test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PSA: Mimic Chests

wanderingkyngwanderingkyng Member Posts: 280 Arc User
When you have a chest targeted simply read the text. If it says "click A to Open" you're looking at a fake/Mimic chest. If it says "click A to Search" you are looking at a normal, safe, loot-filled chest.

This PSA brought to you by Clerics everywhere, refusing to heal idiots that click on Mimics since 1939!

:-P
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• goetzymamagoetzymama Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Poor mimics... they get no tickle love.
    Yes, I'm female. No, you can't see my HAMSTER.

Level 60 Great Weapon Fighter - Caimeta
    Level 60 Guardian Fighter - Princess Clappy
    Level 60 Control Wizard - Rashenbo
    Next up... Butcher of Lock Love
    I would love to change the world, but they won’t give me the source code
  • wade8765wade8765 Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Kill those mimics because they drop the best loot in the game!
  • geltabgeltab Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2015
    I kill every mimic I see because I want to get my Mimic Slayer title. That's the best one in the game......
  • jwawesome44jwawesome44 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    geltab wrote: »
    I kill every mimic I see because I want to get my Mimic Slayer title. That's the best one in the game......

Yes this I want it also lol
    1.jpg
  • thezer0fluxthezer0flux Member Posts: 412 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I like fighting mimics... AFTER the room is clear. If some random runs over and opens a mimic mid-fight, he's on his own. I probably won't even go revive him. Once the room is clear though, activate that mimic so we can crush it.
  • fukakukifukakuki Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Also a normal chest will display a loot bag item when you cursor over it, a mimic will not
    Avast - halfing rogue with piratey gewdness
    Fukakuki- emo cleric with dubious eyeliner
  • traumapaladintraumapaladin Member Posts: 31
    edited May 2015
    When you have a chest targeted simply read the text. If it says "click A to Open" you're looking at a fake/Mimic chest. If it says "click A to Search" you are looking at a normal, safe, loot-filled chest.

This PSA brought to you by Clerics everywhere, refusing to heal idiots that click on Mimics since 1939!

:-P

You just killed half the laughs I get per dungeon.
  • traumapaladintraumapaladin Member Posts: 31
    edited May 2015
    I like fighting mimics... AFTER the room is clear. If some random runs over and opens a mimic mid-fight, he's on his own. I probably won't even go revive him. Once the room is clear though, activate that mimic so we can crush it.

I don't think you can open mimics mid fight if they still require the same type of activation as normal chests.
  • sarzec1978sarzec1978 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    You can also walk through Mimic chests, or the sides anyways, where as a regular chest you cannot.
  • lordsarveriouslordsarverious Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    sarzec1978 wrote: »
    You can also walk through Mimic chests, or the sides anyways, where as a regular chest you cannot.

Most definitely can tell by using this. A mimic can be walked through, as a normal chest you'd just bump around the edges like an idiot.
    Co-Founder of AoF Neverwinter Branch (TR 60, CW 60 SS)
    Find me on XBL to get an interview to join the guild.
    5.jpg
  • beoshabeosha Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    geltab wrote: »
    *sighs*

If only this were possible...
  • monktoastymonktoasty Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Aint noone got time for mimics or running off to open a chest that takes 10 minutes to clear just so you can get 25c and a rank 2 enchantment

The dungeons are long enough