test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

So it looks like we HR's got our deflect stat back

discoricediscorice Member Posts: 371 Arc User
edited May 2015 in The Wilds
It's a start.

That, plus the Seladrine set and a perfect barkshield made my HR reasonably sturdy for the first several hits of an encounter, for the first time in a while. I don't think I should need all of that to stay in a shakey, knock-kneed but upright position doing lvl 70 daily content, but it's a step in the right direction.
Fear Of A Disco Planet
Post edited by discorice on

Comments

• Options
    blackxxwolf3blackxxwolf3 Member Posts: 1,539 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    im gonna go check this out.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Well it's like this - I respec'd on the test server into a bunch more dex, and it came out to me having 38.8% deflect. When I went back to the live server and respec'd exactly the same way it ended up only giving me around 23% (which I started a thread about in general discussion) before the patch on 5/15. After the patch went through (and upgrading a silvery enchant) my deflect is 39% and change. Hooray for us!
    Fear Of A Disco Planet
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    i just noticed this now i can finally put silvery enchants in my defense slots and be the hr i always wanted to be.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Woooooootywooooo!
    Fear Of A Disco Planet
  • Options
    query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    They also cast disintigrate on Serpent so it is a net loss.....
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Did they? Oh dear... I wasn't using that but I'm sure some people are gonna be upset.
    Fear Of A Disco Planet
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    discorice wrote: »
    Did they? Oh dear... I wasn't using that but I'm sure some people are gonna be upset.

yep it was the thing i never took off. now im switching to aspect of the lone wolf.
  • Options
    vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    i dont see any difference in my defensive ability. mobs still hit hard
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    They do hit hard. If you're solely counting on deflect, you're probably gonna go down. Layered defenses are key. I still can't take giant spikes, but the things I mentioned in the original post keep me upright well enough to do the non-WoD dailies and lairs in relative comfort. I still contend that one should not require perfect armor enchantments, ALL of the boons, and an artifact gear set bonus to keep them alive in daily content, but at least my archer is sort of playable now.
    Fear Of A Disco Planet
  • Options
    query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    ^^^ what I was saying. We got a tiny bit of deflect and lost 10-15% DPS (or more feated serpent's bite and OH weapon effect for another 2%) So net outcome the HR patch 'fix' was a net loss for me. Given boosted LS to accomodate that nerf I am down DPS and survivability for a lousy 5% deflect. SMH......
  • Options
    feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I do just fine with lifesteal boons instead of regen, endless consumption and the 5% increased lifesteal while in melee stance (I play a trapper). I slot lone wolf sometimes in pve but usually use seeker's vengeance + crushing roots. SV is a poor substitute for aspect of the serpent but while it's broken (because Cryptic can't fix any one thing without breaking three others) I'll adapt. In pvp, using loen wolf, I regularly come away with 1v2 victories and can often stand against three or four enemies for a minute at a time...and this is before slotting the greater elven battle I made today. Now that lone wolf is fixed I deflect like crazy, and I use the Lostmauth set, so I could have much better stats in that regard. Now if they'd just fix AotS, armor pen on roots, control bonuses, switftness of the fox...then the CWs would really start whining.