test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

LoL jumping

misjonarzzrosjimisjonarzzrosji Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
edited May 2015 in PvE Discussion
I just cant jump from step to step in that lava thing. I always end in lava. I try to run and hit 'space' at the end of step, or in the middle, nothing. How to jump over ?
Post edited by misjonarzzrosji on

Comments

• onegaki101onegaki101 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    if you are having trouble jumping from stone to stone. Either use your dodge roll (if you have) or have your GF use his Into the Frey power to give you running speed.

For those that have dodge roll, they can dodge into next stones easily and even the ones far apart. For others, they have to jump into more stones, the left side seems to be the easiest to jump through. Just run, then jump when you are near the end, you should be able to reach the next stone.
  • misjonarzzrosjimisjonarzzrosji Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    so basically I run, when running I press 'space' when I'm near edge of step ? tried that and failed several times :/ and nope, dont have dodge
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    ...different maps - different instances - different lags / pings - different timings.

Try intentionally jumping early or late, and find what might suit you better on that map. Often the next run has about the same latency, and after a while this goes to your subconscious and you don't have to bother any more.
  • maegmaagmaegmaag Member Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Dont forget to hold the jump button instead of tapping it.
    dAuGVxU.png
    A bit nosy NW-DKG7E99X6
    "Hardcore" exploration journey and dungeon crawl. Read its description prior to trying it.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    One change I made that makes jumping a lot easier was to remap jump to "mouse button 5". I have a Logitech tilt-wheel mouse, and that lets me just push the mouse wheel to the right to jump. It makes it MUCH easier.

I also remapped the mount key from "7" to "mouse button 4", which means push the mouse wheel left.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured