test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

companions

slandermaliceslandermalice Member Posts: 13 Arc User
I have played this game since PC/ Xbox launch and know a great deal about it, however, even vets have dumb questions. I have been hearing from several gamers who think that having all of your companion slots filled gives a certain bonus to either the companions or the player. I was not aware of this. Does anyone know if having all of your character slots full does anything different?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mrdurvamrdurva Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    You get the active bonus that each companion has so having 5 companions just helps you out so much more.
  • slandermaliceslandermalice Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Thats cool. I thought "active bonus" was only when companion was active. I guess I need to gear up with more companions then.
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I guess I need to gear up with more companions then.

Understatement.

Think of companions as enchantments: their "Active Bonus" stats are stats applied to you as long as the companion is in an Active slot. So shop your companions carefully as each proffers a different Active Bonus just like the different enchantments offer.

For example: On my Protection Paladin HP is my most important stat, so is Armor Penetration. So I have both Iron Golem and Rimefire Golem in Active Slots as they each give 1200 HP as an Active Bonus - even if they are not summoned. So that's a lot like having two enchantments each giving me 1200 HP. For Armor Penetration I have the Freebie Dog and a couple others slotted. (Note: I know Paladin is not available on X-Box - but it works the same way and I'm just using it as a real example).

So companions are fun when summoned for themes and such, but you may want to carefully consider the other companions for their Active Bonus to help you balance your stats the way you want.