test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

PvP Newbie here. Is this really what PvP is all about?

2»

Comments

• Options
    lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I've read

I was called:

I was told that:

And that I:

Part.

Thought to myself "I bet my pants OP is a TR".

I started skimming through the post, "I'm a TR" part showed up.

Yep, checks out.
    TRs are most broken and bs class in the game, they never had something not working for them and when it did, it always worked to their advantage, just like permastealth bug.

Coupled with 50% of players being TRs, people are simply fed up with this bat**** OP class.
    Its a friggin leather pants wearer with predator cloaking device and more survivability then vanguard GF or bulwark pally.

The class is broken to the point, where people will not even say a good word about pvp vids, because there isn't much skill, just a phantom one shooting helpless people.

You've picked a scumbag class, don't be surprised that people treat you like one.

Its rather obvious why people are mad.
  • Options
    overdriver13overdriver13 Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    lerdocix wrote: »
    I've read

I was called:

I was told that:

And that I:

Part.

Thought to myself "I bet my pants OP is a TR".

I started skimming through the post, "I'm a TR" part showed up.

Yep, checks out.
    TRs are most broken and bs class in the game, they never had something not working for them and when it did, it always worked to their advantage, just like permastealth bug.

Coupled with 50% of players being TRs, people are simply fed up with this bat**** OP class.
    Its a friggin leather pants wearer with predator cloaking device and more survivability then vanguard GF or bulwark pally.

The class is broken to the point, where people will not even say a good word about pvp vids, because there isn't much skill, just a phantom one shooting helpless people.

You've picked a scumbag class, don't be surprised that people treat you like one.

Its rather obvious why people are mad.

Wouldn't it be so much easier if the answer to everything in this game was TR qq? Just blame and hate on trs. That is the answer.
  • Options
    aelfgarmtaelfgarmt Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    lerd, you missed my point. I am sure if I was a super TR one-shooting peeps, he would have been very happy to have me. Good reading skills tho.
  • Options
    vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    i think pvp is in good state overall, none of the classess is overpowered with offensive capabilities too much. problem is unkillable clerics and paladin. beginner need pvp armor when start playing.

you can compare to elder scrolls, where newbie is one shotted from almost everyone, or if not oneshotted, then CC to death without real chance to even respond, hit opponent
  • Options
    fastrean3fastrean3 Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    vinceent1 wrote: »
    i think pvp is in good state overall, none of the classess is overpowered with offensive capabilities too much. problem is unkillable clerics and paladin. beginner need pvp armor when start playing.

you can compare to elder scrolls, where newbie is one shotted from almost everyone, or if not oneshotted, then CC to death without real chance to even respond, hit opponent

I wish them to switch the unkillable of clerics & paladin from pvp to pve dungeons.
  • Options
    lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    aelfgarmt wrote: »
    lerd, you missed my point. I am sure if I was a super TR one-shooting peeps, he would have been very happy to have me. Good reading skills tho.

Well, it doesn't really matter if you're good or bad TR. You're still TR and you'll eventually gear up and learn to pvp, which in turn will mean you'll add to the problem over time.

The class is hated to the point, where players will be hated for playing it.

It wouldn't be that bad if PW actually was hotfixing most gamebreaking bugs instead of waiting 3 months while pvp population suffers from the exploiters.

People are especially fed up with permastealth, because its frankly most broken and overpowered thing any mmo came up with without putting direct, big, red IWIN button in the middle of the screen.

PvP communities in F2P mmos usually are quite rotten, but horrible balance of a single class which happens to be overpowering with bs mechanics since day 1 does not help to soothe players. Up until last mod every pug domination game had 40-60% TRs, people are fed up with the class and what comes with it, with people who play them.
  • Options
    aelfgarmtaelfgarmt Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Damned if I do, damned if I don't. I guess I need to look into this perma-stealth build. Might as well, since lerd thinks it's inevitable. Why fight it.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    lerdocix wrote: »
    Well, it doesn't really matter if you're good or bad TR. You're still TR and you'll eventually gear up and learn to pvp, which in turn will mean you'll add to the problem over time.

The class is hated to the point, where players will be hated for playing it.

It wouldn't be that bad if PW actually was hotfixing most gamebreaking bugs instead of waiting 3 months while pvp population suffers from the exploiters.

People are especially fed up with permastealth, because its frankly most broken and overpowered thing any mmo came up with without putting direct, big, red IWIN button in the middle of the screen.

PvP communities in F2P mmos usually are quite rotten, but horrible balance of a single class which happens to be overpowering with bs mechanics since day 1 does not help to soothe players. Up until last mod every pug domination game had 40-60% TRs, people are fed up with the class and what comes with it, with people who play them.

If everyone rolled and played only TR in PvP the devs would change things. But they won't do that. In fact it seems like the trend is geared out gwf with wheel of elements fire. Go figure.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited May 2015
    PvP Communities are notorious for their short temperment.

And the scapegoat comment pando (I think) said is perfect. Most PvPers refuse to admit their own faults and tend to look for reasons to insult other people and blame them for losses rather than accepting their own shortcomings.

However I have spent many matches pulling my hair out wondering why people refuse to follow simple rules of PvP such as "always fight on the nodes" so while the words used to deliver the message may be insulting and vulgar it may be worthwhile to listen to requests from PvPers as they tend to want to win. :)
  • Options
    spookholiospookholio Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Last night a friend of mine convinced me to queue up with him for Gauntlgrym (sp?), and it was an... interesting experience. Some background: I am a level 70 TR with iLevel 2024. No PVP type gear. No experience with PvP outside of IWD dailies, and even then, I pretty much just avoid people. So, in other words, I know I am going to suck. But I thought it might be fun to start.

The match started off well, but at one point, my friend and I were at one of the rally points with an enemy pally, and we might as well have been tickling him for all the progress we were making.

That's when Mr. Nasty starting in on us in party voice chat. I know we (and more specifically I) were the weak links on our team, by a long shot, but the vitriol of hate and nastiness was something I had never experienced in any game I have played so far (EQ, EQ2, WOW, RQ, FF14). Maybe because I am a respectful player just looking to play and have fun, and have not been in an uber guild except once, back in EQ, I wasn't expecting this.

I was called:
    A wart and a bunch of profanity

I was told that:
    -I should die
    -I should quit

And that I:
    -was the reason he was losing (well no kidding Sherlock)
    -was the reason the team was losing (well no kidding Sherlock)
    -was useless and a loser (this much was apparent, I suppose)
    -many more things that really just kind of were lost in the forest of his insults.

So, my question is: is this what I can expect as a pretty noobish PvPer in these kinds of matches? If so, I will just skip PvP, thank you very much. Advice/input welcome. Even if you agree with Mr. Nasty. Will be good to know.

Teegle the glass-pea-shooter

The best way to deal with folks like this is to mute their microphone. I wouldn't be surprised if I'm already ignoring this person you're talking about. :cool:
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    PvP Communities are notorious for their short temperment.

And the scapegoat comment pando (I think) said is perfect. Most PvPers refuse to admit their own faults and tend to look for reasons to insult other people and blame them for losses rather than accepting their own shortcomings.

However I have spent many matches pulling my hair out wondering why people refuse to follow simple rules of PvP such as "always fight on the nodes" so while the words used to deliver the message it may be worthwhile to listen to requests from PvPers as they tend to want to win. :)

Thank you.
  • Options
    mjytreszmjytresz Member Posts: 500 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    QQ

I practically only play MMOs for PvP now.
    This is what it always amounts to. Doesn't matter if you're playing P2W garbage like NW, a decently-balanced game like Tera, or a sub-based game with actual balance like Eve. It always amounts to this.

The only exception is it's a bit less common in Eve. Run into someone in a Novice Plex in FW space and it usually ends in "GF" unless you got zerged.
    Broken mechanics, broken class designs, lack of actual content, and over zealous, bronze-age moderation?

Go Cryptic!
    PS - I quit.