test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A few ways not to get kicked

metheantiherometheantihero Member Posts: 178 Bounty Hunter
We have enough threads on "i was kicked for nothing". Decided it was time for how not to get kicked.
1. play with friends / guild
2. understand your roll
3. research the boss fight
4. communicate with the team
5. dont grab loot during fights
6. dont allow other players to come in and start kicking when at the boss, kick them out 1st. they are trying to snipe your instance
7. dont try to enter CN with the minimum GS. Players cant read how well you play, only your GS
Im sure they are a few i missed.
If I should die on some far, far away battlefield
Know I answered the call
For a grand principle of freedom to yield.
My fervent prayer is that death
May not have been in vain
Fighting for peace and right for the world to attain
Post edited by metheantihero on

Comments

• traumapaladintraumapaladin Member Posts: 31
    edited May 2015
    We have enough threads on "i was kicked for nothing". Decided it was time for how not to get kicked.
    2. understand your roll
    6. dont allow other players to come in and start kicking when at the boss, kick them out 1st. they are trying to snipe your instance
    7. dont try to enter CN with the minimum GS. Players cant read how well you play, only your GS
    1 is really the only sure fire way to not get kicked. 6 and 7 are good advice, but not gunna stop it from happening. Neither will gear score or e pertinence. I have a 16k GS Guardian and get kicked left right and center. You will get kicked for any reason under the sun. They want a specific role, they want you to do the boss just how they do, even if the way they do it is inefficient, time consuming, and all around stupid, they don't want to compete for loot, they don't like the way your character looks, one time you didn't sell them something for half the price it was worth, that one really happened, the list goes on and on and gets no less stupid as it goes on. At the end of the day if you want to not get kicked run with at least 2 other friends or guild mates so you have kick majority.
  • zachary4829zachary4829 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    None of these has anything to do with the problem you are referencing. You might as well add; don't play the game.

Solo cueing is where the problem exists. Telling someone not to solo cue is not a solution. The people complaining are not getting kicked for poor play, that would mean the system is working as intended, they are getting kicked because the team wants a specific class, to remove someone from the loot role, or to troll.
  • trappy1026trappy1026 Member Posts: 147 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2015
    Understand my stat roll?
  • vintagevivvintageviv Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    2. understand your roll

Ways to not get murdered:
    1) Don't go outside without a weapon.
    2) Don't go outside unless there are many others present. That decreases the likelihood someone will attack you.
    3) Don't make eye contact with or speak to anyone. This increases the likelihood of aggression and really it is your fault if they harm you.
    3) Don't go outside without a bodyguard.

As a matter of fact, don't go outside. Stay inside. Lock your doors. Use more than one lock (6 is standard). Get a guard dog, get several guard dogs, dig a moat, get a private militia. I could go on but hopefully by now you get the picture.

Our rights are never eroded over night. It is a series of small events that we are always willing to concede to and then one day we wonder how we got to this point. People wanting to do dungeons, have a right to do them. That is a feature of the game. However, there is a group of people who are making playing the game as intended very difficult (read as: GRIEFING). Therein is where the problem lies.
  • creatureofthefeycreatureofthefey Member Posts: 29
    edited May 2015
    I understand the necessity of kicking other players, its all about team composition. If you're at a really hard boss fight and you don't have the proper team makeup you're gonna have a very rough time. Or lets say one of your team members disconnects, and your team is standing inside the circle waiting to fight the boss, then a random player shows up and you cant enter the boss fight. Of course, I don't agree with kicking anyone unless its for the aforementioned reason, simply for the fact that if someone joins a group and runs an entire dungeon with you, they shouldn't get kicked. I've actually been kicked once or twice from groups, in a dungeon that wasnt even very difficult. I feel like players who do that are either a) wanting to steal loot or b) trying to get their guildies or friends into the dungeon with them. Imho it isnt fair to kick anyone because of those reasons.
  • pufpuffpasspufpuffpass Member Posts: 88
    edited May 2015
    1.) Be a cleric
    2.) Be a Guardian Fighter
    3.) Fix the system
    4.) Fix the system
    5.) Fix the system

If a system can be abused, it will be. It shouldn't be the players responsabilty to fix the system by becoming masters at everything. If the devs simply fixed it, then we wouldn't have so many threads.
  • krad777krad777 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Dumb thread as the issue of kicking stems from uneducated players that think you need a tank/healer to complete the dungeon which is not true.
    "An Idle mind is the devils workshop"
  • mrdurvamrdurva Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited May 2015

Yep because the game tells you exactly who is initiating the vote.....
  • goosesoldiergoosesoldier Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    krad777 wrote: »
    Dumb thread as the issue of kicking stems from uneducated players that think you need a tank/healer to complete the dungeon which is not true.

Lol so wrong
    edited May 2015
    Lol so wrong

Lol you don't need a tank/hear for any of the dungeons (Havn't done CN so can't speak there) Went through the others with no guardian fighters of clerics and they were easy enough as is
  • mrtehpuppymrtehpuppy Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Lol so wrong

And you'd be one of the people he's talking about then. If you weren't, you'd know full well that healers and tanks are not a necessary part of end game content.
    Member of Look Good Play Good
    Pup - Level 70 4.2k Buff/Debuff AC DC
    XBL GT: TehPuppy
  • badnewsbodgebadnewsbodge Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Apparently being a Scourge Warlock even at Tier 1 gets you kicked... I've had arguments with people over it.
    edited May 2015
    Apparently being a Scourge Warlock even at Tier 1 gets you kicked... I've had arguments with people over it.

Heck even my GWF with 44k hp that is great at mob control gets kicked. Even though I need less healing than any others in the group
  • rockstarajrockstaraj Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I know what you mean. MY HR trapper gets auto kicked from pirate king even though i'm fairly certain I can solo it now.
  • thezer0fluxthezer0flux Member Posts: 412 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    mrdurva wrote: »
    Lol you don't need a tank/hear for any of the dungeons (Havn't done CN so can't speak there) Went through the others with no guardian fighters of clerics and they were easy enough as is
    Truth.
    mrtehpuppy wrote: »
    And you'd be one of the people he's talking about then. If you weren't, you'd know full well that healers and tanks are not a necessary part of end game content.
    More truth.
    rockstaraj wrote: »
    I know what you mean. MY HR trapper gets auto kicked from pirate king even though i'm fairly certain I can solo it now.
    Still more truth... unfortunately.

HRs get a bad rap. Everyone thinks they're no good -- even though they've never run with one.
  • littlevale#6076 littlevale Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    ...You will get kicked for any reason under the sun. They want a specific role, they want you to do the boss just how they do, even if the way they do it is inefficient, time consuming, and all around stupid, they don't want to compete for loot, they don't like the way your character looks, one time you didn't sell them something for half the price it was worth, that one really happened, the list goes on and on and gets no less stupid as it goes on. At the end of the day if you want to not get kicked run with at least 2 other friends or guild mates so you have kick majority.

I was just kicked (after my friend in the same Epic Dungeon) for the very first time, and it enraged me until I read this. You WILL be teamed up with ******bag players. I just ran an Epic Dungeon and was MVP on number of kills and most damage dealt, by far. I took the middle of the range on damage taken and was never downed once. I don't suck. I know how to play my character's abilities and I know where I am weak...at least, I thought I did.

While I will really never know why I was sent packing, I take comfort in knowing that I was teamed up with a socially ******ed kick happy jerk.

At least tell me what I need to work on so that I can combat my weaknesses.
  • nasfaelnasfael Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    One of the problem, sometimes, is that "they" is no one.
    Problem is that a lot of people don't think on their own, they'll just click Yes when the popup appear assuming the initiator is probably right.
    Just try to play the kick game, I'm sure you would be ashamed of the success rate of kicking random people for no reason.
  • kestrelhawkerkestrelhawker Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    My main is a HR .. at 60 , never once got a guild invite , group invite , nothing .. Made a cleric , because I honestly like playing cleric too .. I've spent more time turning down random group/guild invites than i have run quests... slight exaggeration... but only slight =P.

The other night ran through a dungeon all the way to the boss , only to get kick just before going in ... that was cute .
  • wade8765wade8765 Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    vintageviv wrote: »
    Ways to not get murdered:
    1) Don't go outside without a weapon.
    2) Don't go outside unless there are many others present. That decreases the likelihood someone will attack you.
    3) Don't make eye contact with or speak to anyone. This increases the likelihood of aggression and really it is your fault if they harm you.
    3) Don't go outside without a bodyguard.

As a matter of fact, don't go outside. Stay inside. Lock your doors. Use more than one lock (6 is standard). Get a guard dog, get several guard dogs, dig a moat, get a private militia. I could go on but hopefully by now you get the picture.

Our rights are never eroded over night. It is a series of small events that we are always willing to concede to and then one day we wonder how we got to this point. People wanting to do dungeons, have a right to do them. That is a feature of the game. However, there is a group of people who are making playing the game as intended very difficult (read as: GRIEFING). Therein is where the problem lies.

5) And for God's sake, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE do not go outside when the full moon occurs on the date of Friday 13th!
  • blueberry1973blueberry1973 Member Posts: 58
    edited May 2015
    2. understand your roll

Dude . A major problem is you are unable to invite friends to instances so you have a buddy keep queing until by chance he gets the instance . In the mean time you kick like 20 dudes to make room for him.

The worst players in this game have a high gear score. Like the Rogue who has a 15k gs but never attacks the boss and instead tries to smoke bomb abd attack only the adds in castle never. This same idiot would try to kick anyone with under a 13k gs from the group when his incompetence is 90% of the reason for fail. You have 15k gs hybrid healers or CW who never cc adds.

Expect for two people I know in game anyone over 14k gs is utter garbage. The problem is they do not realize it. They honestly think gs is everything.....

The game needs to add the ability to invite friends before opening up an instance to que. If the group does que they need to specify a certain class type like healer, dps, or tank.
    edited May 2015
    The worst players in this game have a high gear score. Like the Rogue who has a 15k gs but never attacks the boss and instead tries to smoke bomb abd attack only the adds in castle never. This same idiot would try to kick anyone with under a 13k gs from the group when his incompetence is 90% of the reason for fail. You have 15k gs hybrid healers or CW who never cc adds.
    Oh, I love the TRs who throw smoke bombs in PvE. They're so useless, yet they think their build is amazing.

Another winner was the 15.5k GS guardian fighter running a so-called DPS build who can't or won't mark/aggro/kite the adds so the TRs and HRs can focus on the boss. After two wipes we asked him to handle the add aggro so the CW could help him with CC while the single-target, high-DPS guys hit the boss and he flat out refused. He said we should all focus on the adds so he can kill the boss. Insanity! We should have known there was a problem when we saw he stacked power and critical strike and never entered guard mode in any encounter during the lead up to the final boss.
    Expect for two people I know in game anyone over 14k gs is utter garbage. The problem is they do not realize it. They honestly think gs is everything.....
    Yeah, this is generally true. Lots of people have no idea how to play their class and think GS and party composition is all that matters. Unsurprisingly, a lot of those same people are the ones abusing the VTK system. I do have a high GS, but it's because I got lucky with artifact drops.
  • blueberry1973blueberry1973 Member Posts: 58
    edited May 2015
    Oh, I love the TRs who throw smoke bombs in PvE. They're so useless, yet they think their build is amazing.

Another winner was the 15.5k GS guardian fighter running a so-called DPS build who can't or won't mark/aggro/kite the adds so the TRs and HRs can focus on the boss. After two wipes we asked him to handle the add aggro so the CW could help him with CC while the single-target, high-DPS guys hit the boss and he flat out refused. He said we should all focus on the adds so he can kill the boss. Insanity! We should have known there was a problem when we saw he stacked power and critical strike and never entered guard mode in any encounter during the lead up to the final boss.

Yeah, this is generally true. Lots of people have no idea how to play their class and think GS and party composition is all that matters. Unsurprisingly, a lot of those same people are the ones abusing the VTK system. I do have a high GS, but it's because I got lucky with artifact drops.

Lol. Get this one. I play a fury sw with the full accursed set bonus. I was invited to a group with a 16k CW. On the last boss in dread vault this guy's tells me he is a single target CW and should be the only one to attack the boss. I as a fury sw cannot possibly do as much dmg as him due to gs difference. He suggested I only attack adds with my beam lol. He refused to knock the adds off the edge due to his OP single target build. When the HR in our group attacked the boss the guy tried to boot him. It was unreal.

Any one dumb enough to invest 2k real money in this game is so stupid he cannot play it. What is the point.

We eventually killed the boss when I went single target . Still.... these idiots are everywhere and need to be muted and kicked from groups. At this point I auto kick anyone I do not know with a gs over 14k. It is not worth the effort to carry them .

I forgot to add I out dps the guy by 5 million. A 16k CW... built for AOE on adds and huge amounts of trash AOE dmg....
    edited May 2015
    Lol. Get this one. I play a fury sw with the full accursed set bonus. I was invited to a group with a 16k CW. On the last boss in dread vault this guy's tells me he is a single target CW and should be the only one to attack the boss. I as a fury sw cannot possibly do as much dmg as him due to gs difference. He suggested I only attack adds with my beam lol. He refused to knock the adds off the edge due to his OP single target build. When the HR in our group attacked the boss the guy tried to boot him. It was unreal.
    Nice. A single target CW? Really? What a moron. CWs are designed for mob CC and AoEs. Shifting to single target actually nerfs so much potential power. SWs are actually much better single target casters. The stupid... it burns.
    Any one dumb enough to invest 2k real money in this game is so stupid he cannot play it. What is the point.
    Are there really people who've spent that much money on this game? That sure would explain all the high-level, high-GS, completely ineffective toons I've seen out there. After all, if someone doesn't actually play the game to get their gear and learn their character, how could they possibly know how to play it?

My TR is really good now, but I'm on my third respec and I have almost 500 hours in the game so far. I know, I know... it's sad how many hours I've put into this game. I may have lost some sleep, but I'm really having a good time with it.
  • urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I think 5 is good

But

Petition the devs to raise the requirement to what the minimum should be

Really

That would be useful

If the min GS or whatever it is called now is to low it should be reset to the proper value

So what is the real needed value?
    edited May 2015
    I have to assume the minimum scores are the result of dungeon design and play testing. I think the given numbers are pretty close to being accurate IF your build is focused and you run with a coordinated group. There's a big difference between having an 8500 GS that stacks the wrong stats (or doesn't even have a stat stack focus) and having the same score with gear that compliments your build, has all the right enchantments, and boosts all the right stats. I've seen CWs with 8500 GS out damage CWs with 11k GS simply because the gear on the lower GS toon fit the build and play style of the character.

In most cases, however, the minimum GS is probably too low. This is especially true in PUGs where no one really works together, and characters aren't purpose built to compliment each other.
  • traumapaladintraumapaladin Member Posts: 31
    edited May 2015
    urlord283 wrote: »
    I think 5 is good

But

Petition the devs to raise the requirement to what the minimum should be

Really

That would be useful

If the min GS or whatever it is called now is to low it should be reset to the proper value

So what is the real needed value?

They could do that but part of the problem is that in all reality castle never (just using it as an example) is passable with 9300 gear score even if your whole team is at 9300 gear score. The problem is that most people suck and since they suck they need to improve their gear score so that they can then use their increased stats as a crutch. Not saying this to say that high gear score players suck, as a few people above have for whatever reason, but rather that increasing your stats has a definite impact on how easy content is. This then goes to why people kick low gear scores and there are 2 reasons I most often hear cited. The first is more or less what I already said that a high gear score means that even if they do suck they are less of a burden sucking at 15,000 gear score than someone sucking at a 9300 gear score. The second reason is that people often equate experience to gear score which gear score sometimes does correlate with time played and general skill, but often doesn't as people above have mentioned. In the end if you don't want kicked then run dungeons with people you know. Honestly if you're trying to pug Castle Never that is your first problem as the vast majority of people cant do it. They will cry, they will blame someone else for their poor play, they will kick those that blame them for failing. Note that these are all my own opinion and anyone can disagree with them as they please.