test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Economy in Neverwinter

hellxherehellxhere Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 41
edited May 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
Hi folks,

I sincerely would like some explanation on how are we supposed to make AD in Neverwinter when you are a new or legit player?

Indeed, it is cheaper to buy enchantments rather than craft them. It is cheaper to buy gear than craft them. It is cheaper to buy artifacts with linu's favor (buy dragon hoard coffer 15*100) than at AH.

So where do players make AD if it is not by looting/crafting/selling?

Farm all day on ELOL since other donjeons dont drop pricy artifact? Do 3000 Ad quests with Rhix? salvage all the t1 t2 gear we farmed all day? Oups i m blocked with my raw AD refinement i got from Rhix and prayers...

I tried different methods playing with the ZEN/AD ratio, buying last seconds auctions, playing with the gold/ad rate, try to control the price on a specific artifact/gear... All that resulted on a lot of time for very few results.

I m sorry i dont have 30+ character with a bot doing leadership tasks all day and night.
I m sorry i dont buy from goldsellers
I m sorry i dont have a bot farming enchantments etc all day

So how do i do AD when i dont buy ZEN for that?
Post edited by hellxhere on

Comments

• Options
    matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Answer is pretty easy, only buy buying Zen from Cryptic, no other legit way.

Mod 6 is a bad construction in that sense too, that it isn't alt friendly anymore. It begun as an alt heavy game, now i am happy if i can spend on 1 or 2 max.
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• Options
    aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Farm all day on ELOL since other donjeons dont drop pricy artifact?

VT, MC, KR all drop pricey artifacts, as do the dragons in RV and WC. You can farm Heralds and sell the RP (though you probably want AD to buy RP)
  • Options
    hellxherehellxhere Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 41
    edited May 2015
    aulduron wrote: »
    VT, MC, KR all drop pricey artifacts, as do the dragons in RV and WC. You can farm Heralds and sell the RP (though you probably want AD to buy RP)

I would love to play MC but this map lags too much to be interesting.
    I m taking the elol example because it is really easy and with a correct group you easily finish it within 20minutes.
    Indeed DR are funny but you have to do them all day long to get a tiny chance to do some ADs
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I'll let this stand--but I've removed the portions asking for a dev response, as targeted threads are not allowed. When you make a thread on the forums, you do so with the understanding that any poster with an active posting privilege can post to your thread. If you wish ONLY for a dev or staff answer, please make use of the PM system to contact a dev directly.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    quspivquspiv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The problem is that NWO had some AD exploits in the past which ruined the economy and on top of that Cryptic only made AD farming harder which means that players who played before m6 or / and got some benefit from AD exploits will have multiple gain now as they can simply buy w/e fotm items are and t hen re-sell them for a lot more AD.

New players are in bad spot, because it's a lot harder to farm AD now and no more exploits (i hope so) while the prices are still affected by the past events.

Perhaps they will try to improve the situation in m7 or m8, but until then you're left with farming eLoL or gambling with lockboxes.
  • Options
    hfgtfsdfshfgtfsdfs Member Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The whole game mechanics regarding AD is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. Back in the days we had CN with BiS weapon/offhand/ring/neck/belt drops that was BoE and that gave us a way to farm for AD. But that was a long time ago and they just made it worse and worse with each mod.

CN last boss was the best this game had. 5 players, one boss and one BoE drop. That gave us a 1/5 chance to get something in each dungeon. And with friends/guilds you could run spreadsheet so everyne got something after 5 runs. Now you can end up farming the same dungeon 50 times without getting anything.

And the new ToS etc only drop PvE items and once you get them there is no need to do it again. Such a waste of dungeons.. They need to drop something that we can sell so we have a reason to go back.

The only reason players searches for exploits and easy AD/RP is because there is no legit way to actually farm anything in this game anymore.
    ZengiaH@ejziponken
  • Options
    carrytiexcarrytiex Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Agreed with ^that guy. Though players don't only exploit because they feel they have to, they also do it just because they can. If they rework CN though, I'd bet money that they will remove what made it great in the first place.
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I honestly cannot imagine starting this game as a non spending casual (couple of hours per day) new player , the RP mountain is completely insane and the developers have systematically removed just about every way to farm AD due to the heavy handed, legit community damaging way they deal with botters , there are just a couple left for them to shut down .
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    hfgtfsdfs wrote: »
    The whole game mechanics regarding AD is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. Back in the days we had CN with BiS weapon/offhand/ring/neck/belt drops that was BoE and that gave us a way to farm for AD. But that was a long time ago and they just made it worse and worse with each mod.

CN last boss was the best this game had. 5 players, one boss and one BoE drop. That gave us a 1/5 chance to get something in each dungeon. And with friends/guilds you could run spreadsheet so everyne got something after 5 runs. Now you can end up farming the same dungeon 50 times without getting anything.

And the new ToS etc only drop PvE items and once you get them there is no need to do it again. Such a waste of dungeons.. They need to drop something that we can sell so we have a reason to go back.

Yeah, good old days!

Yeah, you could get your BiS weapon in a tough dungeon run and everybody had the same, the gap between players wasn't so big as with the introduction of artifact weapons.

I actually have avoided the artifact weapons for long, only Mod 6 made me jump on the train, cause i had no other choice, but if those Dungeons would ever come back as they were and would drop weapon sets again, i would go back asap, but to be honest i think that will never happen, Devs forced us to spend on artifact gear, i think this is one reason for no weapon sets from MC/VT anymore, while CN is sadly gone.

I was actually amused about people, who spent a ton of RP on artifact weapons before Mod 6 and got a worse result DPS wise, than my toon with the CN weapon set. This was actually the case when i compared the damage coming from lots of my former guildies' purple artifact weapons to my purple castle weapon sets.

I could use the remaining AD to build more alts.

The old system was better in PVP too, purple VT/MC/CN weapons on everyone as BiS and yet again we could feel ourselves a bit more equal.
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• Options
    edited May 2015
    carrytiex wrote: »
    Agreed with ^that guy. Though players don't only exploit because they feel they have to, they also do it just because they can. If they rework CN though, I'd bet money that they will remove what made it great in the first place.

Yeah, current AD desert system doesn't favor the legit players at all, on the contrary, i have never seen so much exploiters as nowadays.

Let's be honest all of us want BiS gear and while many of us can't afford it, many have found a way to get it by exploiting.

What makes me feel bad is firstly, that Cryptic didn't get it, that with the cut off of AD resources they have actually made the base of botters and exploiters grow. Secondly i am angry at those who make a BiS gear with exploits in a few days and are getting away with it.
    Robert E. Lee

Winston Churchill

David Icke

• Options
    khimera906khimera906 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I think that in the long run having less AD will be beneficial to the economy. The good old days weren't all that good, not for everyone at least. Those that were here since the beginning remember the exploits that were going on in just about every dungeon. Who can remember the long, long forum threads debating if it's ok to use exploits or not? We had elitism, exploiters and people taking advantage of each other. Making AD wasn't easy from the start, but we moved forward, we learned, we worked hard and more options became available over time. Let's not get overly dramatical or overly melancholic.
    I hate dancing with Lady Luck. She always steps on my toes.
  • Options
    suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    a) The circulated AD amount will probably decline with the player number, same for the generated AD. So in the midterm those less AD you earn will be worth the same or maybe even more - some sinks there are (MoPs, AuCubes,...) are fairly stable.

b) The economy has taken another heavy blow in Mod 5 by the spam of T1/T2 items that popped from Tia's and Heralds, which large parts of the playerbase gleefully farmed excessively. Don't blame that all on the old boys...

c) The only remaining reliable source of income, that BTW hasn't been curtailed that much is the LS AD farm. OK, the Rhix quests can give you a start, but the amount that can be garnered from those - and the Lord Protector's which were abolished - have been about halved I'd guesstimate, and many of them aren't really what I'd call time-efficient or reliable.

d) Many currently high-price markets are already doomed, have been on their inception. Examples are the lingerie department (everybody will have their sweet new lavender undies, eventually), Alchemy (once people have upped their first armour set they'll probably won't do that again anytime soon, and also, there's more and more people flooding in that market), pet accessories (obviously again, soon everybody will have bought the new doggie collar/ring/whatnot for all their companions. Prices already had gone down some time ago, didn't care to look right now).

e) We're (or rather: Our toons are) living in interesting times...
  • Options
    jaotutjaotut Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I remember last mod, bosses were dropping GMOPs, and random artifacts, but these seem to have disappeared in the loot table. I think they should bring these back, even at a low drop rates, then people could still get something worth 100k+ once a while from dungeon runs.
    Merlin - CW Merlyn - HR Psylocke - TR Black Widow - GWF

Have the gear and skills, but lack the friends to play with? Come and apply for Essence of Aggression. We have been here and strong since beta. (Immature, rude, and arrogant people will not be accepted)
  • Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    hellxhere wrote: »
    I would love to play MC but this map lags too much to be interesting.
    I m taking the elol example because it is really easy and with a correct group you easily finish it within 20minutes.
    Indeed DR are funny but you have to do them all day long to get a tiny chance to do some ADs

10 minutes with an experianced group.
  • Options
    imm0rtalboyimm0rtalboy Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    If they make a black opal drop from DD boss or in DD chest and make it BoA this will give new players a chance to catch old players and not only new players but legit players as well
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    wentriswentris Member Posts: 542 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    One of main rules how to earn AD easily - dont ask on forums how to do that :) If something is well known you may be sure it wont give you much AD. Be creative, find your own ways, look whats lacking on market and how you can supply it. Yes I have been playing for quite some time by now and earned some of my wealth earlier, but I believe there are easy (and legit) ways to earn AD even now... But the main reason why they are easy is because not many people noticed it and you dont have high competition on the market.
  • Options
    suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    wentris wrote: »
    One of main rules how to earn AD easily - dont ask on forums how to do that :) [...]

...at least when it's about what hi-price commodity to farm where. Prices are high and sty high because supply doesn't exceed the demand. Only advice you'll be given eagerly is how to mint AD via leadership.
  • Options
    neirgaraneirgara Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    There still are several legitimate ways to get AD aside from leadership alts.

1. Rhix

Daily Skirmish (3 Skirmishes) = 3000 AD
    Daily Dungeon (1 Dungeon) = 3000 AD
    Daily PVP (4 PVP Matches) = 4000 AD
    Daily Foundry (4 Foundries) = 3000 AD

2. PVP

Daily PVP Win = 4000 AD (+ Seal of Triumph and 500 Glory)
    Farm for Glory = BiS Items or Items that can be scrapped for raw AD

3. Hourly Events

Skirmishes = 1000 AD per Skirmish (combines with the Rhix Skirmish Quest)
    Dungeon Delve = 3000 AD extra in the chest

4. Dungeon Runs

Ilevel 1600+ - The items in the Chests can be scrapped for raw AD (3000 for Jewels, 4000 for small Armor pieces, 5000 for Torso piece)

Mini Dungeons on Campaign maps - Play them for the chance to win artifacts, companions and RP stone, sometimes you even get Marks. Sell them on AH afterwards

5. Leadership

Even with only 1 or 2 characters, with Leadership on lvl 20 you can get 9000 - 10000 raw AD a day by setting professions tasks twice a day, at lvl 21+ its even more with additional RP Stones that you can sell on AH

6. Events

When there is an event like CTA, play it as often as possible, especially while there is the skirmish hourly event for extra AD. You can sell what you get in the chest

7. Auction House

Buy things on AH when they are cheap, sell when expensive.

Examples:

When there is an event, buy items that can be won during event at the last day or the day after. Wait around 2 months and sell them.

Buy old T1 and T2 Equipment with Setbonus. As they can not be found anymore, they become rarer (and thuis more expensive) every day. Sell them some months later.

Buy RP Stones and enchantments in around 1-2 months. Hoard them until next 2xRP weekend and sell them for double or thrice what you paid.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    kalindra wrote: »
    That's the way this game is monetarized: stick to the low-level play or pay up big bucks (you could also inherit a fortune made in the early days of the closed beta gold rush or got illegal).

(...kind of like RL this way, if you think about it; maybe it's more educational than one would expect from an MMO.)

True, tho this should be dream land, not real life, but true. If i may come up with an example, i would say it is like the famous quote from Jason Statham in the Parker movie, when he enters Palm Beach.
    Robert E. Lee

Winston Churchill

David Icke

• Options
    commanderdata001commanderdata001 Member Posts: 307 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2015
    khimera906 wrote: »
    I think that in the long run having less AD will be beneficial to the economy. The good old days weren't all that good, not for everyone at least. Those that were here since the beginning remember the exploits that were going on in just about every dungeon. Who can remember the long, long forum threads debating if it's ok to use exploits or not? We had elitism, exploiters and people taking advantage of each other. Making AD wasn't easy from the start, but we moved forward, we learned, we worked hard and more options became available over time. Let's not get overly dramatical or overly melancholic.

lol. Now we had lets say... extensive dragon's hoard users and its much much better...
    At least Cn runs required some skill.
    We can have 3-4+ item level ppl who don't know how to play or what to do but they have full yellow/green and r12s...
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    We can have 3-4+ item level ppl who don't know how to play or what to do but they have full yellow/green and r12s...

Spot on Mr Data!

I get the laugh, when i hear my whale friends crying the same song, when they get 1 sot by mobs or when i see them struggle the same way, as we little players do.
    Robert E. Lee

Winston Churchill

David Icke

• Options
    edited May 2015
    Spot on Mr Data!

I get the laugh, when i hear my whale friends crying the same song, when they get 1 sot by mobs or when i see them struggle the same way, as we little players do.

Yeah in the old days:
    You had higher gear if you actually played the game like CN, GG, T2s.

Now you have the highest gear when you "overuse" dragon hoards enchantments and know less about the actual dungeons.
    You can complain about its drop rate, daily limit etc though to have even higher gear...
  • Options
    khimera906khimera906 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    lol. Now we had lets say... extensive dragon's hoard users and its much much better...
    I'm not making a comparison, and I'm certainly not saying it's better now than it was before.
    Just saying, bugs and exploiters have been around since the beginning, and making ADs has become a lot easier with time. That's why we have this AD inflation. I think making ADs will become easier again for legit players. Wasn't this the point of this thread?
    I hate dancing with Lady Luck. She always steps on my toes.
  • Options
    ofnieslafofnieslaf Member Posts: 381 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    the economy is fine right now, te strongest survive

regards
  • Options
    wolfpaqdwolfpaqd Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    hellxhere wrote: »
    I m sorry i dont have 30+ character with a bot doing leadership tasks all day and night.

I don't understand why people feel the need to exaggerate so.

With 10 characters and 1 login, game or gateway, per day, you can be netting 100k AD per day.

Not too shabby.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,255 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    For this game, you just need to figure out how to finance your main character(s). That is you have to produce AD one way or the other.
    Some people pay real money. Some people set up a financial team. Some people farm the dungeon/skirmish. Some people plays AH.
    You just need to find the way that fits you. If you can't, you just can't play this game or you can play this game for a loooong time.

In a nutshell, you need to deal with your finance (and you should already know about it) before your first character reaches level 30.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    khimera906 wrote: »
    I'm not making a comparison, and I'm certainly not saying it's better now than it was before.
    Just saying, bugs and exploiters have been around since the beginning, and making ADs has become a lot easier with time. That's why we have this AD inflation. I think making ADs will become easier again for legit players. Wasn't this the point of this thread?

I despise (nobrainer) botters a thousand time than exploiters! They are ruining the ecnomy and the game totally.