test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How about a class re-roll token

santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
edited May 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
I've got a GF iLevel 2.5 and HP 92K. He cannot feasibly do IWD or WOD with current difficulty level. Since I've got so much time and expense in this one character, I think it is reasonable to expect a class change option, post-Mod 6. I'm certainly not planning to start from scratch with a Paladin or GWF--everything these days is bound to character.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• quaranaxquaranax Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I want a sex re-roll token, so I can become a lady at the weekends, like i do in real life.

• nathanmehew2435nathanmehew2435 Member Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I've got a GF iLevel 2.5 and HP 92K. He cannot feasibly do IWD or WOD with current difficulty level. Since I've got so much time and expense in this one character, I think it is reasonable to expect a class change option, post-Mod 6. I'm certainly not planning to start from scratch with a Paladin or GWF--everything these days is bound to character.

Not sure if troll or not. Every MMO is like this and you should get use to it if you play them. Never has there been a class change token and never will.
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Here's the problem. Say they have a $20 class change token...you pay your $20, change class and then find out it's worse that your GF.

What do you do then? Probably come to the forums and complain that you wasted $20 on a class change, and demand they give you a refund and change you back :)
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Ever considered the possibility of, I don't know, grouping up?
  • onegaki101onegaki101 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    quaranax wrote: »
    I want a sex re-roll token, so I can become a lady at the weekends, like i do in real life.

There is one available already, Race Reroll Token.
  • quspivquspiv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    You must be bad GF if you cant solo with such item lvl. Class re-roll token is not a problem but keep in mind that most of your items will be useless (except these which are not bound to specific class)
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    There is one already: it's called Character Slot; roll a new character. I'm not trolling, allow me to explain:

You change your class: now you have to redo a full respec (like a respec token) - now all your gear is laid waste: you have to re-acquire all that gear that is compatible with the new class (meaning re-level-up or spend a lot of AD in the AH and possibly not find what you really want). It would be easier and less costly to just roll a new character and do it all over again.

So beyond the "technical" limitations there are a lot of "is-it-worth-it" limitations that must be considered also. And because of this most people decide to either purchase or use an existing extra character slot to roll a new character; or delete their existing character to roll a new one. It depends on your ability or desire to do it.
  • mungsumungsu Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited May 2015

Let me guess, you're a lumberjack?
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    now all your gear is laid waste: you have to re-acquire all that gear that is compatible with the new class (meaning re-level-up or spend a lot of AD in the AH and possibly not find what you really want). It would be easier and less costly to just roll a new character and do it all over again.

Ahhh, but I just had to re-acquire everything post-Mod 6. So I'm kinda used to it now. Would have been an excellent time to change classes. This wasn't meant as a troll, but I would've thought that nuking regen, life-steal, and giving mobs artifact weapons all at one time "would never happen".
  • manzillaprimemanzillaprime Member Posts: 49
    edited May 2015

Nice troll post, but if true, the problem is you, not the class or the game. You should be facerolling the solo content in the level 73 zones you mentioned.
  • ancyrasancyras Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I guess it won't happen because of many reasons :
    - Sometimes, at some mods or patches some classes can be popular or stronger then others, some are can be weaker. Then most players re-roll to that class and it will effect class population in game badly.
    - As technically it can't be so easy. When you re-roll a class how your gear will be switched? For example if you are a dps role class and re-rolled to a tank. Which belt system will give you? Con belt, Seldarine or Lathander? system can give you an option to select maybe or you can accept to loose all your old gears but even like that, can make lots of techinal problems that people will complain about it. There are lots of technical questions about it. Not so simple.
    - We still discussing "are all spells & enchants & feats working properly?". When you reroll a class maybe new bugs can occur?

It's logical but a very hard request. But, something else should be done so people could play other classes and alts easily.

For example,
    - If you finished all campaigns in your account, your alts on same account can get double rewards and you spend less time on questing and spend more time on other activities like dungeons, dragons, pvp, tiamat,
    - Campaign boost token prices can be decreased from 5k zen to 1-2-3k,
    - Upgrading gear is very important for powering-up your character. Making a character to end.game point from zero takes very long time. So, every month or every weekend can be double RF event. People will have more fun from game to play with powerfull characters and can play multi classes and can play other classes/alts as their main.

I want to play all classes but boons and upgrading is biggest problem, boons are finished on some of them, some I still work, but upgrading is not easy.
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    quspiv wrote: »
    You must be bad GF if you cant solo with such item lvl. Class re-roll token is not a problem but keep in mind that most of your items will be useless (except these which are not bound to specific class)

That may be true. And I have only recently tweaked my stats that high--he has become more playable than he was after Mod 6 cursed everything. But I'm getting to the end of what I can tweak--expect to earn/buy--and the end-game doesn't look very appealing.
  • ashnvfashnvf Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    magenubbie wrote: »
    I lolled. But the short answer is: never gonna (and never should) happen.

Why not? They already gave out a game reroll token. Seems almost everyone got one of those.
  • rinat114rinat114 Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    edited May 2015

I second this.
    I want.

(on a side note though - it'll never happen, move on.)
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    quspiv wrote: »
    You must be bad GF if you cant solo with such item lvl.

Not true at all. Pre-m6 T2 gear gives you a false-high item score... something like 2.5k if I recall mine. The problem is those old T2 sets are complete rubbish now, but people are still holding onto them because using generic blue (even green) lvl 70 gear drops that score to like 1000, so they stick to the lvl 60 gear thinking it's still better. It's not. Gotta cut the cord on that lvl 60 gear. It took me a while to do that myself, and when I did it was like night and day. The new gear seemed like it would be <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> compared to my High Viz set, but I was instantly surviving fights that I was getting one-hit in before. It was hard to salvage those T2 sets I'd been hoarding, but worth it. Plus, the extra bank space was nice - no more sleeping on the floor next to my bed because my bet was covered in magazines.

Anyone still using lvl 60 gear will get destroyed pretty much instantly, skill really doesn't come into it.
    edited May 2015
  • maybeheresymaybeheresy Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Weird. I'm in the opposite position. Been playing 3 weeks now after a 3 year hiatus. I can go do stuff with my OP (tanky build, similar to Originating posters GF) that my SW is getting absolutely spanked at.

Guess which toon is parked and only doing invoking at the moment?
  • cybercyanidecybercyanide Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 66
    edited May 2015
    kvet wrote: »
    Not true at all. Pre-m6 T2 gear gives you a false-high item score...*snip* Anyone still using lvl 60 gear will get destroyed pretty much instantly, skill really doesn't come into it.

This. I hound all my friends until they do cut that cord. It really does make all the difference...
    That old set bonus isn't going to do you any good when you're lying on the ground in a pool of your own blood :P hehee
    edited May 2015
    That old set bonus isn't going to do you any good when you're lying on the ground in a pool of your own blood :P hehee

LOL amen to that :)
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Not going to happen.
  • neirgaraneirgara Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited May 2015

I play a GF too with a lower Item LvL. I have no problems in IWD or WoD with some small exceptions (mostly mini dungeons) and my gear is nothing, that is hard to aquire.

I think, the problem is your build and your playstyle, which you will need to adapt to the new content.

If you would like to discuss some strategies and compare builds, feel free to PM me. I'm happy to help you out with ideas and am willing to group up with you for some enemybashing. I'm sure we will get you strong enough to handle the new content in no time. :)
  • gimpocalypsegimpocalypse Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Not sure if troll or not. Every MMO is like this and you should get use to it if you play them. Never has there been a class change token and never will.

Based your "Every MMO is like this... Never has there been a class change token and never will.", that's not exactly true...

DDO has a class change token and even has multi-classing, it has Hearts of Wood that allow you to change the class you chose for a specific amount of levels [was 1,3 & 5 when I was last there]... with enough of them you could have changed all class choices for each level with them, if you felt the need.

DDO also has Reincarnation, which allows you to return level 1 as a new class with benefits from previous classes you've been previously with a Reincarnation Heart of Wood... Reincarnation is basically what the game built around & was [sure still is] the game's cashcow.

Reincarnating into & out of the FotM builds of any class(es) use to be done with ease [not sure if still like that if they changed into more class specific and/or bind status of gear].
    Been looking forward to upgrading my Perfect Sarcasm font, but due to recent changes it seems I will need to grind the Nine Hells for my Pure Sarcasm font... ironic isn't it?
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Let's look at what that class reroll would men:

Minus side:
    - You'll stand there naked. Like once on that beach, after the Dracolich attck.
    - You'll have to spec your char, without the testing and forth-and-back adaption that the leveling process would automatically give you.
    - You'll have to face up to the tough ones - without any training.

Plus side:
    - No leveling up to 70 (especially the last ca. 14% make that a biiiiiig plus)
    - You'd keep your campaign boons (there's ZEN-shop tokens for getting those)
    - You'd keep your looks.

Ambiguous:
    - Stats might or might not be better, but as the roll table is class specific, that has greater chances of being a disadvantage than an advantage. Or you'd have to reroll (probably).
    - You'd save spending half of 300 ZEN for the extra char slot.

Better solution: Buy extra slot, roll new char, and give that a try. Getting to 70 is a matter of 2-3 weekends or one to two weeks without boosts and/or assistance, faster with either. campaigns? Well, buddy, either buy the three tokens (YES, this is hideously expensive, but if you calculate it versus hourly wages, this seems less so - not that I ever did that...) or play them, after all you'll want to play, and you'll gather useful stuff... ....ummm, some good bunch of RP. There, more realistc, better! ...during that.

So tl;dr: If you dislike your char that much, that you want to play another, do so - in a separate slot. XP is cheap in NW...