or

16% Lifesteal Chance
Post edited by niadan on

Comments

• Options
    vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Do you mean in PvP or in PvE?

I'd go with HP in either case. 98K HP combined with shield can withstand most burst attacks, and with your Renegade capstone lifesteal becomes less of an issue.

If you're in a party, a higher HP pool will make it easier for your healer to keep you alive also.

If you've got a large HP pool and want to invest in lifesteal, then yeah, they make a very good combination :D. But HP first for me.
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • Options
    smulchsmulch Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    why not both of? use the hp/lifesteal enchants in def slots!
  • Options
    aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    How much lifesteal are you adding that 16% to? I don't know what a dependable level of lifesteal is, but with a dependable level, you won't need as many hit points.

If you can change back affordably, I'd try the lifesteal.
  • Options
    niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    aulduron wrote: »
    How much lifesteal are you adding that 16% to? I don't know what a dependable level of lifesteal is, but with a dependable level, you won't need as many hit points.

If you can change back affordably, I'd try the lifesteal.

Anyone that has really looked at how the numbers for stats add up, quickly realizes that Armour pieces are more for defensive stats of HP, LS, and if you PVP (I do not) Tenacity. Once you max out your Artifacts, weapons, Companions, and Jewelry, there is very little difference in meaningful offensive stat increases coming from increasing Armour levels. So, I am playing around with how I can maximize my LS without sacrificing my HP, too much. The real question is, "How effective is LS at various percentages?" All I can say is that after I went over 12%, I did start to "notice" my LS working to my advantage. I am taking all the LS, HP, and Healing Boons. I would be very interested in what anyone thinks about where the "ideal" LS percentage should be. I just think more is better, but not sure where that line is between LS and HP in Mod 6.
  • Options
    smulchsmulch Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Personally, I think the ideal lifesteal is around 20% for a CW. That said, it is not achievable for me. I'll cap around 17%
  • Options
    angrymanagementangrymanagement Member Posts: 487 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    You might as well go for the Savages :D
  • Options
    aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I was thinking 20% would be good too. I've only had mine up to about 12%.
  • Options
    gildriadorgildriador Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    smulch wrote: »
    Personally, I think the ideal lifesteal is around 20% for a CW. That said, it is not achievable for me. I'll cap around 17%

I'm interested to know if you are satisfied with 17% LifeSteal or it's not enough.

I have currently only 7% life steal and I have the same dilemma.

How much radiant I will change for dark or savage enchantment to increase my life steal. It's hard to know...
    “He raised his staff. There was a roll of thunder. The sunlight was blotted out from the eastern windows; the whole hall became suddenly dark as night. The fire faded to sullen embers. Only Gandalf could be seen, standing white and tall before the blackened hearth.”
    ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Two Towers
  • Options
    niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Let me change the question.

What amount of LS% is equal to or better than 20K HP if you are already at 80K HP?
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    As the game stands right now, getting killed in a couple hits is a much bigger problem than getting picked apart. Personally, I'd go for hit points.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    wixxgs1chtwixxgs1cht Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I'm with Ironzerg. I'd go for HP all the way. I only have 6% LS and do perfectly fine since I only do group content either ways. Which means someone will heal you up somehow. The only instances I really die if I get hit for more than 90k since I sadly only have 89k HP. So yeah. HP all the way!
  • Options
    beatannierbeatannier Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 692 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Side note
    While I disagree with OP with many things, he asks a significant questions I find valuable myself, like the power vs crit before.

Answer
    It depends

Well, we can always get 1-hitted and die because of lack of HP.
    We can also die cause of lack of LS even with higher pool of HP.

Simplification

Because it`s complicated, Let`s assume we live long enough to ignore the death aspect and attack often enough and with enought DPS to life steal effectively.

Radiant Enchantment, Rank 12
    +2800 HP
    Radiant increases our survivality by 2800, compared to our Maximum HP.

Survivality boost = 2800 / Maximum HP

Ex.
    At 50,000 HP, single Radiant will give us 2800/50,000 = 5.6% Survivality boost.
    At 100,000 HP, single Radiant will give us 2800/100,000 = 2.8% Survivality boost.
    At 140,000 HP, single Radiant will give us 2800/140,000 = 2% Survivality boost.

Dark Enchantment, Rank 12
    +700 LS
    Dark increases our LifeSteal by 700, divided by 400 it`s +1.75% Life Steal Chance.

Survivality boost depends on current Life Steal Chance and current Life Steal vs All Incoming Healing ratio.
    Having X% Lifesteal Chance, Dark will increase total Life Steal amount by around 1.75% * (100% / X%).

Ex.
    At 5% Life Steal Chance, Life Steal amount will increase by 1.75% * (100% / 5%) = 35%.
    At 10% Life Steal Chance, Life Steal amount will increase by 1.75% * (100% / 10%) = 17.5%.
    At 14% Life Steal Chance, Life Steal amount will increase by 1.75% * (100% / 14%) = 12.5%.

Because of Life Steal is only part of all Healing, we need to divide this amount by LifeSteal vs All Incoming Healing ratio.
    Once we get Life Steal amount increase, we need to multiply it by LifeSteal vs All Incoming Healing ratio.

Ex.
    At 1,000,000 Life Steal Healing and 4,000,000 Total Healing (including Lifesteal), the ratio will be 1,000,000/4,000,000 = 25%.
    At 3,000,000 Life Steal Healing and 4,000,000 Total Healing (including Lifesteal), the ratio will be 3,000,000/4,000,000 = 75%.
    At 3,600,000 Life Steal Healing and 4,000,000 Total Healing (including Lifesteal), the ratio will be 3,600,000/4,000,000 = 90%.

Survivality boost = 1.75% * (100% / Life Steal Chance) * (Life Steal Healing / Total Incoming Healing)

Ex.
    At 5% Life Steal Chance, 1,000,000 Life Steal Healing and 8,000,000 Total Healing, single Dark will give us 1.75% * (100% / 5%) * (1,000,000 / 8,000,000) = 4.38% Survivality boost.
    At 10% Life Steal Chance, 3,000,000 Life Steal Healing and 8,000,000 Total Healing, single Dark will give us 1.75% * (100% / 10%) * (3,000,000 / 8,000,000) = 6.56% Survivality boost.
    At 14% Life Steal Chance, 5,000,000 Life Steal Healing and 8,000,000 Total Healing, single Dark will give us 1.75% * (100% / 14%) * (5,000,000 / 8,000,000) = 7.81% Survivality boost.

Savage Enchantment, Rank 12
    +1680 HP
    +420 LS
    Savage, in fact, provides 60% of Radiant Enchantment boost and 60% of Dark Enchantment boost.
    Survivality boost will be as simple as (Radiant boost + Dark boost) * 60%.

Survivality boost = ((2800 / Maximum HP) + (1.75% * (100% / Life Steal Chance) * (Life Steal Healing / Total Incoming Healing))) * 60%

Summary
    It depends on three statistics:
    • Maximum Hit Points
    • Life Steal Chance
    • Life Steal Healing vs Total Incomming Healing ratio

Appendix
    Ways to collect required data:
    1. Use Advanced Combat Tracker - Neverwinter:
      • Life Steal amount: All → characterName → Healed (inc) → Health Steal
      • Total Incoming Healing: All → characterName → Healed (inc) → All
    2. Use my topic dedicated, Neverwinter: LifeSteal vs HP simple application (it requires you to compile it, but shows what enchantments are best without any calculations).

PS
    My app confirmed my previous calculations and I leave my Defense Enchantments without change: Savage.

LSvsHP__Benio.png