Install Arc

PVE GWF seems to be excessively powerful

13»

Comments

• suddenlyslowsuddenlyslow Member Posts: 818 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    zacazu wrote: »
    i can includ cw too, but lets go.

"Strikers specialize in mobility and damage output. These combatants focus on disposing threats as quickly as possible by doing as much damage as they can, as quickly as they can, without enemies retaliating."

be striker is have 2 characteristics, not only do damage, but do damage w/o retaliation.

what class is able to do more damage they can w/o retaliation? a guy that can mitigate 15% thanks to tab and 30% run to the combat or... a invisible/controller charater? for how much time a rogue and gwf can do damage w/o TAKE damage using only the own mechanicals?

in the past and it is more cleare now, gwf cant do that damage w/o retaliation BUT thats happening because your secundary function; defender. since m4 gc determinine that: destroyers are not defenders. the game changes made this true in pve (solo still tank very well).

so, i will include rogues and cws; (sws are nerfed and rangers today dont have a striker tree i guess) what class is better to do damage w/o retaliation? now, better question: what class can do damage w/o retaliation AND HELP OTHER CLASSES DO TO DAMAGE W/O RETALIATION?

rogues do very well the first paper (do damage w/o relatiation) and still have your secundary function. should be overdped by gwfs. cws are even primary strikers and is far better to do damage w/o retaliation. dont should compete too. sws and rangers is another discussion, more internal than external lets be honest. hr for example seens a different class every module.

ps: my big problem about up the damage of other strikers is HOW do that. in what circunstances? (staks+slow melee burst or insane aoe/dot/cc?) about down the damage of gwf is: what is the compensation for that? a will back to tank? receive utility? will have better mechanics than stacks?

I am not quite sure what you are trying to say here. Are you arguing that a GWF is not a striker? I can guarantee you that a GWF is certainly a striker and I would advise you to not base your argument that it isn't from some random site with a loose definition of what a striker is -- heck you can read even more definitions from said site and see they have no relevance with what is in this game.
  • zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    striker is a guy that do damage w/o take damage in a lot of definitions.

http://dnd4.wikia.com/wiki/Leader#Leader
    Strikers specialize in dealing high amounts of damage to a single target at a time. They have the most concentrated offense of any character in the game. Strikers rely on superior mobility, trickery, or magic to move around tough foes and single out the enemy they want to attack.

A striker primarily eliminates single threats by closing with a target quickly and safely, then rapidly dealing damage to it. The rogue is the classic striker class.[PH:15]

see the definition of stealth in this part?

what i say here is: gwf is a amazing striker in the damage side: do a lot of damage, but that is not "safely". do that "safely" is part do be a striker. and, over the top, dont have a secundary function today.

ps: for this i said: if is to work gwf to pvp, need be instigators:

"The Instigator combines cunning and strength to harnesses the ferocity of battle into precision attacks and tatical maneuvers." the definition is there, need the tools... hahha