test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Can We Have A Dragon Egg event At Some Point Please?

mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
edited May 2015 in PvE Discussion
I am not asking for them to be given away, but maybe create a Call To Arms event that we can grind and trade in the currency for them.

There was a time when we had an event where they could drop just by killing mobs. The point is, real money was not needed to get them. And now, with Tiamat turning into God Mode, they have become just about the most valuable professions resource.

Think of this as a reward for us "grinders", who have the time to play this game. We are the ones who also did the QA for all your modules on preview.

Another option is to create a new profession for these does DOES NOT required real money, but only TIME to create them.

TIA
twitch.tv/kaligold
Post edited by mrvincent1959 on

Comments

• Options
    looomislooomis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Dragon Eggs are a losing reward, you can still get them like you did before mod6 - idle. Please correct me if I am wrong.
    The price of 55k is quite normal, prices in mod5 were between 30k and 60k.

Edit: There will never be something valuable in CTA, because the game has no anti-bot measures. Its for the better :D
  • Options
    blackxxwolf3blackxxwolf3 Member Posts: 1,539 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    looomis wrote: »
    Dragon Eggs are a losing reward, you can still get them like you did before mod6 - idle. Please correct me if I am wrong.
    The price of 55k is quite normal, prices in mod5 were between 30k and 60k.

Edit: There will never be something valuable in CTA, because the game has no anti-bot measures. Its for the better :D
    hes right ya know.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    magenubbie wrote: »
    Of course, there is a proper solution to that problem. I don't think I need to spell it out for anyone.. Now that's something worth putting effort in. Think of normal drop rates, no nerfs required to enchantments.. Oh well. I guess I"m entitled to dream..

would you please spell it out to me? because im really not following.
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I wouldn't mind a tymora's boxes event rerun, but the eggs drop may be increased a bit (last time they were horribly low), and it could drop a bit more in group content too, because mindless mob grinding is such a PITA/bot thing...

If you don't want bots, reward difficult content, not easy <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    diogene0 wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind a tymora's boxes event rerun, but the eggs drop may be increased a bit (last time they were horribly low), and it could drop a bit more in group content too, because mindless mob grinding is such a PITA/bot thing...

If you don't want bots, reward difficult content, not easy <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
    why cant we have players like you on the dev teams advisory counsel or whatever it is they have.
  • Options
    grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    We have a Dragon Egg event already. It's called Play Tiamat and lose, but do a lot of damage.
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    diogene0 wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind a tymora's boxes event rerun, but the eggs drop may be increased a bit (last time they were horribly low)

Yeah I would love to see a rerun of Tymora's gift V1 , I got close to 40 eggs the first time that was run but the second time the drop rate was pathetic and made the event all but pointless , they should do Tymora's gift with a drop rate for epic resources close to what it was the first time the event was run and with unified elements dropping too .
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    Yeah I would love to see a rerun of Tymora's gift V1 , I got close to 40 eggs the first time that was run but the second time the drop rate was pathetic and made the event all but pointless , they should do Tymora's gift with a drop rate for epic resources close to what it was the first time the event was run and with unified elements dropping too .
    i loved tymoras event!! i didnt sleep through the whole thing i was having so much fun farming and selling and gathering items to sell. most profitable event so far and i only got in on the second time it was ran not the first.
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    why cant we have players like you on the dev teams advisory counsel or whatever it is they have.

Its been said before.. they competely ignore all advice.

Vast majority have said..

reduce grind, increase reward on new designed content.

What did they do instead?

Increase grind, reduce content, recycle old stuff.. and then barely make it worth the effort to log in every day.
  • Options
    healaryhealary Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    It is only logical dragons should drop eggs once in a while. Why would a dragon drop a belt instead of an egg? I don't think dragons wear belts. They don't need Tymora or other occasional events actually.
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    i loved tymoras event!! i didnt sleep through the whole thing i was having so much fun farming and selling and gathering items to sell. most profitable event so far and i only got in on the second time it was ran not the first.

The first event happened back when cryptic still cared about making a fun game instead of trying to monetize every single system as much as they can. The game was fun, dungeons were kinda hard (T2s), making ADs was possible, no artifact gear... Good times!
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    healary wrote: »
    It is only logical dragons should drop eggs once in a while. Why would a dragon drop a belt instead of an egg? I don't think dragons wear belts. They don't need Tymora or other occasional events actually.

Why would it be logical? They arn't real dragon eggs. It even says so in the items description, they are simply extraordinarily large gemstones.

As far as dragons dropping belts, keep in mind that they don't always remove the wrapping from the things they eat. Think about that, before you put on that belt or cloak.
  • Options
    deceondarkbladedeceondarkblade Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I am not asking for them to be given away, but maybe create a Call To Arms event that we can grind and trade in the currency for them.

There was a time when we had an event where they could drop just by killing mobs. The point is, real money was not needed to get them. And now, with Tiamat turning into God Mode, they have become just about the most valuable professions resource.

Think of this as a reward for us "grinders", who have the time to play this game. We are the ones who also did the QA for all your modules on preview.

Another option is to create a new profession for these does DOES NOT required real money, but only TIME to create them.

TIA

They did a one-time event called something like "Valindra's Invasion" or something where these massive mobs of undead would appear in the middle PE at multiple locations simultaneously. You could kill the mobs and get Savage enchants I think, but I seem to recall that Dragon Eggs also dropped, at a somewhat reasonable rate. I think a blue skeletal dog companion also drop. To be honest, with the lag, the event was a complete cluster. Imagine 500 toons running around a single instance of PE at once. It was crazy, though I seem to recall I got like 10 or 15 dragon eggs over the course of the event, didn't get the blue dog, though I think I got a white one. This was before they started doing these CTAs.
  • Options
    lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I collected 20 Dragon Eggs on my way to building up the 30 Linu's for the cloaks I wanted on my two toons for Mod 6. Problem is that with Cryptic's epic fail RNG system I'm already down to half that amount as a result of all the failures I've had with crafting. I should be succeeding more than failing - 60% success rate my <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>!
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.