test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mount: Best bang for buck ?

therealshakur70therealshakur70 Member Posts: 76 Arc User
I'm getting sick of my slow horse mount and am looking at buying something faster, what would you suggest is the best bang for buck mount ?

I don't really care what it looks like or what the animation is but would prefer maybe a purple quality if thats the current fastest mount.

any help would be appreciated, Thanks
Post edited by therealshakur70 on

Comments

• thezer0fluxthezer0flux Member Posts: 412 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The blue/rare mounts are pretty nice and probably the best bang for the buck. While the purple/epic mounts are faster, I don't think the speed increase really warrants the much higher cost. Also, remember that the mount's speed is based on your own speed. You can get any mount to move faster by increasing your character's movement as well. So you have other options to go fast than simply spending 3500+ Zen.

That said, I do have a purple/epic mount. I converted AD to Zen for it, and even though I still think it's overpriced, I made the purchase because my desire for that specific mount overrode my fiscal sense. My purchase was more about the look than the performance or bang for buck, which is why I recommended the blue/rare mounts for you even though I bought a purple/epic one. For what it's worth, people I run with have blue/rare mounts and we all get to where we're going at about the same rate. If one of those blue/rare ones looks cool to you, and if you want to get the most from your Zen, that's probably your best choice.
  • therealshakur70therealshakur70 Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Thanks for the info. never thought my movement speed affected the mounts speed.

perhaps I will spend a little AD to get a blue mount to see if that fills my needs for now. I don't want to stack movement speed as it will mess up my current build.
  • wanderingkyngwanderingkyng Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I'm getting sick of my slow horse mount and am looking at buying something faster, what would you suggest is the best bang for buck mount ?

I don't really care what it looks like or what the animation is but would prefer maybe a purple quality if thats the current fastest mount.

any help would be appreciated, Thanks
    The best bang-for-buck mounts are the ones you can purchase directly from the Zen market. Others you can obtain through different currencies that come out of lock-boxes, or directly from lock-boxes, but are significantly more expensive unless you're very lucky. I disagree with the first person who replied - I recommend you spend a little extra for a 110% speed mount just because further down the road you may wish you had a full-speed mount and they aren't much more expensive in the grand scheme of things. Just my 2c.
  • attorn97attorn97 Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    also be aware...

mounts purchased from the Zen store unlock for all your characters. Mounts purchased from the AH or received from a lockbox are for that character only!
  • therealshakur70therealshakur70 Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The best bang-for-buck mounts are the ones you can purchase directly from the Zen market. Others you can obtain through different currencies that come out of lock-boxes, or directly from lock-boxes, but are significantly more expensive unless you're very lucky. I disagree with the first person who replied - I recommend you spend a little extra for a 110% speed mount just because further down the road you may wish you had a full-speed mount and they aren't much more expensive in the grand scheme of things. Just my 2c.

maybe I'm not seeing all posts but there is only one other person who I see made a post (thezer0flux) and nowhere did he say he recommended a 110% speed mount, he actually recommended the rare 80% quality.

appreciate your input though :)
    edited May 2015
    attorn97 wrote: »
    also be aware...

mounts purchased from the Zen store unlock for all your characters. Mounts purchased from the AH or received from a lockbox are for that character only!
    Yes! This is a great tip! You definitely get more bang for your buck buying directly from the Zen Store than the AH when it comes to mounts.
    edited May 2015
    maybe I'm not seeing all posts but there is only one other person who I see made a post (thezer0flux) and nowhere did he say he recommended a 110% speed mount, he actually recommended the rare 80% quality.

appreciate your input though :)
    Yeah, he's disagreeing with me. He's saying that if speed is your primary requirement, getting the 110% purple mount first is the better deal because you avoid paying for a blue and then later paying for a purple, which ends up saving you money. It's not bad advice... just depends on what you want. I still think the blues are the best bang for the buck if you just want a better mount and are okay with it being a tad slower than maximum speed, but his point is valid too.
  • zaknafyenzaknafyen Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Going to agree with thezer0flux.

I purchased the Clydesdale Stormraider (or is it rider?) purely for ascetics and the fact that it reminds me of the Paladin Charger from WoW. If I didn't by an epic, I would have purchased a blue, either the Armored Worg or the Hellhound (released yesterday), which summons in a crater of fire. You really only spend most of your time on a mount getting from one area to the next (ToD dailies, dragon areas, etc), so unless you're dead set on that 110% speed, a blue will be just fine and more affordable.
    edited May 2015
    Well, and you also use your mounts in PvP to get to control points. If you need the extra speed for PvP (or rather, if you think you do), then go with purple.

In PvE though, which is what I primarily play, Zaknafyen is spot on. The difference in speed between the 80% and 110% mounts is negligible -- especially when you consider you don't use them for much except getting from the zone portal to the Heroic Encounter Area and back.
  • monktoastymonktoasty Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    They are all over priced, I see no reason to.spend 18 or 35 dollars on a mount.

Grind out the ad so you dont spend a dime on a team who cant even fix their game
  • marloongmarloong Member Posts: 37
    edited May 2015
    monktoasty wrote: »
    They are all over priced, I see no reason to.spend 18 or 35 dollars on a mount.

Grind out the ad so you dont spend a dime on a team who cant even fix their game

lol

• blackxxwolf3blackxxwolf3 Member Posts: 1,539 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    your going to regret getting a blue mount. go ahead and get a epic one.
  • jhpnwjhpnw Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 611 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    the white horse armored blues around 300k ad are a great value but only for one of your tunes. If going to spend zen then get a epic only on sale the cats are great and fast around 2200 to 2500 zen find you a 15% or 20% off and you did good
    jhp
  • blackxxwolf3blackxxwolf3 Member Posts: 1,539 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    jhpnw wrote: »
    the white horse armored blues around 300k ad are a great value but only for one of your tunes. If going to spend zen then get a epic only on sale the cats are great and fast around 2200 to 2500 zen find you a 15% or 20% off and you did good
    jhp
    lol just buy the cheapest epic they all look pretty cool.
  • lordmcswaggerlordmcswagger Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I purchased the Tiger with Zen and I am very happy with it. Like people said, the zen purchases are account wide and can be used on all your characters. It's 80% speed and the only time I get a little jelly of speed is when an Imperial Rage Drake walks by.
  • kaspa6kaspa6 Member Posts: 34
    edited May 2015
    convert ast in to zen and get the champ of the north pack get a perp mount for all toons and a lvl 60 wep with a brilant enh best bang for your buck lol and a few over fings like a new toon toon slot some over trash for s:&(s and giggles
  • eroticdoomeroticdoom Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Have 8% movement speed and had no effect on mount speed , tested with friend on same mount who had no bonus movement and could not gain any ground was a stalemate.
    " I reject your reality and substitute it with my own "
  • wade8765wade8765 Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I got my 110% mount with AD from the auction house. It did the maths and it was a slight saving of a couple of dollars (about $33) verses buying the mount directly from the zen store. And I'm happy with this mount as I like the look of it and I love the flames that appear when summoning it!!

Thanks

Wade