test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

When Queuing for Group Play, Try This Alternative

lvlkarmalvllvlkarmalvl Member Posts: 131 Arc User
Disclaimer - yes, grouping into three's or playing with guild mates should usually work out better. But for those who aren't able to for whatever reason, try this suggestion. Also, I realize this could have gone into other threads but I'd rather the message reach farther in the hopes it helps others as it has me as opposed to being buried in a flame war.

When queuing, simply back out (choose the decline option) of any group where three or four people are already waiting. There's a chance it'll be fine, especially if you're a DC or GF, but likely it won't be. Rather keep re-queuing and declining until you get a fresh group - you can tell this because none/few of the boxes will be check marked indicating players have joined the session.

I've been having really good success with this the last few days, as my work shifts altered so I have not been able to play at the same times as my guild. Fresh starts mean people are hopefully more likely to give it a go. Groups with four people are likely looking for something/someone specific, and sorry but odds are it's not you or me. Give it a try.

Plus the more people who try this, the better likelihood it works for everyone. Just do everyone a favor and just play - don't kick unless it is reasonable to do so. I almost always ask in chat before putting a vote up myself what the party thinks now. And what would you rather? Get three or more Shores runs in while Skirmish is up, thereby opening more chests even if that means missing out on that class specific item because there were two of you? Or maybe getting one run in, because you had to keep kicking and trying to find people for the "perfect run"?

Hope this helps!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• karivaakarivaa Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Disclaimer - yes, grouping into three's or playing with guild mates should usually work out better. But for those who aren't able to for whatever reason, try this suggestion. Also, I realize this could have gone into other threads but I'd rather the message reach farther in the hopes it helps others as it has me as opposed to being buried in a flame war.

When queuing, simply back out (choose the decline option) of any group where three or four people are already waiting. There's a chance it'll be fine, especially if you're a DC or GF, but likely it won't be. Rather keep re-queuing and declining until you get a fresh group - you can tell this because none/few of the boxes will be check marked indicating players have joined the session.

I've been having really good success with this the last few days, as my work shifts altered so I have not been able to play at the same times as my guild. Fresh starts mean people are hopefully more likely to give it a go. Groups with four people are likely looking for something/someone specific, and sorry but odds are it's not you or me. Give it a try.

Plus the more people who try this, the better likelihood it works for everyone. Just do everyone a favor and just play - don't kick unless it is reasonable to do so. I almost always ask in chat before putting a vote up myself what the party thinks now. And what would you rather? Get three or more Shores runs in while Skirmish is up, thereby opening more chests even if that means missing out on that class specific item because there were two of you? Or maybe getting one run in, because you had to keep kicking and trying to find people for the "perfect run"?

Hope this helps!

Good idea! I always try to talk to people and nobody ever answers! I try the chat feature also and nobody responds. It's weird. I also have never gotten kicked. Hopefully I won't.
  • tojoptojop Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I figured this out a couple days before I joined my awesome guild, and can also vouch for its effectiveness. Like TC said, it's not as good as having guildies who won't kick you, but it's just about the next best thing. Good advice ^^
  • lvlkarmalvllvlkarmalvl Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Bump for community awareness, hope this is helping people.
  • waffennachtwaffennacht Member Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2015
    Ive already been doing this, and still one random dude at the end gets me kicked
  • lvlkarmalvllvlkarmalvl Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Ive already been doing this, and still one random dude at the end gets me kicked

As mentioned in the disclaimer, there are much more "guaranteed" ways to get through dungeons. This alternative is only for those who feel like they are wasting time by queuing, joining, and being immediately kicked. Unfortunately it won't help in the least with your (and sadly many others') problem. Perhaps take a moment once joined to see if several people in your instance are in a guild together? If so decide whether to take your chances or not.