test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[OBSOLETE] Devoted Cleric Divine Oracle Virtuous-Faithful PVE-PVP hybrid build

arcofortep12arcofortep12 Member Posts: 2,265 Arc User
edited January 2016 in The Temple
OBSOLETE

Style of Play: In PVE you are very good at mitigating damage and good at healing (but it requires more abilty than a Faitful spec). You are going to buff your allies through Gift of Haste (more AP when they receive healing) and Hastening Light (reduced cooldown with their powers), to make the best from Hastening Light focus on Recovery and a cloak that make you gain AP. You aren't going to bring DPS to the party, Astral Fury is there to let you better survive while soloing.
In PVP you heal the wounds of your allies and buff them a bit; you also debuff opponents thanks to the power Break the Spirit and strive to conquer nodes with the help of Sun Burst, you aren't going to be unbreakable like with a Faithful so better be geared up, or just die and restart your support play.

DPS: Low in PVP, Low in groups, Low to Medium while soloing.

CC
: None in large groups and PVP, Low in little groups and solo play.

BUFFS: High.

MITIGATION: Very High.

PVP: Medium performance.

Heroic Feats: Greater Fortune (3), Toughness (3), Healing Action (3), Holy Resolve (3), Weapon Mastery (3), Repurpose Soul (3), Bountiful Fortune (5).

Virtuous Feats: Lasting Wishes (5), Have Faith (5), Gift of Haste (5), Purity (5), Cleansing Fire (5), Shield of the Divine (1).

Faithful Feats: Desperate Restoration (5), Benefit of Foresight (5).

Righteous Feats: Astral Fury (5).

Powers (PVE with large groups): Astral Seal (3), Divine Glow (+Divinity) (4), Bastion of Health (+Divinity) OR Healing Word (3), Astral Shield OR Break the Spirit (bosses, +Divinity) (3/4), Foresight (4), Hastening Light (3), Hallowed Ground (4).

Powers (PVE soloing or with little groups): Lance of Faith OR Astral Seal (3), Daunting Light (+Divinity) (4), Divine Glow (4), Chains of Blazing Light (3/4), Prophetic Action (4), Terrifying Insight (3/4), Flame Strike (3), Hallowed Ground (3).

Powers (PVP): Astral Seal (3), Healing Word OR Bastion Of Health (+Divinity) (3), Break the Spirit (+Divinity) (3), Sun Burst (3), Foresight (4), Prophetic Action (4), Hammer of Fate (3), Hallowed Ground (3).

Advice: Boost CHA>WIS>STR in this order, also Recovery>Critical Strike>Power in this order. I suggest you to run with a Plague Fire/Terror (good debuff valid for the entire party) in the Weapon Enhancement slot and a Lesser Soulforged (PVE) or a Negation (PVP) in the Armor Enhancement slot. Also run with a cloak that can boost your AP gain.

Comment: For PVP Sun Burst is useful for conquering the node faster and for briefly healing near allies, Break the Spirit weaken the opponents and let your allies take better care of them.
In PVE, while soloing or with little groups, Chains of Blazing Light gives DPS and a bit of CC but the true star is Daunting Light in Divinity mode (lot of DPS in rapid succession!); when playing with large groups Divine Glow (for increased mitigation and debuff) and Bastion of Health (for faster healing) should receive Divinity.
A Virtuous is a path less easier than a Righteous, it's more for expert players and altruists.

Enjoy.
Sunrise_Knights.jpg

- All I say it's just my opinion. Peace. -
- Sunrise Knights are always recruiting active good-hearted players ;) 'Let the Sun shine!' -
Post edited by arcofortep12 on

Comments

• mjonismjonis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Interesting. Is sooth any good? Originally it was useless as the mobs would attack you no matter what.
  • putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    @arcofortep12: Thanks for the write up. Some would disagree on your use of Astral Fury but I totally agree with it. There's only so much sacrificing of personal DPS you can handle before pursuing boons, farming rp, etc becomes to challenging to keep your build current.

Personally I am not a fan of using feats, companions, etc to reduce agro. While it does increase personal survive-ability, that damage goes somewhere. It's kind of like when you run with a TR or multiple TRs in dungeon. That stealth means that three or four people are sharing the damage of what could be five people. Which is why a GWF is often more popular for me to use as a striker (obviously a stunner TR can make up for this lack of agro using cc, but a semi-perma dps TR can make the run painful).

I think the choice to only use the sooth in the large groups (i.e. dragons, heralds, tiamat) is good. Reducing 1 out of 25 targets agro is good when its a healer. I wouldn't do it in a five man dungeon run.

@mjonis I think sooth always worked, but the effects are only a reduction of mob attention based on the agro calculations. For me it seems like if I have a good GF in party I'm in the bottom of the damage received chart comparable to the TRs. No GF and I'm using #1 or 2 on the damage received chart. There is no middle ground. lol
  • geppokiwigeppokiwi Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    @arcofortep12 Your build is very intresting. Can you post any screnns of your stats, gear, artfacts and companions, please?
  • putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    I would agree with arco's assessment. Right now (as it has always been) the DC is an evolutionary class. When running with lower ilvl groups people will look for massive heals. As the teams ilvl goes up they will start to look for heals + ap gain. When you get to high ilvl groups they will be more interested in your support as buff/debuff/dps with minor heals to fill in for lifesteal.

My personal recommendation is that for your end game gear, artifact, and companions you focus on a buff/debuff/dps build. Why? because these items are harder to replace and require a significant investment. Whereas enchants don't bind and are more flexible for replacing.

power/crit for potency of heals and damage
    recovery for more frequent encounters, dailys, and at-wills

armor pen to taste :smile:
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    putzboy78 said:

I would agree with arco's assessment. Right now (as it has always been) the DC is an evolutionary class. When running with lower ilvl groups people will look for massive heals. As the teams ilvl goes up they will start to look for heals + ap gain. When you get to high ilvl groups they will be more interested in your support as buff/debuff/dps with minor heals to fill in for lifesteal.

My personal recommendation is that for your end game gear, artifact, and companions you focus on a buff/debuff/dps build. Why? because these items are harder to replace and require a significant investment. Whereas enchants don't bind and are more flexible for replacing.

power/crit for potency of heals and damage
    recovery for more frequent encounters, dailys, and at-wills

armor pen to taste :smile:

A righteous dc well played in a dungeon is strong as faithfull and virtuous when we talk about heals. THE last thing i saw in a demogorgon fight was lazy faithfulls watching me die because they casted all their encounters so the gift to storre as much i can. AFTER that i decided to make a rigtheous one dragonborn focused on critical and power wisdom and strength.
    at 2500k ( with azure 7 on utility need exp for more power points and for demogorgon original level lets say 2300) in demogorgon without paladin around i keep everyone alive with just 1 feat from the virtuous heal 10%. THE only poeple dieing are those running away from heals its their problem.
    I like this tree can do everything even if i slot only the divine glow i still i can contribute to damage and heal and the same time and buffs from righteous tree.
  • therbintherbin Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    What companions do you recommend?