test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

eLoL drop rates reduced?

atlas77777atlas77777 Member Posts: 143 Arc User
My team has been farming several hours a day in eLoL for the last couple weeks. We do split loot runs and had been making an average of 500k each per day (2-3 hours weekdays, 5-6 hours weekends). We finish the dungeon in around 15 min, so it's been extremely profitable for us. We even got a horn of blasting and sold it for 4mil.

Last Sunday 5/24 we noticed a huge drop rate reduction. We farmed for roughly 6 hours Saturday and 6 hours Sunday. Saturday we had 2 greater marks of power, 4 draconic armor, 3 draconic weapons, and breyer's draconic investigations. Not to mention 2 of our guys got dex belts out of the chest. These drop rates were typical of the past couple weeks. On sunday we got 1 draconic armor at the end of 6 hours. On top of that, the left chest now keeps its contents unless you use the key (i.e., it will not change for the next dungeon unless you use an epic dungeon key). Monday, tuesday, wednesday - no drops, save a couple dreyer's books.

I know how drop rates work. I realize getting a horn was extremely lucky, but we had seen consistent drops- at least a draconic chest/weapon every hour minimum. This change literally occured overnight! What happened here? Did they break eLoL yet again? Lair of Lostmauth is THE endgame dungeon for this campaign. If we can't farm that, what are we supposed to do? Furthermore, there haven't been any horn of blastings on the AH since the last one sold. And that guy got his the day after my team did. Any other eLoL farming groups out there having the same issues?
-Rex, the Mad King of [Legendary Outlaws]

"I saw you out there. I don't know what came over me, but I couldn't let you die. I found something inside of myself, something incredibly heroic. I mean, not to brag, but objectively..." -Peter Quill

Rex IV Tact GF | tRex SS Rene CW | GT: G3TxxS0M3
Post edited by atlas77777 on

Comments

• lvlkarmalvllvlkarmalvl Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I'm curious to know if this was a seeming irregularity or if the problem continues to persist. I'd say that your Saturday example could be considered on the high end of "RNG luck" while the Sunday was the "low end".

If you're able to give an update after this upcoming weekend, I'm sure many others would like to know.

Also, can you confirm what you said about the chests and using a key. Is that a for sure thing, is it rather that was a "typical" loot roll for the chest? I get those poor loot roll chests a lot, but eventually it pulls something better even though I hadn't taken the loot. I mean, even the few times something like a DHoard drops and I don't take it it's not like the DHoard is waiting there next time so your theory seems flawed. Not trying to flame, honestly curious if there is evidence or a recorded pattern that can back up this claim.
  • wanderingkyngwanderingkyng Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    atlas77777 wrote: »
    My team has been farming several hours a day in eLoL for the last couple weeks. We do split loot runs and had been making an average of 500k each per day (2-3 hours weekdays, 5-6 hours weekends). We finish the dungeon in around 15 min, so it's been extremely profitable for us. We even got a horn of blasting and sold it for 4mil.

Last Sunday 5/24 we noticed a huge drop rate reduction. We farmed for roughly 6 hours Saturday and 6 hours Sunday. Saturday we had 2 greater marks of power, 4 draconic armor, 3 draconic weapons, and breyer's draconic investigations. Not to mention 2 of our guys got dex belts out of the chest. These drop rates were typical of the past couple weeks. On sunday we got 1 draconic armor at the end of 6 hours. On top of that, the left chest now keeps its contents unless you use the key (i.e., it will not change for the next dungeon unless you use an epic dungeon key). Monday, tuesday, wednesday - no drops, save a couple dreyer's books.

I know how drop rates work. I realize getting a horn was extremely lucky, but we had seen consistent drops- at least a draconic chest/weapon every hour minimum. This change literally occured overnight! What happened here? Did they break eLoL yet again? Lair of Lostmauth is THE endgame dungeon for this campaign. If we can't farm that, what are we supposed to do? Furthermore, there haven't been any horn of blastings on the AH since the last one sold. And that guy got his the day after my team did. Any other eLoL farming groups out there having the same issues?

One thing you say strikes me as odd. The mention of "the left chest now keeps its contents unless you use the key" - this is not new. It has ALWAYS required an Epic Dungeon Key. Your surprise by this leads me to believe that you may be comparing the drop rates during Dungeon Delves (during which the left chest is free) to the rates during regular times. The drop rates during Dungeon Delves are significantly higher, to the point where I run it infrequently between Dungeon Delves events. The rate during Dungeon Delves I have experienced is as you describe your "all the time" rate. The rate during regular runs I have experienced is as you describe occurring on Sunday. If you have been having better luck before then that's exactly what it is: luck. Have never experienced anything like the drop rate you describe originally outside of Dungeon Delves.
  • strictlyevilstrictlyevil Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    One thing you say strikes me as odd. The mention of "the left chest now keeps its contents unless you use the key" - this is not new. It has ALWAYS required an Epic Dungeon Key. Your surprise by this leads me to believe that you may be comparing the drop rates during Dungeon Delves (during which the left chest is free) to the rates during regular times. The drop rates during Dungeon Delves are significantly higher, to the point where I run it infrequently between Dungeon Delves events. The rate during Dungeon Delves I have experienced is as you describe your "all the time" rate. The rate during regular runs I have experienced is as you describe occurring on Sunday. If you have been having better luck before then that's exactly what it is: luck. Have never experienced anything like the drop rate you describe originally outside of Dungeon Delves.

You misunderstood what he was trying to say. He was saying that unless he used the key to accept what was in the chest on his current run it would force him to get the same chest content on each run thereafter until he accepted it and spent the key rather than backing out of the chest and saving the key for the next run.
    Ancient 18.8k CW | Ancient Heals 18k DC | Ancient Tank 22.2k GF | GT: XGC Army
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • nem3slsnem3sls Member Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I didn't encounter the same chest behavior, every run different things inside. Even without using the key before. Ahhh, I need to get one of these horns of blasting lol
    The Legendary Outlaws

maintaining HR, DC, GWF, TR, SW, CW, OP, 4 Kids and 1 wife :p Dungeon runs anyone?

Tweet me @ nem3sis_AUT
    Streaming NWXbox daily @ 7PM CEST My Twitch
    When is this for you? Worldtime Buddy

I miss you Boo :(
  • wanderingkyngwanderingkyng Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    You misunderstood what he was trying to say. He was saying that unless he used the key to accept what was in the chest on his current run it would force him to get the same chest content on each run thereafter until he accepted it and spent the key rather than backing out of the chest and saving the key for the next run.
    Ah I see. Well this is just bad luck. I've seen it be the same a few times in a row but then it changes. Just RNG, no need to use the keys.
  • atlas77777atlas77777 Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited May 2015

I apparently didn't explain the issue properly. It requires a key, but you don't have to use the key when you look inside. In ANY dungeon you can look inside and back out if it doesn't have what you what. Before we would look in it and not take it unless we had a free key or if it was delves.

Another note: we have really farmed this place. I don't mean we hop on and run a couple eLoL during delves. I mean we do 5 runs an hour for hours on end, and we've been doing this for weeks. We did the same thing in nSoT when the rings were the big money maker. The drop rates plummeted for a few days in there as well. My team may not be the best or the fastest, but we're close. First and second bosses die in 30-45 seconds, and lostmauth in 2 min total.

Currently, we noticed the left chest will only change if you take EITHER of the chests, while the chest on the right changes frequently. I literally ran 3 tests where I got a certain ring/neck WITH a greater dragon glyph, and 5 times IN A ROW I got the exact same chest. Dragon glyphs aren't typical, so it's a good way to test. Only because I didn't use a key on it. Once I used a key, the chest was different next run. And I'm not talking about drop rates from the chest when we get draconic armor/weapons- I'm talking about the boe drops from Lostmauth himself.

And still no explanation of why there have been no horn of blastings on the AH. Before this weekend there was almost always one up. And if more players have access to eLoL, then it follows that there should be many more draconic armor/weapons on the AH. There isn't a substantial difference. Trust me, we check the AH frequently because our cash flow is dependent on the market.

Anyway, I'll stream all weekend like we did last weekend.

"I saw you out there. I don't know what came over me, but I couldn't let you die. I found something inside of myself, something incredibly heroic. I mean, not to brag, but objectively..." -Peter Quill

• atlas77777atlas77777 Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I'm curious to know if this was a seeming irregularity or if the problem continues to persist. I'd say that your Saturday example could be considered on the high end of "RNG luck" while the Sunday was the "low end".

If you're able to give an update after this upcoming weekend, I'm sure many others would like to know.

Also, can you confirm what you said about the chests and using a key. Is that a for sure thing, is it rather that was a "typical" loot roll for the chest? I get those poor loot roll chests a lot, but eventually it pulls something better even though I hadn't taken the loot. I mean, even the few times something like a DHoard drops and I don't take it it's not like the DHoard is waiting there next time so your theory seems flawed. Not trying to flame, honestly curious if there is evidence or a recorded pattern that can back up this claim.

It was the same all weekend. We only take the left chest now during delves or with a daily key. I had the left chest as the same ring and greater dragon glyph for over 10 runs in a row. I'm starting to wonder if it's because we're the same group. We all have to leave party each time because we didn't take the chest. Still, it wasn't always like this. I would be seriously angry, but I found a dex belt out of the right chest yesterday so I can't complain too much (yet).