test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Network Upgrade 5/28 at 6PM PDT

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
We'll be having a network upgrade today at 6PM PDT. Gameplay may be affected, but it will only be temporary. Things should return to normal by tomorrow 5/29 at 10AM PDT. This affects both NWPC and NWXbox.

What time is this for you?

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    kitkathdkitkathd Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    We'll be having a network upgrade today at 6PM PDT. Gameplay may be affected, but it will only be temporary. Things should return to normal by tomorrow 5/29 at 10AM PDT. This affects both NWPC and NWXbox.

Will this solve the constant rubberbanding NWPC gets in Malabogs Castle and Shores of Teurn? And periodically in every other epic queue? Regardless of where we are in the world?
  • Options
    wanderingkyngwanderingkyng Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    kitkathd wrote: »
    Will this solve the constant rubberbanding NWPC gets in Malabogs Castle and Shores of Teurn? And periodically in every other epic queue? Regardless of where we are in the world?
    My money's on no.
  • Options
    pufpuffpasspufpuffpass Member Posts: 88
    edited May 2015
    New upgrade? Info about it? Will it bring a slew of new problems or fix the existing ones that run rampant?
  • Options
    monktoastymonktoasty Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Good to hear!!

Every little bit helps..it may not solve all the lag issues but, its a delight to hear theres progress.
  • Options
    edited May 2015

Could you possibly expand upon how gameplay 'may be affected' and what you mean by 'temporary'? Is that 18 hour window what you mean by 'temporary', or do you mean the servers may come down temporarily, like for a random moment or two? Should we expect the game to be especially laggy this evening, or unplayable? It's a Friday night so servers are going to be loaded. I'd love a little more detail.

Also I forgot to mention this is AWESOME NEWS, I'm just curious about the impact.
  • Options
    xxamaraxxxxamaraxx Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2015

The patch notes are from 5/4/2015........so yea almost 30 days old nothing about this current one.......
  • Options
    strictlyevilstrictlyevil Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    This isn't a patch. It's a network upgrade, meaning they are upgrading some of their in house software and hardware. It may affect the game because the game runs on those things but it isn't something that's directly related to the game.
    Ancient 18.8k CW | Ancient Heals 18k DC | Ancient Tank 22.2k GF | GT: XGC Army
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    therealshakur70therealshakur70 Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Could you possibly expand upon how gameplay 'may be affected' and what you mean by 'temporary'? Is that 18 hour window what you mean by 'temporary', or do you mean the servers may come down temporarily, like for a random moment or two? Should we expect the game to be especially laggy this evening, or unplayable? It's a Friday night so servers are going to be loaded. I'd love a little more detail.

Also I forgot to mention this is AWESOME NEWS, I'm just curious about the impact.

I was booted to dashboard 7 times in one single PK run along with 2 other group members. so I'm guessing this is what it means by 'may be affected'
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    I was booted to dashboard 7 times in one single PK run along with 2 other group members. so I'm guessing this is what it means by 'may be affected'

Except the network upgrade hasn't started yet... so nope. 6pm PDT isn't for another 5ish hours! Heh
  • Options
    theapostletheapostle Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Except the network upgrade hasn't started yet... so nope. 6pm PDT isn't for another 5ish hours! Heh

Check the date on OP. This topic was referring to yesterday. :)
  • Options
    theapostletheapostle Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I'm still having severe issues. I have lag and rubberbanding. Also, I died once because the game froze.
  • Options
    dreampagehundreampagehun Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Today I tried to play but the freezes were worse than ever. I was alone in a dungeon (Mithral Mine) and the game froze at the beginning of every encounter. At the first batch of enemies the game froze for at least 20-25 seconds and the next thing I saw was that the enemies somehow kicked me all the way to the location of the boss! I could finish the dungeon but I've never seen this. Is this somehow connected to this network upgrade? The game now feels even worse than before. Will it get better?
    Guardian Fighter | Total Item Level: 2600+