test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Knight of the Feywild Pack

aristofanusaristofanus Member Posts: 51 Arc User
edited May 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
Three questions abt this pack:
1. Does it give 1 free character slot?
2. Does companion conrol resist bonus of 50% works correctly in IWD PvP?
3. What else is useful in this pack in the long run?
Thanks -)

P/S. Big thx for Cryptic for making this pack accesible via Zen Market! Great idea!
Post edited by aristofanus on

Comments

• Options
    rovadixrovadix Member Posts: 55
    edited May 2015
    as for 1 character slot - yes, it does
  • Options
    praxismirrorspraxismirrors Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    1) yes
    2) no idea, you'd have to do your own testing. I've never bothered using it as an active companion due to the fact that there have always been better options imo.
    3)Account-wide epic mount, if you haven't already purchased one from the zen store then this alone pays for a bit more than half of the pack.
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Wot #2 and #3 says.

As for the 50% control resists (shortens cc time) - I dunno about PvP - however: active bonuses that have different affects for PvE and PvP will often specify this by stating "[different] against other players" The Sylph's active bonus says:

"50% Control Resist"

It does not say "chance".
    It does not say "once per every xxseconds"
    It does not say "xx against other players"

It says: "50% Control Resistance" - full stop. Which is why in the 'old days" people complained it was "over powered" and "unfair" and "pay-to-win" and all that nonsense. I consider it the best (as in "must-have") companion of the entire possible lot. Even better than the Guardian of the North Dire Wolf (which gives 5% chance to interrupt - but only a chance).

I *presume* (could be very wrong) that it works as advertised against all hostiles, including other players in PvP: you break out of cc in half the time of normal.
  • Options
    aristofanusaristofanus Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    thnx all for responses and especially Angrysprite for clarifying question with CC resist.
    Can anyone expalin me, what "interrupt" actually means? What is going on with enemy when i "interrupt" him?
  • Options
    iamannoyingdeviliamannoyingdevil Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Can anyone expalin me, what "interrupt" actually means? What is going on with enemy when i "interrupt" him?

it means that if the enemy is in the process of casting a power you will stop them .
  • Options
    alkemist80alkemist80 Member Posts: 957 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I picked up the Guardian pack today, honestly I am feeling guilty not getting the Feywild pack instead. The vicious dire wolf active bonus isn't performing as I had hoped (maybe if I was playing a class with DOTs but underwhelming for OP), a straight up % from the slyph would of been better IMO.

Not only that but you get a race unlock, account wide unicorn mount and costume (if you are into that sort of thing) all for the same price. The guardian pack came with a bunch of useless junk, only the mount and companion was worth anything (IMO).
    Banshee (Devotion Justice Oathbound Paladin) - Crueladevil (Soulbinder Damnation Scourge Warlock) - Sindania Balefire (Master Infiltrator Trickster Rogue)

werewolf.jpg
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Please note that "control resist" means that the duration of control effects is reduced - it doesn't grant any sort of immunity.

The Dire Wolf's interrupt is a chance at stopping an enemy's action which can be interrupted - in other words, there is a "window of opportunity" during which you can interrupt enemies, and even then, there are some enemies that are immune to it.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    ...as a rough calculation, the Dire Wolf will cancel 5% of attacks against you (ignoring the issue with resistances). Around half of those that matter you'd probably have dodged anyway. So it's somewhat on par with the Halfling racial treat - can in the lucky moment make all the difference, but overall it's not that good. And the mount looks cool, but it's blue rarity grade, and upgrading it to purple isn't exactly cheap...

Feywild - the Sylph works well in PvE. Can't say either way for IwD PvP because I never tried taking her out of the slot. The Unicorn is a purple steed, and unless you you take a dislike to the looks you won't ever need another mount for pracical reasons - until maybe the mount-in-combat thing will come up.
  • Options
    alkemist80alkemist80 Member Posts: 957 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    ...as a rough calculation, the Dire Wolf will cancel 5% of attacks against you (ignoring the issue with resistances). Around half of those that matter you'd probably have dodged anyway. So it's somewhat on par with the Halfling racial treat - can in the lucky moment make all the difference, but overall it's not that good. And the mount looks cool, but it's blue rarity grade, and upgrading it to purple isn't exactly cheap...

The mount is 110% speed. It's just not a purple epic color. I wish it was a heavier horse like the Clydesdale though.

I did find that the dire wolf is actually pretty good for my MoF CW, since she has all those DOTs. Makes a good physical companion right now too, with good CC type affect with the light knockback. Haven't leveled it to 30 yet for the "take down" affect but I always enjoyed that skill.
    Banshee (Devotion Justice Oathbound Paladin) - Crueladevil (Soulbinder Damnation Scourge Warlock) - Sindania Balefire (Master Infiltrator Trickster Rogue)

werewolf.jpg