test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

NW for Xbox One: Results (stats) after the first month.

danyenginedanyengine Member Posts: 21 Arc User
I would like to know: Are results (stats) of neverwinter for Xbox One good for the company after the first month? I have not read news about players playing, or about the "population" of servers in Neverwinter. Fact is that I think it is a great game, and I can see a large group of my friends (me too) that only play to Neverwinter from when it was launched. We do not manage to play else, so for example in my experiance, NW had a very good approach, but I ask: is the company happy for the results of NW on Xbox One (so that they will continue to support it for long)?
Sorry for my bad english ... I try to do the best.
Post edited by danyengine on

Comments

• skeld11skeld11 Member Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I'd be interested to know also what the population is. I have long suspected that MMO's could do well on console, especially since everyone is sick of FPS to some degree. A certain large MMO developer is missing the boat...
    GWF
    -ASYLUM-
  • waffennachtwaffennacht Member Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2015
    This is my first mmo, i like it, only thing is, compared to all of my friend's pc mmos that are also free, it sucks. I mean Archage is free and is 100 times cooler.
    Personaly i thought the xbox one would bring us closer to the pc gamer experience, i must say imgreatly disappointed so far on all xbox one games.
    Witcher three may save the console imo
  • namebrandnamebrand Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I can understand your curiosity but honestly they're not going to tell you lol. You *might* get the official public relations response of something along the lines of "Oh we are very happy with the turnout for the xbox one - the numbers are much better than we predicted!!
    " but they're going to tell you that no matter what. As far as I know, not many companies ever report their actual numbers, maybe WoW? If anything I see numbers from players in an attempt to guess how a game is doing and a lot of times those are based on things like steam numbers, for example.
  • danny3421danny3421 Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    namebrand wrote: »
    I can understand your curiosity but honestly they're not going to tell you lol. You *might* get the official public relations response of something along the lines of "Oh we are very happy with the turnout for the xbox one - the numbers are much better than we predicted!!
    " but they're going to tell you that no matter what. As far as I know, not many companies ever report their actual numbers, maybe WoW? If anything I see numbers from players in an attempt to guess how a game is doing and a lot of times those are based on things like steam numbers, for example.

I agree this post quite well.
  • reallyreconreallyrecon Member Posts: 170 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2015
    namebrand wrote: »

ESO and Evolve issued huge flowcharts after release with loads of datamined info like number of active accounts, average characters per account, total number of max level players, average number of players online, most popular class, etc. It really helped give a feel for how the game was doing after release, but in both cases they overhyped everything and the number of active subs/players plummeted.

Either way, some companies do it. I imagine PW won't because they're not doing so hot in the popularity contest. Mod 6 on PC was a total fail and everyone on Xbox has something to gripe about.
    Recon - 60 Cleric
    Gamertag: ReallyRecon
  • codher0codher0 Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited May 2015

Either way, some companies do it. I imagine PW won't because they're not doing so hot in the popularity contest. Mod 6 on PC was a total fail and everyone on Xbox has something to gripe about.

Why was mod 6 a fail?
  • danyenginedanyengine Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    ESO and Evolve issued huge flowcharts after release with loads of datamined info like number of active accounts, average characters per account, total number of max level players, average number of players online, most popular class, etc. It really helped give a feel for how the game was doing after release, but in both cases they overhyped everything and the number of active subs/players plummeted.

In fact I expected a sort of image reporting data, the same way it happened for Evolve or other games.
    It is true that the games does not seem to be so popular, in fact web magazines and others (I speak for Italy) never mention Neverwinter. Fact is, however, that the game at the moment is the most played by far from my circle of friends.
  • strandthemanstrandtheman Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    danyengine wrote: »
    In fact I expected a sort of image reporting data, the same way it happened for Evolve or other games.
    It is true that the games does not seem to be so popular, in fact web magazines and others (I speak for Italy) never mention Neverwinter. Fact is, however, that the game at the moment is the most played by far from my circle of friends.

Not all developers release such info. The reason why most outlets aren't discussing Neverwinter is that most have already discussed it. Xbox is a port and this game has been out since 2013. It's not old in MMO terms and there is still plenty of content being added, but most coverage is on the PC side of things since they are and will always be getting the newest content far before we do.
  • monktoastymonktoasty Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Im sure its doing well on xbox, hard not to when you are the only free mmo on it lol..just sad that a game so broken is the only option
  • dlc88dlc88 Member Posts: 44
    edited May 2015
    Sure over 1mil players... but 60% of them have quit because of the neglect from the company... and the rest will quit when elderscrolls comes out
  • thezer0fluxthezer0flux Member Posts: 412 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I'm sure you have stats to back that up... right? Based on how full the instances are at all times of the day, I don't believe 60% of the player base has quit. The game has issues and the devs could certainly communicate more directly with the community, but that doesn't mean everyone is leaving in droves -- especially not for that yet-to-be-released-on-console train wreck of a game you mentioned.
  • zaknafyenzaknafyen Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I'm sure you have stats to back that up... right? Based on how full the instances are at all times of the day, I don't believe 60% of the player base has quit. The game has issues and the devs could certainly communicate more directly with the community, but that doesn't mean everyone is leaving in droves -- especially not for that yet-to-be-released-on-console train wreck of a game you mentioned.

His/her stats come from his/her own personal biased opinion on the game, because, "If I'm unhappy, everyone else is unhappy". This is following too closely to the "XYZ Game will kill ABC Game" stereotype.

As you said, Neverwinter has it's quirks, it's problems, bugs, glitches, etc. but that doesn't mean it's dead nor do I foresee it dying, even with other games around the corner. It will always be hard to keep a console gamer's attention on one game for long, but that doesn't mean it's the company's or games fault. Console just has a lot more variety and choices, which means more opportunities to prevent that monotonous feel. While PC does have variety, they don't have anywhere near the library console does and "most" PC gamers are content with sticking with one game for longer periods of time.
  • muhfreedommuhfreedom Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Well it's consistently in 7/8th position on the top played on XBL, heck it's beating both Battlefields. So I'd dare say it's hanging in pretty well.
  • skeld11skeld11 Member Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    muhfreedom wrote: »
    Well it's consistently in 7/8th position on the top played on XBL, heck it's beating both Battlefields. So I'd dare say it's hanging in pretty well.

Where do you find this stat?
    GWF
    -ASYLUM-
    edited May 2015
    zaknafyen wrote: »
    While PC does have variety, they don't have anywhere near the library console does and "most" PC gamers are content with sticking with one game for longer periods of time.
    I get what you're saying about PC gamers not having as short of attention spans as console gamers (in general), but um... you can't compare the libraries of any console with the PC. The number of available PC games absolutely dwarfs the number of games available on any console. Heck, there might be more PC games to choose from than games in the libraries of all consoles in history combined. The fact PC gamers play certain games for a long time has much more to do with the demographics of PC gaming than it does the variety or number of games available. The amount of choice in PC gaming is staggering.

That said, I still prefer console gaming :p
    zaknafyen wrote: »
    His/her stats come from his/her own personal biased opinion on the game, because, "If I'm unhappy, everyone else is unhappy". This is following too closely to the "XYZ Game will kill ABC Game" stereotype.
    You're spot on here though :)
    edited May 2015
    skeld11 wrote: »
    Where do you find this stat?
    http://store.xbox.com/en-US/Xbox-One?Department=Games&SortBy=MostPopular

Most Played/Most Popular is a filter in the store on XB1 as well.