test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Problem with Redemption Codes?

remec616remec616 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
edited May 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
I have a couple friends who do not play Neverwinter, but play D&D and have been passing along the inserted NW codes from packages of D&D minis to me so they would not go to waste. I have used several of these, but all of a sudden every code I try to redeem brings up a message indicating they have been entered incorrectly.

I was wondering, after the recent problem with the codes sent out via email, if something similar had come up with other redemption codes and they had been altered to be unusable without some sort of alteration or addition to the code as printed.

Anyone else out there encounter or hear of any similar problems? Thanks.
Post edited by remec616 on

Comments

• rhoriangelusrhoriangelus Member Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    What kind of things were the codes for? I'd guess that maybe there was an assortment of single-redemption rewards. Like, for instance, codes for titles, you can only use one of for each title, even though all of the codes are unique.
  • mekolsmekols Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    whats the code =D
  • remec616remec616 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    What kind of things were the codes for? I'd guess that maybe there was an assortment of single-redemption rewards. Like, for instance, codes for titles, you can only use one of for each title, even though all of the codes are unique.

They were promotional codes for items designed to draw interest in the new Elemental Evil storyline. Vanguard packs...the Stormraider mount...Drow merc companion...Heavy Mystic Nightmare mount...were mentioned on the card, ther may have been other items as well.
    edited May 2015
    I'm guessing they were random? Are the accounts redeemable by all characters or bind on equip? The merc companion is definitely one that you can only use once, and I think the Stormraider mount might also be similar. Not sure about the vanguard packs or the Nightmare mount. If the vanguard packs came with a title, they might have been single-time things too.
  • mekolsmekols Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    remec616 wrote: »
    They were promotional codes for items designed to draw interest in the new Elemental Evil storyline. Vanguard packs...the Stormraider mount...Drow merc companion...Heavy Mystic Nightmare mount...were mentioned on the card, ther may have been other items as well.

how do i gain acsess to these? i never got any of these
    edited May 2015
    mekols wrote: »
    how do i gain acsess to these? i never got any of these

I believe these codes were included in actual physical D&D merchandise one had to purchase (models and such), not an email promotion.
  • alphastreamalphastream Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    remec616 wrote: »
    I have a couple friends who do not play Neverwinter, but play D&D and have been passing along the inserted NW codes from packages of D&D minis to me so they would not go to waste. I have used several of these, but all of a sudden every code I try to redeem brings up a message indicating they have been entered incorrectly.

I was wondering, after the recent problem with the codes sent out via email, if something similar had come up with other redemption codes and they had been altered to be unusable without some sort of alteration or addition to the code as printed.
    We had another thread on this. Some codes seem not to work. Our guess was that they might link to items that ended up not being in mod 6. Anyway, you should open a support ticket, explain that you have codes from the minis that don't work, tell them how many, and provide some example codes and/or screen shots so they can verify that you are being honest. They will then likely give you one of the lower rewards for each code you couldn't validate.
    Learn more about Dungeons & Dragons tabletop at Alphastream.org.

Learn about Neverwinter and the Lore of D&D on YouTube

Check out my acclaimed adventures for the tabletop D&D game, including my latest: Adamantine Chef: Supreme Challenge! and Jungle Treks or Chultan Death Curse: Revised for Tomb of Annihilation!