test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Chat is out of control, please give us an option to pause text from scrolling

imdrunksiowdownimdrunksiowdown Member Posts: 12 Arc User
A button to stop chat so we can read the information would be great.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ussula76ussula76 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    i agree. even if i try to scroll through the chat, i cant really because each time someone else enters text it automatically scrolls itself again.
  • wanderingkyngwanderingkyng Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    This................
  • blackxxwolf3blackxxwolf3 Member Posts: 1,539 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    look at his name guys. just look at his name and youll understand this post.
  • thezer0fluxthezer0flux Member Posts: 412 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Also, please give us the option to only see chat from channels we want to see. I want to see only group, only guild, only zone, etc. Being able to mute the trade (and sometimes zone) channels would be amazingly awesome.
  • snarilssnarils Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I agree with the pause feature and an option to only see specific channels of chat
  • snarilssnarils Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I dont even bother trying to chat though really. Typing with the controller. makes me want to cut people.
  • silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Also, please give us the option to only see chat from channels we want to see. I want to see only group, only guild, only zone, etc. Being able to mute the trade (and sometimes zone) channels would be amazingly awesome.

Click on the Gear icon above the chat window. You can create new channels and then select what you want each one to display. I have one for Guild only and one for Zone/Say/LFG.
    I aim to misbehave
    edited May 2015
    silence1x wrote: »
    Click on the Gear icon above the chat window. You can create new channels and then select what you want each one to display. I have one for Guild only and one for Zone/Say/LFG.
    Really? On Xbox One? If so, I completely missed it. All I've noticed are the Default, Social, and Log tabs with the LT & RT button icons to denote page switching. I can't wait to get home to test it tonight.
  • zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Really? On Xbox One? If so, I completely missed it. All I've noticed are the Default, Social, and Log tabs with the LT & RT button icons to denote page switching. I can't wait to get home to test it tonight.

Don't get your hopes up, there is no "gear icon" on Xbox. You had it right.
    edited May 2015
    zephyriah wrote: »
    Well... <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> :(

I even tried using NW commands on the XB1, but that doesn't work either. I really want the trade and zone channels gone when I'm in Protector's Enclave. And a dedicated guild tab makes so much sense I don't know what it's not already there.
  • silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    zephyriah wrote: »

Yeah - my mistake. I thought XB had the same setup in chat as PC. Disregard.
    I aim to misbehave
  • shankdizzleshankdizzle Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Give us the option to BLOCK people. So we don't have to see their mindless clutter in chat.
  • sarzec1978sarzec1978 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Blocking people should be an option, and I think the chat needs to be split up more.. Zone chat, Trade Chat, LFG chat, etc instead of them all being bulked together.