test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Drop Rates for Lockboxes

stocksaucerstocksaucer Member Posts: 10 Arc User
Does anyone know of drop rates for purple items on the lockboxes?

In looking at the drake or artifact, they go for roughly 500K AD. Converting that to zen, you are probably talking about to about a 1:35 chance?

I have opened approximately 15 boxes with not a drop, but wanted to see if the odds would be for the next 15?

Thanks for any info.
Post edited by stocksaucer on

Comments

• eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    In looking at the drake or artifact, they go for roughly 500K AD. Converting that to zen, you are probably talking about to about a 1:35 chance?

LOL. More like 1/10th that. Lockbox "purple" items seem to be about a 0.2%-0.4% chance.

Here's some RNG tests that should give you a ballpark idea.

Best advice is buy it on AH unless you are opening massive amounts of lockboxes regularly.
  • monktoastymonktoasty Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    eldarth wrote: »
    LOL. More like 1/10th that. Lockbox "purple" items seem to be about a 0.2%-0.4% chance.

Here's some RNG tests that should give you a ballpark idea.

Best advice is buy it on AH unless you are opening massive amounts of lockboxes regularly.

The odds are against you
  • krad777krad777 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Never will understand the fascination with these lock boxes. You're practically gambling real currency for an incredibly small chance at a rare item. It's honestly not worth the investment and I would advise anyone to stay away from them:
    "An Idle mind is the devils workshop"
  • monktoastymonktoasty Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    krad777 wrote: »
    Never will understand the fascination with these lock boxes. You're practically gambling real currency for an incredibly small chance at a rare item. It's honestly not worth the investment and I would advise anyone to stay away from them:

To me its gambling, just hidden behind false currency
  • stocksaucerstocksaucer Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Thank you for the response. With those odds, you are absolutely correct. Its an interesting model, and have been playing this game a lot. I purchased $10 of the game to help support and would probably do a little more but the prices just seem fairly high. Well here is to grinding out on some AD. Thanks again.
  • au5tackerau5tacker Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Lockboxes are what I affectionately call an 'idiot tax'

It's made for people with high hopes who generally cannot count.

I'd only bother investing in keys if you have everything else in the game could possibly want and are still swimming in AD with nothing else to spend it on.
  • friedarmenianfriedarmenian Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Now let's talk about the lockbox dropping in game. Is it me, or does it drop faster than a hooker to her knees on Pimp Appreciation Day?

While farming peridots and aquamarine from zombies in ebon downs, more lockboxes drop than silly enchantment. Nothing rare about them. How about they give a random chance of dropping unlocked? Since I have 600 accumulated in a week, you know **** well I am not buying 600 keys.

Or.... let us sell them to vendors for gold, or salvage for AD.

Can I get a he'll-yeah!!
    Huh....I thought Ballsdeep was a location in Lord of the Rings.

Xbox Avatar=FriedArmenian
    Level 60 GWF=Buckaroofury
  • arlequin13arlequin13 Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    krad777 wrote: »

Wish i had a link but one of my favorite family guy moments sums it up best. Peter is offered a boat or a mystery envelope. When he goes for the envelope to the dismay of his whole family he quickly replies that there might be a boat inside.

It's the mystery :)
  • therealshakur70therealshakur70 Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I have opened 82 lock boxes and have not had anything overly good come out of them.

dragon scales
    tarmalune trade bars, these come in handy though cause I can buy coalescent wards for 200 ea and these bars add up fairly quickly
    lots of rank 6 enchants of various assortments
    maybe 4 or 5 rank 7 enchants
    lots of refining stones, uncommon to rare quality
    lots of marks, uncommon to rare quality with a few greater marks of potency
    a ton of companion tomes and rank 6 enchantments
    lots of crappy profession items, mostly green with a few rare, 0 purple
    oh and 1 dragon egg which I don't think is even that good
    a few other random items not worth mentioning

EDIT:

forgot to mention that it cost me between 1,304,250 - 1,526,250 AD to buy the 82 keys since I purchased them anywhere between 141-165 AD per ZEN. so if you are looking for a specific item it would probably be best to just buy it from the AH. unfortunately I can't do this because I'm stupid and like to get pissed off every time I open a lockbox and get stupid items, so I'll just keep wasting my AD.
  • jood87jood87 Member Posts: 37
    edited May 2015
    I have opened roughly 1500 and have had 4 belials, 1 assassin drake, and 2 oghmas.
  • therealshakur70therealshakur70 Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    jood87 wrote: »
    I have opened roughly 1500 and have had 4 belials, 1 assassin drake, and 2 oghmas.

I thought I opened a lot with 82, lol
  • maskedmenaceukmaskedmenaceuk Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I gonna come out and say you must be lying or your definately one of the greedy gits that kicks people after the final boss has been killed. 1500 lockbox keys would be 187500 zen or anywhere between 10 and 40 million diamonds depending on exchange rates. 10 million being the bottom line 50ad to 1 zen so how you could afford that is beyond me.

iv made around 1.5 - 2 million ad and I play alot. 6-8 hours a day, sometimes longer. If its not bs then apologies but I just cant see how its even possible to make that much in such a short time
  • xxreapershotxxxxreapershotxx Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I gonna come out and say you must be lying or your definately one of the greedy gits that kicks people after the final boss has been killed. 1500 lockbox keys would be 187500 zen or anywhere between 10 and 40 million diamonds depending on exchange rates. 10 million being the bottom line 50ad to 1 zen so how you could afford that is beyond me.

iv made around 1.5 - 2 million ad and I play alot. 6-8 hours a day, sometimes longer. If its not bs then apologies but I just cant see how its even possible to make that much in such a short time

bro ive opend a 1000+ boxes, im sitting on 10 mil ad and 18k gs as a dc, what are you talking about not possible. i had 2 mil ad the first week of release. just because you havent acquired as much as others doesnt make them liers.

as of drop rate for me ive got 1 drake, 2 oghmas, 2 assassins drake, have hit 2 tradebar jackpots. and pretty much i can tell you its all luck. my bud and im sure along with other players open a few and get the epic, legendary item. just has to be your day.
  • mrdurvamrdurva Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    bro ive opend a 1000+ boxes, im sitting on 10 mil ad and 18k gs as a dc, what are you talking about not possible. i had 2 mil ad the first week of release. just because you havent acquired as much as others doesnt make them liers.

as of drop rate for me ive got 1 drake, 2 oghmas, 2 assassins drake, have hit 2 tradebar jackpots. and pretty much i can tell you its all luck. my bud and im sure along with other players open a few and get the epic, legendary item. just has to be your day.

I smell a wallet warrior......
  • xxreapershotxxxxreapershotxx Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    lol im from LA im 22 cant be much of a wallet warrior but i have played other games with easy transfer markets.
  • jood87jood87 Member Posts: 37
    edited May 2015
    I can't run dungeons, I'm a TR, so the only thing I have going for me is playing the TH with lockbox contents.
  • blackxxwolf3blackxxwolf3 Member Posts: 1,539 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I can't run dungeons, I'm a TR, so the only thing I have going for me is playing the TH with lockbox contents.

i suggest farming for rp with lesser dragons hoards before they are nerfed and your reset. you save up enough and youll be the first to get your artifacts to mythic and keep your artifact equipment at legendary.
  • jaxcevaaljaxcevaal Member Posts: 63
    edited May 2015
    I've opened up over 4,000 boxes. I've started making a spreadsheet from the last 2k+ boxes of every loot item I receive opening them.

My worst run was 560 boxes with ZERO good loot (No drakes, oghmas, belials.... nothing...) And my best run (well, that's not quite public information yet mwahaha still working on my 10k box spreadsheet)
    I started with about 3 million AD and every AD I make goes into opening boxes. I market a lot of what I get and use the rest. I enjoy the gamble and I don't care for going past 15k GS (I don't see a point, as a DC I can already do everything very well...) so I have nothing else to spend my money on. So far I've about broken even opening boxes, but there's been some times where I thought I was going to go broke.

I have received a bunch of good items, and I have NEVER received a Skeletal Steed or Imperial Rage Drake. The price of Trade Bar items has tanked and is starting to make it not worth opening boxes at all. But like I said, nothing else to buy so why not go for broke? :D

The odds really are against you. You're better off buying the rage or oghmas if you want it.