test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Suggestion: Upcoming Event Calendar

aunslautaunslaut Member Posts: 18 Arc User
I am sure that many others would appreciate some kind of calendar of any upcoming events. For example, the double refinement event was amazing, I just couldn't participate in it for several reasons:

1. I had no idea it was coming, so I didn't save up refinement/enchantments for it.
2. Because I didn't know it was coming, I wasn't able to plan some gaming time.

Not all of us have a significant amount of time to play the game. In fact, I would argue that the people that support the game financially are more than likely very busy people as well. Knowing ahead of time when events will be coming so we can plan ahead would be fantastic.

It does not have to be the whole year, but maybe 1 month ahead or something like that.
Post edited by aunslaut on

Comments

• therealshakur70therealshakur70 Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I think the reason they don't do this is to stop people from hording items needed for these events.

for instance, if I knew double diamonds was coming then I wouldn't salvage any purples and store them in every inventory/bank slot i had available. if everyone did this it would flood the market and in no time we would be paying 500 AD per Zen which would suck because it's way too soon for this.

I personally don't agree that we need an events calendar.
  • zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User
    edited May 2015

I personally don't agree that we need an events calendar.

I agree with much of your post, double Ad( should never be held again unless the economy needs a boost), refinement and similar events should remain short notice. I think there should be an event calendar for things like the Tymora event, The CTA's, and other similar events.
  • thezer0fluxthezer0flux Member Posts: 412 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    zephyriah wrote: »
    I agree with much of your post, double Ad( should never be held again unless the economy needs a boost), refinement and similar events should remain short notice. I think there should be an event calendar for things like the Tymora event, The CTA's, and other similar events.
    Agree completely. Double AD is nice, but it causes inflation. I want high AH prices and low AD <=> Zen conversion rates to last as long as possible.
  • therealshakur70therealshakur70 Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    zephyriah wrote: »

I could agree with that :)
  • lvlkarmalvllvlkarmalvl Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I agree that an events calender would be nice. I believe the PC version has something like this, no? And even if it just was to announce things like the CTA's and Events, but leaving Double AD, XP, and Refinement out of it until say a few days before hand like now. If the Devs were so generous, they could even provide us with a "target range" for when new content is hoped to be introduced although I find that highly unlikely. Not because they are sneaky, but even a "we hope this will drop on this date, but be warned there are a ton of factors that may push that date back" statement would not be able to contain the outrage if they missed their date.

I do feel for Devs of any game sometimes, it just seems like they can't ever win on the forums lol.

The best we can hope for is solid communication, and something like this calender would really help.