test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Power Points after Level 70

darwinsradiodarwinsradio Member Posts: 61 Arc User
edited May 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
ok when I hit level "71" I got an experience bonus chest with a power point. When I hit level "72" I got a bonus chest with a blood ruby. Do you not get a power point every "level" after 70? If not how often do you get one?
Post edited by darwinsradio on

Comments

• darwinsradiodarwinsradio Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    well that sucks...
  • vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    ok when I hit level "71" I got an experience bonus chest with a power point. When I hit level "72" I got a bonus chest with a blood ruby. Do you not get a power point every "level" after 70? If not how often do you get one?

A blood ruby? - you are very lucky.

I've managed:

1) 30,000 rAD
    2) Rank 5 Enchants
    3) Black Opal
    4) Companion and Experience Tomes
    5) Power point

So, yep, not all the time.
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • jharlisjharlis Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2015
    Aren't you having fun grinding 700k xp?
    Come on.....
    Out of the 4 last overflow rewards i got only one pp.... that's 2,8m xp >_>
  • vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I've taken to Azure enchants on some of my utility slots now that dragon hoard isn't working as *I* intended. Just rank 5's but they bump up exp gain to about +30% over 4 slots. Helps gather XP faster for those elusive PP :)
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • discoricediscorice Member Posts: 371 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    by the time mod 6 dropped I already had 89 points to spend on my main. Man that's gonna suck on the rest of my characters.
    Fear Of A Disco Planet
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    discorice wrote: »
    by the time mod 6 dropped I already had 89 points to spend on my main. Man that's gonna suck on the rest of my characters.

...this sounds improbable - I had 81 and all boxes ticked. After that I only got "stuffz" type rewards.
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I have 4 toons at 70 who have flipped at least twice apiece on rewards and got nada on power points, its really depressing, getting like 3 rank 5s.. arrrgh to you rng!
  • zvieriszvieris Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    My Paladin endured 5 rolls in a row with no power point. That's 3.5m exp and a lot of giant grinding with azures... So yeah, my Paladin is warming the bench now.

Things like this are halting character progression and that's definitely not suited for western audience at all.
  • k3ll0k3ll0 Member Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Uh, pretty sure most games kinda just plain stop giving you the equivalents once you hit the level cap. "Western audience" seems to have had preciously little problem with that kind of thing thus far.
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    edited May 2015

Blood ruby, nice. I have three toons that had almost all power points before mode 6, and I've never seen a blood ruby. Afraid its gonna be downhill from here. Wait till you get that one peridot for reward.
  • zvieriszvieris Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    k3ll0 wrote: »
    Uh, pretty sure most games kinda just plain stop giving you the equivalents once you hit the level cap. "Western audience" seems to have had preciously little problem with that kind of thing thus far.

Because the majority of players have gotten enough power points for their main chars since before mod 6 when you needed 3 times less exp for the reward and daily quests gave 3 times more exp. The people that are having trouble are new players and players that started a new character.

For example, I couldn't care less if my gwf gets a pp or no as he's already at like 90 points in total, while my paladin needs at the very least 6 points so I could get one rotation ready. More if I wanted to alternate. Seeing how long that's going to take I just gave up and went back to my gwf.
  • spiffyjimspiffyjim Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    zvieris wrote: »
    Because the majority of players have gotten enough power points for their main chars since before mod 6 when you needed 3 times less exp for the reward and daily quests gave 3 times more exp. The people that are having trouble are new players and players that started a new character.

For example, I couldn't care less if my gwf gets a pp or no as he's already at like 90 points in total, while my paladin needs at the very least 6 points so I could get one rotation ready. More if I wanted to alternate. Seeing how long that's going to take I just gave up and went back to my gwf.

I completely agree. My DC has received 2 out of a possible 4 opportunities, and my GWF has 3 out of 4. For me the main benefit of the bonus points is that I don't need to respec if I decide I want 4-out of a specific encounter/at-will power. And since respeccing is so expensive (to do more than the odd time), they either need to make power points consistent (i.e., for each level) or don't give them at all. I just don't think it's something in this game that needs to be RNG.
  • nehemiah217nehemiah217 Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Random thought here.... Do you get to keep all PP's earned via overflow xp when you do a respec?
  • lesplelesple Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Random thought here.... Do you get to keep all PP's earned via overflow xp when you do a respec?

Yes, you keep all the pp, boons etc. you already have acquired.
    What's a signature and what does it do?
  • championshewolfchampionshewolf Member Posts: 601 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    spiffyjim wrote: »
    I completely agree. My DC has received 2 out of a possible 4 opportunities, and my GWF has 3 out of 4. For me the main benefit of the bonus points is that I don't need to respec if I decide I want 4-out of a specific encounter/at-will power. And since respeccing is so expensive (to do more than the odd time), they either need to make power points consistent (i.e., for each level) or don't give them at all. I just don't think it's something in this game that needs to be RNG.

Why do you need 6 more points for a rotation?
  • lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Why do you need 6 more points for a rotation?

Rank 4 powers+alternatives for them for different situation/build?
    Come on, that was kind of obvious.