test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

21200 Zen What to buy

billyriz12billyriz12 Member Posts: 159 Arc User
I'm going to make a little investment and was just wondering peoples opinion's on what I should and shouldn't get, I'm a GF lvl60 I also have a Lvl 60 GWF, Lvl 31 TR and a Lvl22 Cleric

1. I want a 110% mount-One of the Zen Market or do I grab a rage drake? The ones of the Zen market are for all Accounts?
2.Compaions-The Stone I am getting for my GF, Blacksmith I'm umming and arring about the bonus (15% chance to reflect 10% of damage taken. If the same target is hit 4 times it will reflect 3 times the damage taken) would be perfect for me, any others to look for?
3. The Full Dragon Pack for those who have got it is it worth it?
4.Anything else I should get in general of the market place or Trade House?
Post edited by billyriz12 on

Comments

• monktoastymonktoasty Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    billyriz12 wrote: »
    I'm going to make a little investment and was just wondering peoples opinion's on what I should and shouldn't get, I'm a GF lvl60 I also have a Lvl 60 GWF, Lvl 31 TR and a Lvl22 Cleric

1. I want a 110% mount-One of the Zen Market or do I grab a rage drake? The ones of the Zen market are for all Accounts?
    2.Compaions-The Stone I am getting for my GF, Blacksmith I'm umming and arring about the bonus (15% chance to reflect 10% of damage taken. If the same target is hit 4 times it will reflect 3 times the damage taken) would be perfect for me, any others to look for?

Dont buy a drake, get the mount on the store because EVERY character gets one...the drake only that one character gets it

Getting the stone is good yes

Not sure about the dragon pack

Getting a cat for 800k Ad is good for your cleric or rogue
  • mrdurvamrdurva Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Got my eye on the heavy worg atm not sure if I should wait to see when we get EE and then see what gets added then

We likely won't have elemental evil for a while
  • blackxxwolf3blackxxwolf3 Member Posts: 1,539 Arc User
    edited May 2015

buy a zen store mount avaiable to all chars. and the dragon pack is so worth it cause a dragon hoard enchantment for all chars.
    edited May 2015
    buy a zen store mount avaiable to all chars. and the dragon pack is so worth it cause a dragon hoard enchantment for all chars.

The dragon hoard enchantment only goes to the first character. Also that price tag for it is pretty high.
    edited May 2015
    mrdurva wrote: »
    The dragon hoard enchantment only goes to the first character. Also that price tag for it is pretty high.

on pc it goes to all chars.
    edited May 2015

Oh I'm sorry, I seem to have been mistaken...I thought this was the xbox one discussion section not pc.....oh wait
  • zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User
    edited May 2015

No, it does not. On the PC same as the Xbox, the bag of enchantments (which includes the Dragon Hoard Enchantment) only goes to one character. The fashion stuff, Bag, Artifact and ring go to all.
  • friedarmenianfriedarmenian Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Everybody missed the 800LB gorilla in the room. Didn't anybody see HOW much Zen he has to spend?

Did he trade one of his children for the Zen?
    Huh....I thought Ballsdeep was a location in Lord of the Rings.

Xbox Avatar=FriedArmenian
    Level 60 GWF=Buckaroofury
  • stiehl9sstiehl9s Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Everybody missed the 800LB gorilla in the room. Didn't anybody see HOW much Zen he has to spend?

No kidding! Thats a ton of zen.
  • dreampagehundreampagehun Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited May 2015

Buy me an Oghma's Token of Free Movement Artifact. :-) (Just kidding. But it's nice to see you have that much money for the game. I'm poor.)
    Guardian Fighter | Total Item Level: 2600+
  • reallyreconreallyrecon Member Posts: 170 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2015

I believe they call this "having a job".

It's quite a rare occurrence among the console crowd, so some surprise is expected. I assure you though, he didn't sell one of his children. Typically people with "jobs" have this thing called "money" they like to spend on their own enjoyment and entertainment. Some people like drinking, some people like souping up their old classic car, and some people like to gamble with it or take awesome vacations.

And then there are some people who thoroughly enjoy playing video games.
    Recon - 60 Cleric
    Gamertag: ReallyRecon
    edited May 2015
    I believe they call this "having a job".

It's quite a rare occurrence among the console crowd, so some surprise is expected. I assure you though, he didn't sell one of his children. Typically people with "jobs" have this thing called "money" they like to spend on their own enjoyment and entertainment. Some people like drinking, some people like souping up their old classic car, and some people like to gamble with it or take awesome vacations.

And then there are some people who thoroughly enjoy playing video games.
    having a job o not spending that much zen man. you do realize how much that is right?200 bucks in the USA. thats a ton of money to spend on one game thatd help me pay my bills a lot XD
  • randomhateforumsrandomhateforums Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    200$ is nothing for the typical MMO. Figure most old school gamers are used to spending 50-60$ up front then another 120-180 the first year. So for Neverwinter, that's 180-240$ base, not even counting the big spenders.

Sure a lot of free players may be shocked, but for many people that work getting ride of a ton of grind to actually sit back and enjoy the game has its value
    edited May 2015
    200$ is nothing for the typical MMO. Figure most old school gamers are used to spending 50-60$ up front then another 120-180 the first year. So for Neverwinter, that's 180-240$ base, not even counting the big spenders.

Sure a lot of free players may be shocked, but for many people that work getting ride of a ton of grind to actually sit back and enjoy the game has its value

im not a free player but i never spend that much money on a game ill go fishing or something in real life with that much money and have plenty left over.or go on a date.
  • tinead51tinead51 Member Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited May 2015

No, his common sense. The games broken, why keep investing in a money pit?
  • strictlyevilstrictlyevil Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    It's not as much as it seems if you put the effort in even if you don't want to spend that much money on it. I've only put about $50 in the game and I still managed to get up to around 15k Zen from trading and taking advantage of double rp events. Once you learn how the economy flows it's not that difficult after you get some startup capital.
    Ancient 18.8k CW | Ancient Heals 18k DC | Ancient Tank 22.2k GF | GT: XGC Army
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,355 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Does XBox'er get used to pay for monthly/annual fee anyway? XBox Live, etc.
    Does MMO player get used to pay monthly/annual fee too? WoW, etc.

Anyway, for OP, I will wait for Zen store sale. In PC, there was a sale to get dragonborn with a race re-roll for about half the price of the Dragonborn regular package. They may have one for XBox. For the mount and companion, there is a sale for them almost every week.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • reallyreconreallyrecon Member Posts: 170 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2015
    having a job o not spending that much zen man. you do realize how much that is right?200 bucks in the USA. thats a ton of money to spend on one game thatd help me pay my bills a lot XD

Perhaps you missed my sarcasm, but it was supposed to imply that not everybody is in your income bracket. For some of us, $200 is chump change. I'm not trying to be all high and mighty; there's nothing wrong with your income if you're happy with it, that's just how it is.
    Recon - 60 Cleric
    Gamertag: ReallyRecon
  • unstablevikingunstableviking Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited May 2015

OMG... I only got 15000 for my first born. I knew I should have held out for more!!
    edited May 2015
    20k+ in Zen will get you junk. True this game is a money pit. Wait till mod 6:EE hits xbox. You'll see all you've invested into, go down the drain.

That depends on what you buy. I don't see the big devaluation in mount, companion, character slots, bank slots, dragonborn discounted pack, etc. If you are talking about RP stuff, it is not a good deal in mod 5 or 6. So far, I do not see what I bought in mod 5 Zen store goes down to drain in mod 6 yet. And, I don't spend any money.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • unstablevikingunstableviking Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited May 2015

OMG... I only got 15000 for my first born, I KNEW I should have held out for more!
    edited May 2015
    I will be saving some for future updates, The Dragonpack I feel is worth it just for the 30 slot bag, I enjoy the game immensely and it is helping me fight through my depression, I know not everyone can justify spending that much but I'm happy to spend that on a game I love:)

No, not worth it. A 24 slot bag is 1000 AD. In mod 6, there is a 36 slot bag and it costs 1600 AD.
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    well 20000 zen its not that much considering 1000 zens are like 10 dollars/euros

i would buy mounts companions bags and tons of preservations.
  • therealshakur70therealshakur70 Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    zephyriah wrote: »
    No, it does not. On the PC same as the Xbox, the bag of enchantments (which includes the Dragon Hoard Enchantment) only goes to one character. The fashion stuff, Bag, Artifact and ring go to all.

I was able to claim the enchantment bag twice. I first got it on the toon I purchased the pack with, then I was able to claim it again from the special item vendor. it showed up saying 1 available.
    edited May 2015
    So what should I be on the lookout for? and do you think we will get EE before the 3 Campaigns before tyranny?

No idea when you will get mod 6.

One issue people has big problem with is: mod 6 makes their mod 5 gears obsolete.
    People spend a lot of effort feeding RP to Artifact equipment and Artifact weapon.
    People bought Blood Ruby (50K RP) to feed AE from Zen store.
    So, other than RP, I do not know what else from Zen store is considered a waste because of mod 6.
    There are stuff in Zen store I consider is "not useful" IMO but those have nothing to do with mod 6.
  • demonm0ng3rdemonm0ng3r Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    mrdurva wrote: »
    We likely won't have elemental evil for a while

^^ This, we are NOT MOD 5 FFS, we are mod 4, with some 5 mixed in.
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    your lucky, but dont invest in RP.. dont fall for that trap.

Buy dragonborn pack , or Scourge warlock packs (for account wide bags/pets) and a 110% mount.

those are still the best value.
  • strictlyevilstrictlyevil Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    So what should I be on the lookout for? and do you think we will get EE before the 3 Campaigns before tyranny?

I doubt it based on the info the recently released about their plan to release all of the past modules in the year 2015. No mention of a date or flowchart for future modules was made in that post so I'd wager that we will not see Mod 6 until 2016 after all of the previous content has been released.

This is just a theory of course so take it however you want.
    Ancient 18.8k CW | Ancient Heals 18k DC | Ancient Tank 22.2k GF | GT: XGC Army
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • blueberry1973blueberry1973 Member Posts: 58
    edited May 2015
    You need to buy a life and real gf. Your imaingery one is not cutting it.
  • therealshakur70therealshakur70 Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    You need to buy a life and real gf. Your imaingery one is not cutting it.

and why is this?

you should also learn to spell.