test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

hr rumor is false

2»

Comments

• the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1
    edited May 2015
    Yeah I just posted in the class forum about that a few days ago. Melee spec needs help badly it's terrible right now. I had hoped that they had made changes to it in EE but everything I'm seeing is that it's still as limited as ever even for the builds that are buff/debuff builds it's not as good as trapper particularly because of the cooldown difference which you can't even reach that paragon slot for any other spec.

It's sad too because I feel this class could use multiple hybrid specs rather than just one to be most effective.

And then there's abilities you waste points in on any tree just to get to the ones you want at the end which makes no sense to me if you want diversity in your builds you gotta give them a bone.

Stormwarden is the only viable melee spec and it's got severe holes in it. Clear the path is terribly slow even with the enhanced extra damage and attacks in the melee line.

The melee skills need serious upgrading or they need to swap around what they were doing with melee to enhance it's performance because I know they wanted melee to have the options of buffing team mates and debuffing enemies the problem with that is they don't have any damaging effects to enemies when they are nearby and their debuffs are terrible and thus not worth it. Now if they added some kind of CC that would have the chance to do damage to the melee debuff skills like the Commanding Shot that's enjoyed by the ranged spec then we'd have something to work with but as it is none of the melee skills do anything to help really.

For example, Oak Skin, you're telling me making a giant tree grow out of the ground doesn't do anything to hinder the enemy? And what about skills like Hawkeye, Stagheart, Boarshide? Really do they need to not have any other effect other than buffing friends. Not even a DoT or a CC of some kind added to them? Or even a trait with that option something like "When you use a buff/debuff skill you automatically cause the ground to become muddy slowing all enemies within a certain number of yards for however many seconds" ?

I also feel like they wanted to limit the abilities of melee too much like they were afraid in the beginning of how this class would be viewed by players so they wanted to slow everything down that was worth anything like Split the Sky has a terrible setup time, Rain of swords doesn't do a single thing for you save for the occasional enemie missing you, Electric Shot is so terribly slow you might as well not choose it for anything, and Clear the Ground while useful with a wider range in melee and aoe benefits doesn't do enough damage for the cast time you experience. Not to mention Aimed Strike which somebody thought it would be a good idea to make this a DoT smh when we have plenty of those on the melee side we needed a direct burst damage skill and that could be used for that instead.

There's alot to fix in this class to make it have lots of diversity options.
  • mortalikus1mortalikus1 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I run a Trapper spec that was posted by someone in the ranger forum (Jokerpsycho?) and since then I have yet to be out dps'd in any dungeon. I scored 25 mil the other night in Frozen heart. Quite often i'm double or triple what second place has and sometimes these others have 1-2k more gearscore. I'm usually also bottom of the list for health healed. Properly spec'd HR Trappers are beasts and of great value in any dungeon for DPS and control. Anybody who says otherwise are simply idiots, or have no idea what they are talking about.
  • arlequin13arlequin13 Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    "poorly built" :/

sigh... guess that's MORE astral diamonds i'm gonna have to save up.... because from the sound of it, i'm gonna have to spec as trapper (which i didn't want to do) to be able to enjoy the game.

No you don't. There is no reason you can't enjoy the game as an archer or melee build. If it works for you and you are happy then run it.

Now if you want to be an elite killing machine clearing spawn after spawn like the second coming of chuck norris, then trapper is for you.
  • tellistorterratellistorterra Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    arlequin13 wrote: »
    No you don't. There is no reason you can't enjoy the game as an archer or melee build. If it works for you and you are happy then run it.

Now if you want to be an elite killing machine clearing spawn after spawn like the second coming of chuck norris, then trapper is for you.

but from the sounds of it, if i try to attempt Castle Never, i'll likely get kicked since i'm not Trapper.
  • wolferstarwolferstar Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    but from the sounds of it, if i try to attempt Castle Never, i'll likely get kicked since i'm not Trapper.

Play how you want some people don't mind carrying others through dungeons when i pug t2 stuff I never mind because I know over time people will get better
    edited May 2015
    wolferstar wrote: »
    Play how you want some people don't mind carrying others through dungeons when i pug t2 stuff I never mind because I know over time people will get better

lol i wish more people had that "people will get better" mindset. could have used that mindset during the Rise of Tiamat battles a while ago XD
  • krad777krad777 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    wolferstar wrote: »

If only more players had that mindset. As it stands, the xbox community on Neverwinter is pretty horrible.
    "An Idle mind is the devils workshop"
    edited May 2015
    krad777 wrote: »
    If only more players had that mindset. As it stands, the xbox community on Neverwinter is pretty horrible.

it was just as bad on pc. at least, in the Well of Dragon's zone (oi... it was daily with people trying to tell you not to do tiamat if you were this/that)
  • obliviouslusterobliviousluster Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    gaanjaa81 wrote: »
    CONTROL wizard...not DPS wizard >.>

/
    Sweet baby Jesus- this!!! All of this!! As a CW, I tend to out damage everyone, but hardly actually kill the mobs. I rely upon the dps to finish off the mobs while I back away slowly while they're still frozen. Everyone sees me as dps because I'm a wizard, but I'm really there for crowd control. The only reason CW really out dpsing anything is because we can hit mobs that are beyond the reach of the blades of other classes. Get the mobs within range of every swing and you'll be out dps'd for certain. Some CWs tend to build themselves up to kill things quickly, I'm built so that every mob surrounding us doesn't suddenly decide its dinner time and overwhelm the party...

As a HR, I enjoy Trapper because I feel awesome using ranged/melee stances and just being able to constantly switch and spam skills. I saw in this thread that someone said melee path is worthless right now. Archer path is definitely second best for HR. As I mentioned previously, it CAN do heavy damage, but yeah it needs to be at a range to deal best damage, and like someone else in this thread said...you tend to take hate and pull the mobs to you so its not worth it (which is why I guess most Archery spec builds put points into that feat that generates less hate from mobs), but its still decent. I agree with gaanjaa81 though, that once you go Trapper path you'll never look back. Even if it were the worst path, its absolutely fun!
    Walk on wandering souls
    For your respite we pray
    Let our humble song clear your hearts of dismay,
    Rekindle the flame in your souls and set you free
    So walk on and become the light that guides the way~