test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A true fix to the kicking issue

xjayscxjaysc Member Posts: 9 Arc User
I think everyone is looking at this one way. Fix the front end of kicking. My proposal, fix the back end.

So Scum 1 initiates kick. Ignoramus 1, 2 ,and 3 vote yes because WINDOW OPEN! Here's where things change. If the vote is successful the kickee gets 30 seconds before loading screen. Kick timer is paused if a loot roll is initiated. Kick timer is paused in combat.

This should give anyone kicked after the boss time to grab their chest and roll on loot before loading screen. Also those waiting to fill that one spot with a cleric or tank will have to wait longer, making them more apt to either find one before queuing or run with what they have.

Sure, not perfect and trolls gonna troll.
Post edited by xjaysc on

Comments

• greatg1gintheskygreatg1ginthesky Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    This doesn't 'fix' anything, it just prolongs it. People will still be getting kicked for nothing.
  • xjayscxjaysc Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Sure it does. Why do people kick for nothing? (hint: it's not for nothing) They are kicking to not share gear rolls. My way you still get loot rolls. Fixed that reason. They are kicking cause they think its funny to stop someone from getting their chest. Take the fun out of it and it will curb itself. Fixed that reason.

As to the other reason to kick. They think someones gearscore is too low. Well now they know they have to wait a minimum of 30secs. Keep getting into combat and picking up items and it's longer. They'll be more likely to at least try the dungeon to not have to wait or queue up with their desired classes.
  • flayer138flayer138 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The kicking for gearscore <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> is getting stupid, when I don't get kicked for my gearscore (14800) I'm consistently doing more damage than anyone no matter how high their gearscore is padded. People need to learn in this game to check stat distribution so they stop running with people who stack power to like 8000 and ignore other stats.