test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Item Level

falseempfalseemp Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 16 Arc User
edited May 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
I see we can now see other peoples Item level, sigh

I'd assumed that we couldn't see them was deliberate with the change from gear score. To stop the gear score snobs being about to kick people just because they had a 2.29K item level when they'd asked for 2.3K.

It's a real shame, all that's been done is to swap one meaning less number for another. Yes having a higher score makes victory more likely, but we all know bad players with high scores who are less useful that so low score alts with good players.

It's yet another bad design decision...
Post edited by falseemp on

Comments

• Options
    carrytiexcarrytiex Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Yeah it's completely a bad decision ignoring the fact that because we could now view item level, we managed to take a guildie to elol because they were under the item level limit and were able to figure out how exactly to improve their gear. People are going to judge you no matter what, if there's no item level then they'll just judge you for the colour of your artifacts. Honestly, it's the complaining that gave us an even worse indication of progress. I just wish they gave us back the ability to inspect other instances. For one thing it helped figure out who wanted a guild invite just to try and steal bank stuff as well as look at how guildies are doing. Even if they removed item level, it's not going to change attitudes.
  • Options
    suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    falseemp wrote: »
    [...]
    Yes having a higher score makes victory more likely, [...]

...or not. It's borked by the current bug-fest, it's maipulatable by plain useless, but highly upgraded stuff like Dragon's Hoards, only cares for gear equip level and rarity...

Not wanting to lessen your argument about skill at all...

[...]
    It's yet another bad design decision...

...so why am I not surprised?
  • Options
    rinat114rinat114 Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Good god stop whining, it was a BUG, not intended. Inspection shall be fixed soon I believe, and we're back to how it was before this mod. These elitism arguments are embarrassing, if you get kicked because of your iLevel then stop pugging. Like it was super hard for people to guess your estimated iLevel BEFORE the change with just inspecting your gear. Call it a day and give it a rest.
  • Options
    falseempfalseemp Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    rinat114 wrote: »
    Good god stop whining, it was a BUG, not intended. Inspection shall be fixed soon I believe, and we're back to how it was before this mod. These elitism arguments are embarrassing, if you get kicked because of your iLevel then stop pugging. Like it was super hard for people to guess your estimated iLevel BEFORE the change with just inspecting your gear. Call it a day and give it a rest.

The point of a forum is to have your say, you can say what you want as long as it isn't offensive. I can say I don't like something and you say you don't agree with me that's fine, but to tell me I can't say it in the first place is rubbish.

How about you act like an adult and stop trying to shout people down who don't agree with your point of view.
  • Options
    senterionosenteriono Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The point of a forum is to have your say, you can say what you want as long as it isn't offensive. I can say I don't like something and you say you don't agree with me that's fine, but to tell me I can't say it in the first place is rubbish.

How about you act like an adult and stop trying to shout people down who don't agree with your point of view.

LOL maybe read his comment agian
  • Options
    query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Meh. ILv is a pretty meaningless stat. You can raise you ILv with hoards in utilities. parties that win are composed of people who understand the game. People who think ILv is important do not understand the game. Hence not being in parties with ILv snobs makes you much more likely to succeed.....
  • Options
    rinat114rinat114 Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    edited May 2015

Lol. Stop being mad, I'm an adult alright. This is what you get for assuming things are intended and not bugged. Be realistic - this is a game. If they wanted to remove measurement whatsoever, you could never inspect anyone, let alone speak about the iLevel system because it wouldn't exist. If you're having trouble with people kicking you for it, as I said and suggested, either stop queueing into random instances and get a party premade, or be in a proper guild. This is an MMO, not a free folk festival.
  • Options
    drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Considering that iLvl is more about what rank the enchants you have slotted and the level your artis are, than it is the gear you have earned or made. iLvl is 100% irrelevant and I will tell you how it is irrelevant.

I know a VERY hard hitting TR that got his first purple epic level arti weapon... his iLvl is just over 2.4k. His artifacts are all purple, his gear is blue, his stones are about r7. This TR out DPS'd a SW by 5 million in a dungeon. This SW's iLvl is well over 3.2k iL and his power was higher than the TR's.

This TR has about 15k power and 6k of each ArP and Crit. When a TR can do 40 million damage in eLol with a 2.4k iLvl... what good is iLvl?

BTW... this TR is MI/Exec.
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • Options
    phranklinmagnumphranklinmagnum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    drkbodhi wrote: »
    Considering that iLvl is more about what rank the enchants you have slotted and the level your artis are, than it is the gear you have earned or made. iLvl is 100% irrelevant and I will tell you how it is irrelevant.

I know a VERY hard hitting TR that got his first purple epic level arti weapon... his iLvl is just over 2.4k. His artifacts are all purple, his gear is blue, his stones are about r7. This TR out DPS'd a SW by 5 million in a dungeon. This SW's iLvl is well over 3.2k iL and his power was higher than the TR's.

This TR has about 15k power and 6k of each ArP and Crit. When a TR can do 40 million damage in eLol with a 2.4k iLvl... what good is iLvl?

cool story bro
    2 Tears In A Bucket
  • Options
    phranklinmagnumphranklinmagnum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    drkbodhi wrote: »

cool story bro
    2 Tears In A Bucket