test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Alchemy and Useless Profession Items

theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
edited May 2015 in Player Feedback (PC)
Am I the only one frustrated with just how useless 99% of the profession items are?

I mean, theoretically we can generate Elemental Aggregate with the Elemental components, but it takes 8 days worth of labor. The rate of return on that is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. Now, Unified Elements are currently giving a positive return on investment, so the time expenditure for that is fine, but really, the crafting task for elemental aggregate takes way too long.

The creation time of E. Ags should be tied to some baseline "expected value" of elemental aggregates, and then compared to profession tasks. So, basically, any task that takes 8 days to complete should net a return of eight times the expected leadership task. If we assume 2000 astral diamonds from a days worth of a slot, then that means that an 8 day task should return 16000 astral diamonds worth of resources.

Long story short, at current rates, Elemental Aggregate should take at most one day-rather than 8. A "Create batch of Elemental Aggregate" rare task, that takes 8 days, consumes way more elemental resources, but creates a great deal more Elemental Aggregate per manhour would also be acceptable. In any event, you'd cease having this phenomenon where there's a glut of absolutely useless profession resources.

Either that, or let us directly craft peridots and resonance stones and stuff like that using elemental components. Or perhaps allow us to create Lightning Enchantments or the like (well, almost certainly SHARDS of lightning enchantments). Now, of course, you do something like that, it could affect the market, so maybe bind on pickup? It just feels like there's a lot of items that could be more useful than they are.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    yep. I was levelling jewelery but then took a look at the level 25 personalized rings, realized I'd rather equip elemental (maybe one day, protector) rings, went back to doing 9/9 Leadership. GG
  • theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The thing is, the professions can be improved without breaking the game, quite easily. They just need to be modified in such a way that they're ever so slightly worse than leadership, instead of blatantly worse than leadership.
  • boardnut696boardnut696 Member Posts: 33
    edited May 2015
    Is the Unified Elements recipe an unlock by experiment? I got my alchy to 25 but only see the Aggragate recipe
  • packrat0packrat0 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Is the Unified Elements recipe an unlock by experiment? I got my alchy to 25 but only see the Aggragate recipe

Yes. Run lvl 25 experimentation until it is unlocked.
  • krailovkrailov Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Maybe if one of the requirements to craft better items was that it required a Green crafter to make items (like the shards idea - I liked that one!), that would help with the poor crafting items, plus Bind to Account. Almost everyone that has been playing more than eight months will probably have at least a Green level crafter or three, and if they introduced a profession that allowed creating a Green level from say 8 standard tier 3, it will still allow the farming to happen, along with purchasers that do not want to grind :).

Also agree about the time for EA - way to long, considering it drops from vigilance quests and general kits! I have 'picked up' enough that I would never do that task. I think Unified is also very extreme - maybe halve that one?

Might is not always right - the powerful sometimes forget that.

The Small Band
  • smulchsmulch Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    walk2k wrote: »
    yep. I was levelling jewelery but then took a look at the level 25 personalized rings, realized I'd rather equip elemental (maybe one day, protector) rings, went back to doing 9/9 Leadership. GG

You prefer to use rings that are vastly inferior? Why?

That extra def slot is a big increase...
  • theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I make most of my AD these days by producing the Gemmed Exquisite Adamant rings, so people can then personalize them, so that's one way people can get better gear these days.

Now if only the other crafted gear was worthwhile.