test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Drake Coins

mortalikus1mortalikus1 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
Just curious to find out what to do with surplus Drake Coins. I've got like 600 and I have no need for the gear anymore.

Is there something else these can be used on? Or, should I just use them to purchase drake gear and salvage it?
Post edited by mortalikus1 on

Comments

• thezer0fluxthezer0flux Member Posts: 412 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I use them as salvage quite a bit, but they're also good for refining artifact equipment. Purple/rare stuff expedites the refining process ;)
  • koloblikolobli Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Not sure how the exchange rate would fare but you could try to sell it on the AH. May have to sell for a slight loss. My reasoning is that it will follow the same logic of why people sell epics in the AH below salvage rate. You may be up to your neck in rough diamonds so this method allows you to sell your items below cost, the buyer acquires the epic items then has to move it rough diamonds and convert them over time.

This is one of the few "win win" situations I've witnessed with the economy, people who are patient or casual can pick up gear they otherwise couldn't acquire and pad out their diamonds over time. Wherein those hardcore farmers/consistent players can turn quick profit without being gated by the diamond conversion limit.
  • tomidius80tomidius80 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    First off, it maxes at 500
    Second off, Kolobil.. the items cannot be traded...

You can break down the items into your artifacts or you can raise your rough AD pool.. Thats about it.
  • nem3slsnem3sls Member Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Buy t2 gear and refine it to raw ad, you could wait for double ad but I guess this won't happen anytime soon again.
    The Legendary Outlaws

maintaining HR, DC, GWF, TR, SW, CW, OP, 4 Kids and 1 wife :p Dungeon runs anyone?

Tweet me @ nem3sis_AUT
    Streaming NWXbox daily @ 7PM CEST My Twitch
    When is this for you? Worldtime Buddy

I miss you Boo :(
  • mortalikus1mortalikus1 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    tomidius80 wrote: »

You can break down the items into your artifacts or you can raise your rough AD pool.. Thats about it.

Maybe I exaggerated a bit, but i must be at the max then.

Thanks for the tips, guys. Will probably feed my artifact bow with drake equipment.
  • therealshakur70therealshakur70 Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    if you are going to buy items with the drake coins to salvage then I would recommend getting the rings, they are the best bang for the buck in terms of coins spent vs RAD. as for refinement I wouldn't know.
  • wanderingkyngwanderingkyng Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Just curious to find out what to do with surplus Drake Coins. I've got like 600 and I have no need for the gear anymore.

Is there something else these can be used on? Or, should I just use them to purchase drake gear and salvage it?
    The most you can have is 500. They can be used for a variety of things beyond gear to wear but the two primary ones are:

- Buy items, salvage them, refine the diamonds, profit
    - Buy items, use them to refine artifact weapons or belts, profit
  • koloblikolobli Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    tomidius80 wrote: »

My apologies I thought drake coins could be traded like bounty stuff. In that case I don't have a creative solution but best of luck!
  • stiehl9sstiehl9s Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    You can score the Angel Companion for 300 of them
    edited May 2015
    stiehl9s wrote: »
    You can score the Angel Companion for 300 of them

you can get the warerat companion for 200 drake seals, the angel companion is a completely different currency.
  • stiehl9sstiehl9s Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    you can get the warerat companion for 200 drake seals, the angel companion is a completely different currency.

That's right! Thanks for the correction.
  • nem3slsnem3sls Member Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Angel only for ardent or celestial, I can't remember right now, Drake coins only for t2 gear
    The Legendary Outlaws

maintaining HR, DC, GWF, TR, SW, CW, OP, 4 Kids and 1 wife :p Dungeon runs anyone?

Tweet me @ nem3sis_AUT
    Streaming NWXbox daily @ 7PM CEST My Twitch
    When is this for you? Worldtime Buddy

I miss you Boo :(
  • theapostletheapostle Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Drake Coin? Are you talking about the Seal of the Drake?
    edited May 2015
    theapostle wrote: »
    Drake Coin? Are you talking about the Seal of the Drake?

yes thats correct