test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

please fix -well of dragons-dragon run -it becomes totally unplayable 80% of the time

earlgreybeardearlgreybeard Member Posts: 407 Arc User
edited May 2015 in Bug Reports (PC)
either server upgrade -less instance or less players per instance or something along those lines

9x out of 10 , i run to the dragon take a couple of swings and next thing i have been rubber banded out in the camps surrounding the fight with mobs of enemy attacking me and unable to move

if i can get past that i either cant get the on my mount to follow to the next dragon or i am stuck trying to release to get back to spawn ... i mean like hitting shift+2 and ok 20+ times to respawn

an ongoing very frustrating online experience

the hordes of players wanting to participate in this series of HE's is the problem
there are no incentive on the other HE's like mistral point for example just to name one, to get them to flock there instead on just this one area/map

i would like to keep doing dragon run, but for now it has become so infuriating i will have to only find times when there is 5 full instances instead of 10
because as soon as more than 5 are full it becomes unplayable
the people next door must think i am killing someone from all the screaming at the screen
:P
Guild Leader Den of the Misfits
Post edited by earlgreybeard on

Comments

• Options
    phoenix1021phoenix1021 Member Posts: 532 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    There is nothing to fix, it's just too many people doing these. It's also lagging down other maps. All they can do is lower rewards and/or make the dragons even harder, so less people do the he all at once...
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    i should add i am using the Australian server
    so all u yanks can take a swipe at me for that... cheers to all my fellow NW player friends wherever u arr...r

comeon .... tell me thats the way its always been and to like it or lump it
  • Options
    evaliraevalira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The dragon difficulty needs to be reduced so that you don't have to have 40 ppl in the instance to kill all 5, and thus create more lag.

It's also a waste of my time having to be in the WoD 15 minutes before the heralds start to make sure I can get in a good instance.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    evalira wrote: »
    The dragon difficulty needs to be reduced so that you don't have to have 40 ppl in the instance to kill all 5, and thus create more lag.

If they still give purple refinement stones and artifact belts/cloaks, then easier dragons will just lead to even more people coming...
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    There is nothing to fix, it's just too many people doing these. It's also lagging down other maps. All they can do is lower rewards and/or make the dragons even harder, so less people do the he all at once...
    you have to be kidding me

*nothing to fix indeed

what about throwing a fraction of their profits at maintaining the servers to handle more( the overload of) connections?

it's so clagged up its not funny

they could also draw ppl away from that area if there was equal incentive to go elsewhere
    but no
    there is only a few places to get element seals and for many players those dungeons are just an injury kit suck
    spread it around a bit more and maybe the dragon run wont be such a clusterfork
  • Options
    neirgaraneirgara Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    They are already adressing some issues in todays patch, that should reduce lag and rubberbanding.

Try it again later that day. If it still lags this bad, try reducing your graphics and, if it's not already the case, try connecting to the internet via cable. (for me this did wonders)

I wish you luck and hope you will be able to kill some dragons soon. :)
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    neirgara wrote: »
    They are already adressing some issues in todays patch, that should reduce lag and rubberbanding.

Try it again later that day. If it still lags this bad, try reducing your graphics and, if it's not already the case, try connecting to the internet via cable. (for me this did wonders)

I wish you luck and hope you will be able to kill some dragons soon. :)

graphics are at minimal every time i try it
    but ty and same to you
  • Options
    millsc14millsc14 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    you have to be kidding me

*nothing to fix indeed

what about throwing a fraction of their profits at maintaining the servers to handle more( the overload of) connections?

it's so clagged up its not funny

they could also draw ppl away from that area if there was equal incentive to go elsewhere
    but no
    there is only a few places to get element seals and for many players those dungeons are just an injury kit suck
    spread it around a bit more and maybe the dragon run wont be such a clusterfork

dude, he's not kidding you. players hoard the dragons because mod6 increased their challenge rating. they do need to be nerfed so that the instances are not 30+ players. telling cryptic that they need to do this so you can play the area is also a joke and an insult to the community as a whole. even more so since you admit that you use the aussie servers, which there in may be your problem not the well of dragons.

over powered dragons in heralds issues:
    paladins with prism. causes lag as it does everybody. doesnt help.
    astral seal: damagesdragon and heals everyone around the dragon. even with 20 players this lags.
    astral seal part 2: as with cleansing fire. damages dragon, heals dragonslaying hoard and damages dragon henchies. massive lag.
    nerfing any of these would infact screw up the fanbase and players would leave teh game never to return
    I hear you though, id rather not do wod with a haord, but as it stands now, that is the only way to do it and finish it. in a hoard starting at green will get all 5 dragons with atleast 30 players. ...
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    millsc14 wrote: »
    dude, he's not kidding you. players hoard the dragons because mod6 increased their challenge rating. they do need to be nerfed so that the instances are not 30+ players. telling cryptic that they need to do this so you can play the area is also a joke and an insult to the community as a whole. even more so since you admit that you use the aussie servers, which there in may be your problem not the well of dragons.

over powered dragons in heralds issues:
    paladins with prism. causes lag as it does everybody. doesnt help.
    astral seal: damagesdragon and heals everyone around the dragon. even with 20 players this lags.
    astral seal part 2: as with cleansing fire. damages dragon, heals dragonslaying hoard and damages dragon henchies. massive lag.
    nerfing any of these would infact screw up the fanbase and players would leave teh game never to return
    I hear you though, id rather not do wod with a haord, but as it stands now, that is the only way to do it and finish it. in a hoard starting at green will get all 5 dragons with atleast 30 players. ...

the ''fan base' is what the problem is with this game, and why the functionality of pvp aspect of the game hasnt been overhauled long ago

as for being on an overseas server , that is irrelevant
    go sort out your xenophobia
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Look, I'm regularly getting lag in dungeons or campaign areas around a quarter to the hour. It's not every hour but when it happens it is for the entire map and stops only after about 10-15 minutes. That can't be coincidence. The servers are totally overloaded by this event, and the solution can't be to buy or rent new server capacity just for one single event in the game. The only logical solution would be to get people away from that event. The dragon runs are so boring and tedious, the fact so many are doing nothing than farming them should be a clear sign that the reward vs effort ratio is very much off. The purple stones and artifacts need to go from the dragons. Put them into the tiamat encounter, make loot there better, often it's just a minor stone and a coin pouch you get in that one.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Why does it have to be the servers every time?
    And why are people always so sure, what the problem has to be, though they don't have any reliable information about Cryptic's technical assets?

I find it more believable, that there are some errors in the coding of a map (which, as we already know has happened often enough) or some completely other problem, clogging up everything. Like the thing with the lingering daily powers which they adressed in todays patch.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,220 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Fortunately (for me), I don't have the mention problem materially when I do the 40 men 5 dragon run. May be slow down once a while but it was manageable. Not worse than when I did that in mod 5. I did not even lower the graphic.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    well i just tried it after this latest patch and it seemed much better, could actually get thru 4 dragons without getting killed

a few spikes of lag but nothing like i had been experiencing the last few days
    (nearly every instance was full)
    so good work if it stays this way
    i will see how it is next time
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    well i just tried it after this latest patch and it seemed much better, could actually get thru 4 dragons without getting killed

a few spikes of lag but nothing like i had been experiencing the last few days
    (nearly every instance was full)
    so good work if it stays this way
    i will see how it is next time

That sounds awesome.

Was not able yet to acces game thanks to work, real life and all these things but I really look forward to try it. Lag got very bad for me in the last days ...

Did anyone try Spinward Rise? Is it better now?
  • Options
    gogu79gogu79 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    they cant fix nothing erased some dungeons to add 4 new mod 6 maps
    think they have no space to grow up this game and runn game at 100% capacity
    im 100% sure :-always will be lag in this game lag and rubberbanding
    now im out of bussines with this game but i hope they will do some changes and solve some bugs in time
    Dragons? On MY Way !!
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    lag is much much better or was for 1 day at least lol
    now the dragons are twice as hard as they were... with more hp and more aoe more often

but it's good they are working on it
    sorry if i sounded snarky about but it was driving me up the wall
  • Options
    blackxxwolf3blackxxwolf3 Member Posts: 1,539 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    If they still give purple refinement stones and artifact belts/cloaks, then easier dragons will just lead to even more people coming...

and the price for the goods will drop and since that is the only farmable thing for good rp lets not do this ok?
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    and the price for the goods will drop and since that is the only farmable thing for good rp lets not do this ok?

You don't understand this. It is not only causing lag, it also means everyone who does not farm those dragons is left behind in the rp race. As I said they could just put the belts/cloaks in the tiamat loot and the rp too. Put some rp as reward for the weekly quest in wod and everything will be much better and not just laggy boring dragon grind that slows half the game down every hour.
  • Options
    blackxxwolf3blackxxwolf3 Member Posts: 1,539 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    You don't understand this. It is not only causing lag, it also means everyone who does not farm those dragons is left behind in the rp race. As I said they could just put the belts/cloaks in the tiamat loot and the rp too. Put some rp as reward for the weekly quest in wod and everything will be much better and not just laggy boring dragon grind that slows half the game down every hour.
    right but not only will the price drop but the instances will still be filled with 40 people to try and kill more dragons than they need too.but i also agree we need more rp in game.
  • Options
    autylautyl Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Every time i run the dragons on Well of Dragon my graphics are weird. I run in a glass enviroment and half of it is invisible :( There are to many players using skills ,pets and enviroment to build. Then i hear complaining about Astral Seal a DC skill and Holy Prism a Palladin skill. If that should be the problem!!! no way. Make your servers better Cryptic before you launch such huge raids. Then everyone can use the skills you invent for them. Now i write this is just wonder why i do because you almost never fix things only when you get benefits of it.
  • Options
    kemi1984kemi1984 Member Posts: 849 Arc User
    Yeah like make dragons have 100k HP so we can do it solo and this will create more, less populated instances.
    This will, further down the line, put less stress on the servers and enable us to farm RP with stable 60 FPS.

We will have more time to do other things like counting sand grains and pick flowers.

Oh oh, and return AD to Leadership and put Captcha to CHALLENGE DA BOTZ!

/sarcasm

I feel being really funny today.

Good day all!
    Nancy - Dragonborn, SM Guardian Fighter
    A proud member of "mythical horde of DPS GFs"

1). Is SW more dps or tank based?
    2). Yes. I am panzer!
    3). Get ACT if you want to celebrate your epeen.
    4). Horniness will not stand between me and what I believe - "MM"
  • Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    evalira said:

It's also a waste of my time having to be in the WoD 15 minutes before the heralds start to make sure I can get in a good instance.

+1

You used to be able to go to any instance and be assured there would be a run going on. We'd start at white--which is near the door, so you could get there last minute and charge on in.
  • Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    kemi1984 said:

Yeah like make dragons have 100k HP so we can do it solo and this will create more, less populated instances.
    This will, further down the line, put less stress on the servers and enable us to farm RP with stable 60 FPS.

We will have more time to do other things like counting sand grains and pick flowers.

Oh oh, and return AD to Leadership and put Captcha to CHALLENGE DA BOTZ!

/sarcasm

I feel being really funny today.

Good day all!

Return AD to Leadership.