test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Rookie question: Epic Dungeon Requirements

ratgaxratgax Member Posts: 2 Arc User
Hi everyone,

I've been playing the game for some weeks, really enyoing it (when not disconnected), and having fun. I've got to level 60 and now I see that the epic dungeon queues require some kind of... score.

Can anyone tell me what is that score? I know it can be a very dumb question but I've been playing alone and don't have a clue about that.

What do I have to do to raise that number and meet the requirements? I just cant enter any epic dungeon.

Thanks in advance!!
Post edited by ratgax on

Comments

• strictlyevilstrictlyevil Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    In the bottom left side of the image you'll see a yellow highlighted block. Once you pull up your character sheet from the start menu you will see this page. That highlighted area is where you find your current gear score.

This score is the addition of all of your current stats being given to you by your gear and enchantments as well as other items.

This is basically a rough guide as to how far your character has progressed since you created it. The higher it is the better (though this is only true if you are correctly distributing yours stats for your build)

Someone with a lower gear score but more carefully distributed stats will more often than not do better than someone with a higher gear score that doesn't have good stat placement.

2015-05-20%2011_40_29-Neverwinter_%20Control%20Wizard%20DPS%20Scores%20Build%20V1%20Xbox%20One%20-%20YouTube_zps4bbrkvbi.png
    Ancient 18.8k CW | Ancient Heals 18k DC | Ancient Tank 22.2k GF | GT: XGC Army
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • greatg1gintheskygreatg1ginthesky Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    It's called gear score. It's made up from what items you have equipped, what artifacts you have equipped, and what enchantments you have in your items. A good way to meet the minimum requirements would be to have all blue level 60 items, and if you can... get a few pvp items (purple) from the vendor.

From there, you should meet minimum requirements for T1 dungeons. Once you can run them, you can pick up a T1 set of items, and in turn move on to T2 dungeons. Don't forget to stick some enchantments in your items, and level up your artifact (you should have got one from questing on your way to lvl 60) along the way.

A key point is to not concentrate too much on gear score, it is in fact just a guide-line to which level dungeons/skirmishes you can enter.. in reality, it's much more important to make sure you've built your character well, and can use it in a team scenario. Your gear score will take a natural progression if you work your way through the level 60 content.

Don't forget to crack on with your campaign too, at the end of it you'll unlock more level 60 content (dungeon and skirmish), and a nice artifact weapon.

Good luck :)
  • beoshabeosha Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    At L60, you should easily be able to make it into the 6000's with a mix of greens and blues. I'm above 9000 and still have green boots, and no epic gear at all.

And as someone else has said, you should worry less about gear score, and more about playing well with others. :)
  • quebraregraquebraregra Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    beosha wrote: »
    At L60, you should easily be able to make it into the 6000's with a mix of greens and blues. I'm above 9000 and still have green boots, and no epic gear at all.

And as someone else has said, you should worry less about gear score, and more about playing well with others. :)

I'd like to applaud this post... Take heed to what the gentle sentient has said.
  • flayer138flayer138 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    That's called gearscore, it's used to waste your time re queuing over and over for dungeons because most xbox players see it as proof that you're good at your class and know what you're doing... The only way to avoid this is to grab a credit card and purchase as much zen as you can to boost your gearscore and trick the xbox community into thinking you're good enough to make their dungeon run super easy.
  • ratgaxratgax Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Thanks a lot for all those answers, they all helped a lot.

I've been playing solo because of my limited english skills and there's a lot of things I still don't know, but just discovered the forums and I see there's a lot of nice people here.

I'll try to run some dungeons but I still have a lot to do with the campaign, the x2 experience bonus has pulled me from the place I should be and I missed some locations and quests. I think I'll have to go back and check all those things I left :-)
  • greatg1gintheskygreatg1ginthesky Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    ratgax wrote: »
    Thanks a lot for all those answers, they all helped a lot.

I've been playing solo because of my limited english skills and there's a lot of things I still don't know, but just discovered the forums and I see there's a lot of nice people here.

I'll try to run some dungeons but I still have a lot to do with the campaign, the x2 experience bonus has pulled me from the place I should be and I missed some locations and quests. I think I'll have to go back and check all those things I left :-)

Ah sorry, I think you misunderstood me when I said campaign. The campaign I was referring to is the 'Tyranny of Dragons', which will take a long time to complete because each stage has a 20 hour time limit on it before you can accept it again (they are repeatable quests), so it's better you start them as soon as you can.

It's ok if you missed some of the single player quests as you were levelling up because the only ones of real importance are:

The very first area will give you an inventory bag as a reward, and then there is another quest at around level 30 (sorry, I don't remember the name of the quest), that will also reward you with an inventory bag. Other than that, it's ok if you miss little bits/locations.. Just make sure you do any special quests that show up (you'll get an icon on your screen that doesn't go away until you accept the quest), because you get your artifact etc from these.
  • quebraregraquebraregra Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    flayer138 wrote: »
    That's called gearscore, it's used to waste your time re queuing over and over for dungeons because most xbox players see it as proof that you're good at your class and know what you're doing... The only way to avoid this is to grab a credit card and purchase as much zen as you can to boost your gearscore and trick the xbox community into thinking you're good enough to make their dungeon run super easy.

Classic... I just did that by sloshing AD into the market, and sadly it worked. Why are people so stupid?