

5. Allowed
    5.1. Allowed the use of artifacts, except as outlined in Section 6;
    5.2. Allowed to use the buff from Campfire, potions, prayers, food, scrolls, Tymora's Lucky Coin, Adorable Pocket Pet and other similar items, except as outlined in Section 6;
    5.3. Allowed the use of items such as Doohickey, Poking Stick, Owlbear Figurine;
    5.4. Allowed the presence of any mounts in Stable;
    5.5. Allowed the use of all Insignia bonuses;
    5.6. Allowed to change Enchantments – only before the fight;
    5.7. Allowed to change Weapon Enchantments – only before the fight;
    5.8. Allowed to change Stronghold Boons before the fight;
    5.9. Allowed to change the powers used during the fight.

6. Forbidden
    6.1. Forbidden to use any armor items – Helmet, Armor, Gloves, Boots;
    6.2. Forbidden to use any of the rings, as well as other equipment with Tenacity;
    6.3. Forbidden change of weapons and other equipment during the fight;
    6.4. Forbidden to use bugs;
    6.5. Forbidden the use of potions, food, other items and others (except artifacts) with Health Regeneration effect;
    6.6. Forbidden to use active powers of artifacts: Token of Chromatic Storm;
    6.7. Forbidden to use the rings: Ring of Vanishing Presence, Ring of Ambush, Ring of Reflex Sight, Ring of Natural Order, Ring of Cowardice, Ring of Impenetrability, Ring of the Fortress, Ring of Sieging;
    6.8. Forbidden Mount Equip Powers with Health Regeneration (such mounts as Skeleton Steed, Dawn Unicorn, Swift Golden Lion and others);
    6.9. Forbidden to use mount active power of Swift Golden Lion;
    6.10. Forbidden to use Champion's Battle Horn;
    6.11. Forbidden to use scrolls of resurrection;
    6.12. Forbidden to use Cloak of Lesser Etherealness;
    6.13. Forbidden to go beyond the territory of the arena during the fight;
    6.14. Forbidden to use powers such as: Lay on Hands, Cure Wounds, Aura of Truth;
    6.15. Forbidden the simultaneous use of any combination of the following powers: Vow of Enmity, Bane, Circle of Power. Each of these powers can be used individually;
    6.16. Forbidden retraining or race reroll during the tournaments;
    6.17. Forbidden interference with the participants during the fight;
    6.18. Forbidden insults the participants;
    6.19. Forbidden the intentional re-log to clear the round results;
    6.20. Forbidden disrespect to the participants of the tournament and the judges;
    6.21. Forbidden any deviation from the rules. This may result in disciplinary action up to disqualification.

7. Disciplinary sanctions
    7.1. If paragraphs 6.1-6.19 have been violated — disqualification of the participant.
    7.2. If paragraphs 6.20-6.21 have been violated — depending on the strength of violations the judge varies punishment at its discretion.

8. Other
    8.1. If external interference fight stops to address them, round resets and starts again;
    8.2. When involuntary disconnect of the character from the game during a fight, it is given 2 minutes for re-entry, the round resets;
    8.3. If a player can’t enter the game, he gets a technical defeat;
    8.4. Any contentious issues are resolved by the organizers and judges.

9. The veto of the organizers
    9.1. Organizers / judges of the tournament reserves the right to request to remove the equipment, Insignia bonus of one or both participants directly in the course of the battle. In this case, the fight is stopped and restarted after the participants meet the requirements of the organizers / judges;
    9.2. Organizers / judges reserve the right to disqualification of the participant / participants without explanation in the event of failure of their claims;
    9.3. The decision on disqualification is taken organizer / judges individually in the absence of other organizer persons;
    9.4. If one of the participants of the fight was disqualified, the second awarded by technical victory;
    9.5. Participants have the right to express "a note of distrust" organizer / judges to resume battle. In this case, the event is suspended until the parties reach agreement. All claims submitted after the specified time will automatically lose their status.

10. Additional Information
    10.1. Registered participants will gather in the TeamSpeak;
    10.2. TeamSpeak address will be added before the tournament;
    10.3. Any participant or spectator can organize the stream;
    10.4. Rules or prizes can be supplemented and changed at the discretion of the organizers until the end of acceptance applications;
    10.5. The organizers also reserve the right to make adjustments to the tournament rules.

Participants applying for the tournament, confirmed his acquaintance with the rules of the tournament, his agreement with them, and are willing to follow them, to obey the requirements of the organizers and judges.

Addition 1
    The prize fund:
    The 1st place: mouse Cougar 700M, or 10.500 ZEN (the player's choice);

The 2nd place: keyboard Cougar 200K, or 5.000 ZEN (the player's choice);

The 3rd place: mouse Cougar 200M, or 1.500 ZEN (the player's choice).

Addition 2
    1. Next fight is carried out without the use of an active artifact powers, the fight is limited to 5 minutes.
    2. If the opponents can not kill each other without the use of artifacts, participants take away Insignia bonus – this bonus is determined by the organizers / judges. Fight is limited to 5 minutes.
    3. If the opponents still can not kill each other, the situation is allowed by the organizers / judges in accordance with paragraph 9.1.
    Post edited by espeeo on
  • Options

Can we eventually merge the 2 servers? That would mean we'd get espeeo as a community moderator right?

It's impossible - I don't speak English :)
    I am pleased to read your words o:)
  • Options
    Hi, guys!

As you know, we had another tournament on Saturday - «Holy underwear» for Oathbound Paladins.
    Thanks to all who're watching us (video - and sorry for Russian ;) ).

Now we're planning champonship for TRs, and it will be held on March, 4th. I'll be glad to see you on my stream :)
  • Options
    And about idea of cross-server PvP (on PreviewServer or Lurker)...
    my ping to Dragon:

my ping to Drider (RU):