test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

All Tier 2 Epic Dungeons cleared [legit]

blackylukeblackyluke Member Posts: 261 Arc User
edited June 2015 in PvE Discussion
Greetings Neverwinter players,

some of the "hardcore" PvEers have beaten the Tier 2 dungeons, and that already shortly after module 6 release.
However many people still claim Tier 2s to be unbeatable therefore I thought I should record it and make it aviable.
There will obviously be people who says what we did is not legit.
Example: Weaponmaster + Offhand bonus grants you 16% Critical Chance while tooltips say it should be 15% combined.
Obviously some feats and powers are overperforming, working as intended or not. Some things are pretty overpowered like the Lostmauth set or the Hidden Daggers buffing melee damage for 40%, but theres no mentioning that these are actual bugs on side of the devs.
This thread is not intended to discuss these things or how and if people with way lower gear can clear these dungeons.
I personally am sure that a proper build, a good group composition and decent gameplay can make up for Mythics and Legendaries, maybe not epics.
Without further talk here are the videos, the quality is horrible and I play without sound. If able I will record dungeon runs to HDD in the future and upload them to Youtube.

Epic Cragmire Crypts (video starts at first boss)
http://www.twitch.tv/theblackyluke/b/661277550

Epic Grey Wolf Den
http://www.twitch.tv/theblackyluke/b/661279924

Epic Temple of Spider
http://www.twitch.tv/theblackyluke/b/661282085

Thanks for reading/watching.
If you like this or would like to see more runs recorded leave a comment.
If you have any questions same.

Blackyluke

Edit: As expected most people comment on how or if this is possible with much less geared people and if this is legit or not. This is not the topic of this thread. People in the run and other people have asked me to upload videos of Tier 2s, it's nothing more than that. I don't brag here, if at all my performance over these runs was very bad. In the ECC bossfight I missed a lot of At-Wills and Encounters and I failed to communicate with my HR to unslot Fox Shift. This was necessary as seen in the ToS bossfight at times GWFs Unstoppable (tab mechanic) can bug out and as long as you have temporary HP you won't be able to activate it. Therefore I need need to take damage every now and then which is not possible when an HR spams Fox Shift. In GWD I used my Crescendo on the boss once while he was immune.

Since there is so much negative feedback I will refrain from making posts here and if at all upload to a Youtube account. I leave this thread open in case somebody actually has questions or constructive feedback, if it goes on about off-topic I will probably get it closed/deleted. Thanks for reading/watching anyway.

Edit 2: Thanks for the kind comments on the later pages and less QQ more reasoning. Personally just wanna add that a lot of people I run dungeons with and I personally are not even challenged by the Tier2s. This is not anything I wanna brag about, I just say that if you run with good party compositions and have good gear and a good build, you can clear dungeons with ease. Sure for the average player I think it's too challenging. Gear makes you able to overcome misplay or mistakes (including your build).
A good player will beat T2s im sure. I understand these videos might not be very helpful for the start, but I'm not really the "content creator" kinda guy even tho I pick up new players and strangers and try to teach them 1-2 things about the game etc.
Personally hoping for a way of difficulty scaling. Like in D3 so some people with gear can do their things on normal and others can enjoy the challenge on torment levels.
Post edited by blackyluke on

Comments

• Options
    wentriswentris Member Posts: 542 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    In before spam of hate: Congratulations, well done. This seems to be as legit, as you can get in current game state :) And as for more recordings - it'd be nice to watch these fights from dc/tank point of view.
  • Options
    phoenix1021phoenix1021 Member Posts: 532 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    It's great that you can do this, but most of the other players can't. Nobody claims those dungeons are unbeatable, just that most of the players get excluding from ever completing them.
    Also you say epics can not be made up for with build, group or gameplay, however these dungeons are the place to get epics.
  • Options
    hastati96hastati96 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    well done, Jasmin :)
    I knew you can do it :D

greetings Nero
    Nero - Palacetamol - Essence of Aggression
  • Options
    twoedge1twoedge1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    however these dungeons are the place to get epics.

exactly..

LOL
  • Options
    proxaaproxaa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 67
    edited May 2015
    blackyluke wrote: »
    but theres no mentioning that these are actual bugs
    Yeah, lostmauth set bugs or weapon encht damage bugs are not bugs. Not at all. It's a feature.
    Without showing all team members gear (lostmauth sets? weapon ench?) it's just another "pew pew" video.
  • Options
    blackxxwolf3blackxxwolf3 Member Posts: 1,539 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    yeah now do it without perfect weapon enchants. because new players cant have that and dont use epic gear use blue because new players wont have epic gear. then come brag and ill congratulate you more. btw congrats on ecc thats a tough fight.
  • Options
    nwpilgrimnwpilgrim Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I have finished epic tos/gwd shortly after m6 was out with *shock horror* totally random pugs. no i didn't have the lol set, i was too eager to up my vorpal to at least pure *facedesk* and we all had rainbow gear. only one in the group got the cache, i couldn't even open the chest (oh you, cryptic :3) but granted, we all had at least all rank 10s and legendary artifacts. no, 2 extra seals most certainly were not worth hraploads of kits and some res stones (just sayin). however, we had a hastening cleric and a tanky tank so... :p
    CVA49Iw.gif
  • Options
    chrcorechrcore Member Posts: 329 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2015
    nwpilgrim wrote: »
    I have finished epic tos/gwd shortly after m6 was out with *shock horror* totally random pugs. no i didn't have the lol set, i was too eager to up my vorpal to at least pure *facedesk* and we all had rainbow gear. only one in the group got the cache, i couldn't even open the chest (oh you, cryptic :3) but granted, we all had at least all rank 10s and legendary artifacts. no, 2 extra seals most certainly were not worth hraploads of kits and some res stones (just sayin). however, we had a hastening cleric and a tanky tank so... :p

I think there is a big misconception about what all the complaints are about. Of course they can be done by folks with 3K or higher iLvL. Rather easily. But most folks (and more importantly the fresh blood that needs to be attracted to keep playing this game) do not have that kind of gear.

These dungeons have a 2000 iLvl requirement and so they should be balanced around that fact. While I won't say it's impossible to do them if everyone in the group is iLvL 2000, I will say it's extremely unlikely.
  • Options
    clericalistclericalist Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I have to agree with the sentiments of others about what "legit" means. Using equipment that has been misdesigned is not legit, if that is legit, then getting Blackdagger to jump through the door and then into the spikes then should also count as legit, the players are just utilising a feature provided by the game after all...

I don't know what a good average success rate for random parties should be, I certainly don't believe it should be a 99% success rate, but nor should it be < 1%. If dungeons are meant to finished only by a tiny amount of the uber elite and the rest have no hope, that is not legit.
  • Options
    rexfire91rexfire91 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Also you say epics can not be made up for with build, group or gameplay, however these dungeons are the place to get epics.

I'm pretty sure he was referring to Artifacts and Artifact Equipment there, not your regular gear.

Anyway, I would also like to see such dungeon runs from the perspective of the tank and healer. Also, I can rarely get good quality images on Twitch so I can't clearly see all that is going on. Youtube is much more stable for me so if you're planning to post there, then great!
  • Options
    potato404potato404 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    some of yall make the lostmauth set sound like the devil whats the big deal with it? my hr wears the set and its just adding 2.5k damage per crit hit only a G.vorpal though
  • Options
    sliderhardcoresliderhardcore Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I don't know what a good average success rate for random parties should be, I certainly don't believe it should be a 99% success rate, but nor should it be < 1%. If dungeons are meant to finished only by a tiny amount of the uber elite and the rest have no hope, that is not legit.

The thing is % competitions is not that important - may even be as low as 50% for organised parties (not random pug). But the big idea in any mmo is that finishing said dungeons should be achievable by well organised people geared lower that the drop offered there - therefore they need the equipment which can be gotten while in the same time satisfy the requirements for going in. Not like it is situation now and well illustrated in the videos - only for less than 1 % of players who already have much better stuff from what they will potentially get as a reward.
  • Options
    query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Nice runs Jasmin. I know what you were using let me ask about weapon enchants. Specifically which debuffs were slotted and in which roles? Also with fox/ unstoppable the key is really just to fox while GWF is unstoppable and spending determination rather than just spamming it. Although spamming it is also good in other situations...
  • Options
    ctf4voidctf4void Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Congratulations, very well done! If you want to run GWD or CC again and need a GF, please take me with you.
  • Options
    mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Alot of groups can do t2 legit now because they exploited when mod 6 first came out in order to get all the Seals etc. So, anyone claiming they can do T2 now does not impress me.
    twitch.tv/kaligold
  • Options
    arabaturarabatur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 778 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    You should consider changing the font colour's to something that's easier to read.
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    potato404 wrote: »
    some of yall make the lostmauth set sound like the devil whats the big deal with it? my hr wears the set and its just adding 2.5k damage per crit hit only a G.vorpal though

Sadly the devs nerfed it for HR and not across all classes atm. It used to loop on certain bleed mechanics thats why the devs addressed the HR already.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Alot of groups can do t2 legit now because they exploited when mod 6 first came out in order to get all the Seals etc. So, anyone claiming they can do T2 now does not impress me.

You can only get one cache a day. Which means anyone in full T2 did an enourmous number of 2/3 seal runs. I get a toS a day for my 40 and do some seal farming and am no-where near full set.
  • Options
    tellmeastorytellmeastory Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Hello, i was a tank in this run and i must say - half of the party didnt even know he was filming, played "half-hand" and just relaxed - obviously we can relax because we have this gear. But i've started M6 2 weeks later than others - i was in trip. First i farmed T2 in my old Grand Regent set - and it was a pain... but 2/3 runs gave me some elemental alliance pieces. After we already could make full runs. Now we are doing eToS without healer - find me in game if you want to join a run or discuss builds/tactics - but believe me: content is beatable, hard but beatable for fresh blood - they just have to learn their class mechanics. I play GF since Nov 2013 for example.
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    my biggest complaint with the t2s is how long they take, I dont have the time to sit for 1-2 hours to give them a shot, even on my toons that I know I could help with. Ive tried a couple, but had to drop on them due to them getting over 1 hour long, just not my cup of tea I came to this game to done with 3 hour long raids (thats not exaggeration and many of you know that raids could easily last that long)

frankly if we skipped everything and just fought the bosses it would suit me just fine, the rest of it is easy enough even with mid 2k groups.

THIS game ALWAYS has allowed gear scores to be a low gate, somtimes its doable, sometimes not. Epic DV wasnt really doable by the old stands of 9600 average group..
  • Options
    feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Congrats on doing ecc. However as others have said, it's obvious that everyone there was either wearing BiS gear or close to it, which makes the video irrelevant for over 99% of players. The fact is that the dungeons are broken by definition if players at the minimum gear gate level can't do them. No one believes that players at that level can - we all know better - so they are broken.
  • Options
    thedemienthedemien Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    First of all congrats.
    Good team Jasmine.
    About all this LM set - well like yourself sad on one of runs - it is broken and woks as designed. There is too much bugs in game yet you finished it in most legit way possible atm.

Good teams with good gear can complete t2.

note: have not run with this guys but had run DD with Jasmine earlier. Good build gwf that knows what he(she) is doing.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Hello, i was a tank in this run and i must say - half of the party didnt even know he was filming, played "half-hand" and just relaxed - obviously we can relax because we have this gear. But i've started M6 2 weeks later than others - i was in trip. First i farmed T2 in my old Grand Regent set - and it was a pain... but 2/3 runs gave me some elemental alliance pieces. After we already could make full runs. Now we are doing eToS without healer - find me in game if you want to join a run or discuss builds/tactics - but believe me: content is beatable, hard but beatable for fresh blood - they just have to learn their class mechanics. I play GF since Nov 2013 for example.

Right. See I already knew that Jasmin had a monster build but I've also run content with them and do not have BiS across the board either. To the many complaints yes this is very difficult content and sure you need gear and skill to get past most of it. But it is all attainable. Not easy, but attainable.
  • Options
    namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    query523 wrote: »
    To the many complaints yes this is very difficult content and sure you need gear and skill to get past most of it. But it is all attainable. Not easy, but attainable.

Yea, all attainable with lots of $$$. This pretty much says if you not willing to drop a few hundred or thousands of dollars, don't even think about T2. Only for the whales. Sure you can grind. But even if you spent every waking hour grinding, by the time you attain said gear, the next mod already made it obsolete.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    I spent $50 on the game. $20 to pay back a friend for getting me an augment companion. Then $10 for the Stone of Might special because $10 for an augment on all toons is a good deal Then another $20 because I figured I had gotten that much entertainment out of the game and should pitch in a bit. Everything else was grind, playing the AH, refining, and professions. You cannot buy BiS with money you have to run content to get those items. I suppose spending preposterous ammounts of cash you could flat buy enough RP for your arti-gear.
  • Options
    jaotutjaotut Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Yea, all attainable with lots of $$$. This pretty much says if you not willing to drop a few hundred or thousands of dollars, don't even think about T2. Only for the whales. Sure you can grind. But even if you spent every waking hour grinding, by the time you attain said gear, the next mod already made it obsolete.

I think if people try hard enough and have the skills, then it can be done without needing to spend hundreds of $$$. Challenging contents are made to be challenging. They will at first seem impossible, especially people with bad gear and bad party. I remember when they've made so many changes to CN back in the days, all the parties would wipe so many times at the start trying out different things, then eventually could manage to finish it, but the party can still fail with 1 or 2 bad players ruining it by making too many mistakes.

There is such a small difference between the T1 and T2 gear, just because you can only obtain T2 gear from T2 dungeons, I don't see them as the deciding factors. But if someone is running a lesser bilethorn, and a lesser barkshield, then yeah, he'll probably never be able to finish a T2 dungeon. So gear does make a difference, but I don't think BiS is required, as better gear just allows you to kill things faster and a bit more room to make mistakes. But unlike Tiamat, these dungeons have no time limit. So without the BiS gear, it is only harder since it's a longer fight, leading to more chances for people to make mistakes.

People should view these threads as incentive to try harder to clear these dungeons if they haven't already done so, and the videos are a great way to give people some ideas on what to do.
    Merlin - CW Merlyn - HR Psylocke - TR Black Widow - GWF

Have the gear and skills, but lack the friends to play with? Come and apply for Essence of Aggression. We have been here and strong since beta. (Immature, rude, and arrogant people will not be accepted)
  • Options
    freefrothfreefroth Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Thanks to the Op for posting this. We need some inspiration to keep on improving to be able to do this ourselves. Don't listen to the haters. First they whine because it is boring.. Then the dungeons are impossible (no hang on its improbable now). Then they try to belittle the achievements of others. When they finally do crack the dungeons there will be more "there's no end game" again. Pfft. Waste of breath imo. There are easier and more adaptive ways to feel better about yourself. Thanks again and hope to catch you in a run sometime.
  • Options
    loosestellaloosestella Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    blackyluke wrote: »
    Greetings Neverwinter players,

some of the "hardcore" PvEers have beaten the Tier 2 dungeons, and that already shortly after module 6 release.
    However many people still claim Tier 2s to be unbeatable therefore I thought I should record it and make it aviable.
    There will obviously be people who says what we did is not legit.
    Example: Weaponmaster + Offhand bonus grants you 16% Critical Chance while tooltips say it should be 15% combined.
    Obviously some feats and powers are overperforming, working as intended or not. Some things are pretty overpowered like the Lostmauth set or the Hidden Daggers buffing melee damage for 40%, but theres no mentioning that these are actual bugs on side of the devs.
    This thread is not intended to discuss these things or how and if people with way lower gear can clear these dungeons.
    I personally am sure that a proper build, a good group composition and decent gameplay can make up for Mythics and Legendaries, maybe not epics.
    Without further talk here are the videos, the quality is horrible and I play without sound. If able I will record dungeon runs to HDD in the future and upload them to Youtube.

Epic Cragmire Crypts (video starts at first boss)
    http://www.twitch.tv/theblackyluke/b/661277550

Epic Grey Wolf Den
    http://www.twitch.tv/theblackyluke/b/661279924

Epic Temple of Spider
    http://www.twitch.tv/theblackyluke/b/661282085

Thanks for reading/watching.
    If you like this or would like to see more runs recorded leave a comment.
    If you have any questions same.

Blackyluke

Edit: As expected most people comment on how or if this is possible with much less geared people and if this is legit or not. This is not the topic of this thread. People in the run and other people have asked me to upload videos of Tier 2s, it's nothing more than that. I don't brag here, if at all my performance over these runs was very bad. In the ECC bossfight I missed a lot of At-Wills and Encounters and I failed to communicate with my HR to unslot Fox Shift. This was necessary as seen in the ToS bossfight at times GWFs Unstoppable (tab mechanic) can bug out and as long as you have temporary HP you won't be able to activate it. Therefore I need need to take damage every now and then which is not possible when an HR spams Fox Shift. In GWD I used my Crescendo on the boss once while he was immune.

Since there is so much negative feedback I will refrain from making posts here and if at all upload to a Youtube account. I leave this thread open in case somebody actually has questions or constructive feedback, if it goes on about off-topic I will probably get it closed/deleted. Thanks for reading/watching anyway.

Self promoting your Twitch channel? Why can't streamers get a real job? LOL, and now they want to participate in the Olympics like they're a real athlete.
    Yup, its as if we bought what we thought was a home (with our attention, time and for many, money) but instead it was a hotel room, and mod 6 was checkout day.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Self promoting your Twitch channel? Why can't streamers get a real job? LOL, and now they want to participate in the Olympics like they're a real athlete.

Im not a streamer. I didn't record/stream that with my main account either. I'm doing my masters in biology so maybe not "a real job", but close.
    I hardly ever stream, if at all some NW PvP never even streamed PvE before. I don't have a scedule either.
    People asked me to upload this, personally I mind the quality, but I did agree that throwing out some visual information on T2s wouldn't be bad. If you feel yourself personally offended by that. Move along nobody forces you to watch it.