test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[UGC] The Cursed Emerald: Chapter 2 - The Ambitious Apprentice

mosby1mosby1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 288 Bounty Hunter
edited May 2015 in Foundry Quest Database
Starting a thread so reviews can be done in one place. I'll gladly trade reviews. Thanks in advance!

The%2BAmbitious%2BApprentice-small.png

Campaign: The Cursed Emerald
Quest: Chapter 2 - The Ambitious Apprentice
Author: mosby1
Short Code: NW-DLRAVW4S4
Type: Story, Combat, Puzzles

A messenger just brought you word that your friend Captain Dorian has been arrested. He wants you to meet him in the Protector's Enclave Holding Facility.

Your mission is to gain the trust of the wizard Tephra's apprentices. Can you put up with their abuse while you impress them with your skills, or charm them with your witty banter?

PLAYERS: 1 or 2
DURATION: ~35 minutes
COMBAT: Light/Moderate (in-quest "Magic Items" can be used to defeat mobs)
DIALOGUE: Moderate, with skip options
PUZZLES: One map has several jumping/climbing puzzles, but they can be circumvented
EXPLORATION: Each map has at least one hidden [ACCOLADE] and one [MAGIC] item to find. Talk to the NPC at the end for more details about the items.

Special thanks to Jadeana and Talia Windsailor for help testing.

This is the second chapter; the first is Weird of the Weather-witch (NW-DEZAK4QPA)
DM's Studio - NW-DHZ5DAV4R
The Cursed Emerald:
  1. Weird of the Weather-witch -- NW-DEZAK4QPA
  2. The Ambitious Apprentice -- NW-DLRAVW4S4
Post edited by mosby1 on

Comments

• Options
    valcontar73valcontar73 Member Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Playing with my 64 TR:

While doing "impress the apprentices objective" some enemy got stuck behind some wall I could not kill him, so I was unable to progress.

I had some problems with the "colliders" "or maybe did you put some invisible walls?" in the "Cockatrice canyon", when you broke the tree to climp up, I'm unable to jump those rocks to reach the nest. I did after some tries, I think only Wizards and TRs can do it.

I had some weird bug after killing the falcons, I got stuck in combat again and needed to exit the quest in order to continue.

When I need to kill the four apprentices, doesn't matter if I kill them all, only counts 1 at a time, so when I finish them off, it only reflects 1/4 on the objective.

(I don't really know if there are bugged objectives or is my character that is bugged every time he enters in combat)

I can't finish it, sorry.
    NWS-DLXTNXRF2 - Angeline von Stein
    NWS-DOVA9JIJV - The Lost Seneschal
    NW-DT3221YUY - The Wildcross Bride

Foundry Grand Master.
  • Options
    mosby1mosby1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 288 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2015
    Thanks for the feedback! I don't think it's your character. I seem to be getting some issues with timers that behave different in the editor vs live. I'll post a fix asap, if I can figure it out!
    The Cursed Emerald:
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    It seems pretty much all those issues are the same problem - an unused part of an encounter isn't getting killed. These extra mobs are spawned over a death-plane (or sometimes on a trap). In the editor, they die as they should. But in the live version, sometimes they don't. Makes it very hard to test unfortunately. :(

One option is I could spawn them into an area the player could get to (and on some damaging environment). So in the worst case, after killing the 4 apprentices (for example), you could go take care of the extra mobs to complete the objective. That's a pretty lousy solution, but it would guarantee you could advance.

I did try some slight variations which should work more reliably - and of course they work great in the editor. I published a new version (dated 27 May 2015). I'll test it as soon as it's up live.

Sorry for the trouble, and I appreciate how hard you worked to get as far as you did (you got all the way to the last encounter sadly).
    The Cursed Emerald:
  • Options
    essentiessenti Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    With the new increased social aggro on published quests, splitting encounters is not working for me at all. I haven't found a way to keep the excess locked away. They will eventually teleport closer to the PC from any container I put them in, or onto the nearest safe spot if placed over a deathplane. I had to reconstruct the end fight in "A Mere Expedition!" so that it would not use any split encounters.

I will continue to try variations to see if I can figure out a way to make it work, and post in the forum if I find one that works.
    Campaign - Trail of the Imaskarcana (NWS-DMFG77QOF)
    • A Mere Expedition! (NW-DIAAPG3S4)
    • Work In Progress on Part 2
  • Options
    melindenmelinden Member Posts: 619 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I saw that you have this back in testing, so I'll wait until you say it is ready to play.
    Find me in game with @DoctorBadger
    (Un)Academic Field Work Foundry Campaign: NWS-DAPZB2CTZ